I wasnt going to do a step-by-step, but someone in chat told me they didnt undertstand even after reading all the teks and to do a bulleted list. So here is my bulleted list lab notes, of use to those who have a full knowledge of all known teks. Basic stuff + a few tips + pics. Enjoy! ;)
This method can be multiplied to 2 1-gallon jug containers each with 200g cacti. Have fun!
TIP: Use the biggest gelcaps you can find for mescaline. Buy some ascorbic acid powder (Vitamin-C) from your local home brew beer shop, vitamin shop, or health shop and fill the remainder of your gelcaps up with it. A nice kick to the brain!
SAFETY: EVERY window was opened. Multiple big fans were oscillating. Rooms w/ windows open + fans on were closed off and "safe". Goggles, face masks, and chem-gloves were used.
- 200g Peruvian Torch Incense Chips
- 2 18oz Bottles Sodium Hydroxide (Roebic brand works) (see attached image)
- 1 Bottle Muriatic Acid
- 3liter Toluene (Xylene works too)
- 1 3liter Acetone
- 1 1-gallon Glass Apple Juice Jug (see attached image)
- 1 Glass bottle (Organic Cranberry Juice Bottle. SOBE bottles work)
- 2 3qt Apple Juice Bottles (see attached image)
- 1 Pyrex glass measuring container (4 cups) (see attached image)
- 1 Pyrex baking dish (see attached image w/ fan)
- 1 Large Plastic Funnel
- 1 10ml Measured Dropper
- 3 Mason Jar Lid Rings
- 1 Skillet
- 1 Pressure Cooker Pot
- Cotton Balls
- Solvent Mask w/ Filter
- Drill or big nail
- Small power fan (Hawaiian Beeze works well) (see attached image)
1. Powderized 200g Peruvian Torch Incense in blender.
2. Put 200g of cactus powder in 1-gallon glass jug.
3. Added 9 ounces of sodium hydroxide (lye) to jug.
4. Added distilled water to fill jug half-way up.
5. Tightened cap and shook. Opened cap after 5 seconds of shaking to release gases. Note: Created lots of heat in jug.
6. Tightened cap and shook to mix thoroughly. Kept releasing gas as necessary.
7. Added enough Toluene to come up 4 inches above cactus sludge.
8. Tightened cap and gently placed sideways on floor (on a towel)
9. Rolled back and forth semi-fast to mix thoroughly without a lot of bubbles. Released gas as necessary.
10. Let sit for 24 hours to separate. (See notes on emulsion below)
1. Added 5ml (1 teaspoon) Muriatic acid to 250ml (1.25 cups) distilled water in glass bottle. Shook well. Set aside.
2. Using a turkey baster, the top layer of toluene was sucked off (without getting any of the emulsions layer) and put it into a 3qt Juice bottle.
3. Added acid mixture to toluene and shook thoroughly.
4. Waited 5-10 minutes for it to separate completely.
5. Drilled a pencil-sized hole on one of the bottom side of a separate 3qt Juice bottle. The hole was on the area where the bottle curves to the underneath side.
6. Prepared a glass container to catch liquid (Pyrex 4-cup). Wearing chem-gloves, held the juice bottle while covering the hole on the bottom with finger.
7. Slowly poured all contents of juice bottle 1 into the bottle with the hole, then let contents separate for 10-20 seconds while finger covered the hole.
8. Carefully drained off water out of hole into the glass container. Maneuvered the juice bottle the most optimal way to make the water come to the hole.
9. Used eyedropper to remove\microseperate extreme excess toluene.
10. Placed water under a fan for several hours until all toluene had evaporated from the top of the water.
-Added an additional 9oz Lye to cactus sludge. Shook well. Released gas as necessary.
-Repeated all steps from Extraction step 7 through Salting step 10. Kept final water separate for each pull.
