• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 drumdidly

drumdidly

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 06:09 PM

So I just started some liquid cultures (karo) and planned on innoc-ing some WBS to use as spawn for these brown rice cakes I have premade, in jars, but I was wondering if anyone has tried this or has any suggestions, i.e. turning the cakes into a flat cake, or could i just put the cakes into a box of some sort and just put the WBS underneath?
Tips, Teks, Suggestions, anything is appreciated

didly

#2 perrch01

perrch01

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 06:21 PM

I'm not sure what you are intending to do here. I would use the liquid culture to innoc the brf cakes then you could use them as spawn. Or you could use the culture on the wbs and the brf. Sorry I'm not much help but me and grains have a long standing relationship- I don't mess with them and they won't agitate me

#3 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 09:02 PM

planned on innoc-ing some WBS to use as spawn for these brown rice cakes I have premade, in jars,

how r u
getting the wbs
into the jars ?

#4 drumdidly

drumdidly

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 12:57 AM

ahhh haha well hippie I'm not sure yet, I'm kinda of experimenting

see, I'm racing time and innocing the PF Jars straight would take to long to colonize, so I thought that if I used spawn- the WBS, it would colonize and fruit sooner

maybe I could crumble some cakes into a tupperware container, pour spawn on top, then crumble more brf cakes on top, wait till it colonizes, case with verm, would that work?

thanks guys

#5 nomoreusmc

nomoreusmc

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 940 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 01:22 AM

If I understand what your thinking, you would be just as fast if not faster to noc up with the karo than with the grain to brf trainsfer. Hit up the innouculum and watch how fast they zoom

#6 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:01 AM

i'd mix the colonized crumbled wbs substrate with the sterile but un-inoculated brf
inside a gallon ziplock or spawn bag, with attached filter patch,
[working in sterile conditions],
maybe toss in some pasteurized coir or dung and let it all colonize,
should fruit ok.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!