-Used fresh toluene for pull1 and pull 2, reused pull 2 toluene for pull 3
1. Evaporated the water from each pull separately and kept the results separate.
2. If less then 200ml, poured water onto glass Pyrex baking dish.
3. Used small fan aimed downward onto dish to dry over the course of 1-2 days.
4. As certain areas dried faster, remaining liquid was moved around the dish to even out.
5. If it was over 200ml, see section below on safe reducing.
6. See section below on crystal building (optional).
7. Using a fresh razor blade, fresh crystals were scraped off the dish. Brown areas of the dish were noted, and powder scraped from the white areas was kept separate. Similar colors were added together.
8. Using a razor blade, the powder was chopped out into a big flat circle as thin as it could be made and it was set somewhere open to dry for a few days. Do not use oven!!!!! Heat lamps kept a good distance worked well.
1. 3-5 cotton balls were tightly fit in a large funnel. The first cotton ball stuck out about halfway the bottom of the funnel. The last cotton ball filled where the bottom part of the funnel starts inside.
2. Filled a 1 pint mason jar ¾ full with Acetone.
3. Added mescaline powder to acetone.
4. Tightened lid and shook vigorously.
5. Released gases, re-tightened lid, and put in freezer.
6. Placed funnel over large cup and\or 1 quart mason jar to catch acetone.
7. Once ice cold, swirled acetone jar and poured through funnel. Added a small amount of acetone and swirled out the remaining salts ifrom the jar into the funnel
8. Poured fresh cold acetone through the funnel until it ran out clear into the catching container.
9. Placed funnel 3-4 feet in front of a fan set on low until there was no more acetone smell (12-24 hours).
10. Positioned funnel over a catch-container as before, and slowly poured 200ml of boiling water through the funnel. All salts were sucked into the water and through the cotton into the container. Evaporated + scraped as before.
-The first step to avoiding emulsions is using Toluene as apposed to Xylene.
-The second step is your mixing method. Make sure you very carefully roll the container when you mix the toluene in. Roll it back and forth slowly at first to get a feel for how the water moves and falls back on itself, mixing, without splashing. Work with the natural flow of the water and speed up pace. Roll back and forth pretty hard a few times if you feel the need, but don’t get carried away.
- Roll\Mix Jug thoroughly then add 4oz Lye and roll\mix + release gases then let separate on heat bath (see below) for 1 hour then out of bath for 2 hours. If the emulsion is still unbearable, add 4oz more and repeat until you get less emulsion. Do not add more then 18oz total, just use what you can at that point. Let it separate for 24 hours then try to pull off the toluene.
-If separation still fails, add toluene to fill the rest of the 1-gallon jug. Roll\mix. Heat bath (see below). Let sit 24 hours then pull off what you can.
The Heat Bath
The heat bath is fairly easy and was used pretty much as protocol for most all separation operations.
1. Add 3 mason jar lid bands on the bottom of a pressure cooker pot (as seen in skillet in attached image below).
2. Put the 1-gallon glass jug with toluene and cactus sludge on the lid bands in the pressure cooker pot (see attached image below).
3. Make sure the jug lid is resting loosely on top.
4. Fill the water up to about 1 inch below the top rim of the pot.
5. Turn the heat on low-medium and keep the jug there for 1 hour.
6. Remove the jug and place aside to cool for the remaining 23 hours.
Safe Reducing Acidic Alkaloid Water
1. Put acidic alkaloid-water into Pyrex 4-cup container.
2. Put 3 mason jar lid bands on the bottom of a skillet (see attached image below)
3. Put Pyrex 4-cup container on top of lid bands.
4. Fill skillet to ½ inch below the rim with water.
5. Turn heat on medium-high and leave for hours as needed. Make sure to vent very well!
6. Add water to skillet as necessary. +
7. Once to 100-200ml, crystallize!
1. Obtain a container of alkaloid water.
2. Pore just enough on a Pyrex baking dish to BARELY cover the whole bottom (you have to move around the dish to spread it all).
3. Set baking dish in front of small power fan (see attached image below)
4. Wait minutes\hours for evaporation to occur. Move liquid around to dry areas then wait for more evaporation.
5. Once dry, add another small amount of liquid and repeat the process until all liquid is used up.
6. Keep dry crystals on Pyrex baking dish under power fan for an addition 12 hours.
7. Scrape while keeping each section of crystal purity seperate. Seperate whiter areas from browner areas.