Xerces

Embedded Spirit of Love & Power

• OG VIP
  • 971 posts

Donator

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:12 AM

I just splitted here not to go offtopic on the original thread:

- for the alpha wave frequency track

That brain wave frequency mp3 is WOW, I would like to know more about it.

#2 morthos

morthos

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:37 AM

Cool Xerces, I do agree! Im playing it twice now since writing my response in the last thread. Neat sober, 25 min long...good trip material!

Are there more of these kind of tracksQ

#3 Scroto Baggins

Scroto Baggins

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:30 AM

I find it's best to listen to them through headphones.

What they are is something called Binaural beats or in other words two different frequencies played so that you hear them as one frequency.
When listening to it a phenomenon takes place called brainwave synchronization where your brains waves will actually change to the frequency of the stimuli. Over time they will be entrained to be at the most common frequency.

http://en.wikipedia..../Binaural_beats
http://en.wikipedia....synchronization

Both interesting reads.

This is taken from Wikipedia about the Dreamachine.

The Dreamachine is "viewed" with the eyes closed: the pulsating light stimulates the optical nerve and alters the brain's electrical oscillations. The "viewer" experiences increasingly bright, complex patterns of color behind their closed eyelids. The patterns become shapes and symbols, swirling around, until the "viewer" feels surrounded by colors. It is claimed that viewing a Dreamachine allows one to enter a hypnagogic state. <sup class="noprint"></sup> This experience may sometimes be quite intense, but to escape from it, one needs only to open one's eyes.

It's a fun activity that will take you a couple of weekends and when its done should make you friends go "Whoaa"

#4 Xerces

Xerces

Embedded Spirit of Love & Power

• OG VIP
  • 971 posts

Donator

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:30 PM

Posted ImageIt sounds Interesting...

Maybe I'll give it a try when I find the time between mushrooms cultivation and mj cultivation.. lol.

#5 ANON

ANON

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 307 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:36 PM

do you have any more of these tracks?

#6 Scroto Baggins

Scroto Baggins

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:42 PM

do you have any more of these tracks?

I wish. Below is the program that was used to make it. Unfortunately it works only on Macs so I'm S.O.L.

http://www.10111.org...?wakka=Aaplysia

#7 vork21

vork21

Fan Man

• Free Member
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:48 AM

There's a program from Germany called "Brainwave Generator." I don't have a link handy, but if you plug it into google, you're sure to find it. It's a freeware monaural and binaural beat generator. Also great for random modulations and colored noise. There's also a piece of equipment available for this program that will simultaneously apply the same frequency stimuli to your eyes.

#8 eternalfrost

eternalfrost

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 811 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:20 AM

i used to get the dream machine effect all the time as a kid. on the bus ride home the sun would always be at just the right level to hine through the branches of the trees along the road. closing youe eyes youd see this intence brightness of the sun flashing fast randomly on and off getting the most intense geometric kelidoscope patterns.

#9 flashmike

flashmike

Mycodruid Forum International Mod

• Expired Member
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:18 AM

www.bwgen.com
I use that for relaxation and meditation. There are a lot of cool presets for that program. I like it coz I've healed my terrible headaches once and for all with that. I haven't headache for about 5 years :bow: (except after heavy alko-parties ^^)

#10 Guest_Glasshopper_*

Guest_Glasshopper_*

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:59 AM

Bwgen is a rockin program. I have used it for years.
You can build a set of glasses for it (using a pair of 567 tone decoder chips) making it a dirt cheap full light sound machine. Superior in effect than the "flasher" window.

I have had a few different "brainmachines" and I have found bwgen as good as some and better than others (Mindgear is the best hardware imho).

Another (not quite as) good program is soundexplorer I think (not absolutely sure) it can also control light glasses via the printer port.

This one does use the printer port for the glasses futuremind

Doser good but designed to delete the pattern after you run it, it's supposed to be a single "dose" requiring you to purchase patterns over and over (if you look on the torrents you can find a "fixed" version that does not do this).

never tried this one but here it is anyway, The Neuro-Programmer

While we are on the subject of relaxing software..
Atmosphere Is not an entrainment software, just a ambient sound generator but very soothing.

If anybody is interested post here and I'll look and see if I can find the information on making the light glasses. I've got it somewhere in the giggs of electronic data in my personal archives.

#11 flashmike

flashmike

• Expired Member
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:03 PM

I'm interested...
:meditate:

#12 Guest_Glasshopper_*

Guest_Glasshopper_*

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:27 PM

Ok, first a warning,
DO NOT USE THESE CIRCUTS IF YOU ARE, THINK YOU ARE, OR HAVE EVER BEEN EPILEPTIC.
The same goes for any other light system, they can trigger a seizure.

This is serious DO NOT.

Ok first the lpt version, this will work with the "brainmaster" or "Mindwave" software and probably a few more Iv'e never heard of.

Mind-pcm.gif

Next is the "audiostrobe" version. This will work with the "braingen" software as well as "audiostrobe" and "turbosonic" CDs. They use an inaudible (at least to adult ears) tone of 19200 KHz tone to trigger the lights.

You will need to build 2 of these (only one 7805 is needed) one for each eye.

P1 potentiometer is used to adjust freqency less then 19200Hz, you can use this when listening to music without the special tones.

The above components including chips and all the components (for both eyes) should cost around $10 (US).

The same goggels may used for both the pc-port and audio circuits.

audio-strobe.jpg

Finaly, here is the author's recomendation for assembling the glasses.
I however, recomend the use of a flexable circut bord that you can just glue (or rivet) to the inside of the glasses.

Glasses.gif

Good luck and enjoy all the colors,
GH

#13 flashmike

flashmike

• Expired Member
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:37 PM

Nice, maybe I'll try to make sth with that, but lpt... a little inconvenient I think...

#14 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:49 PM

If you google "binaural beat" there are a lot of cool links, some of which also have cool links. there are even a couple of "electronic drug" CDs available for not too much money, which I'm sometimes tempted to try while I'm studyng fungi.

I've fiddled with this technology for years, with varying success. Guided meditations, hypnosis, Transcendental Masturbation -uh - meditation also. Very fascinating, and well worth learning. Meditation has helped me through some very difficult times.

#15 DJTetsu

DJTetsu

View Source Code

• Expired Member
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:45 PM

I've researched binaural beat and even tried rips of CDs by the Monroe institutue. From what I've researched and what I've tried first hand, I don't think they produce any significant difference from just listening to calming music or trying meditating in a more traditional manner, since active participation to relax is required in listening to binaural beat anyway. No hard hard facts that they actually do anything, and people's claims often come from its possible placebo effect.

#16 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 10:39 PM

thx glasshopper
:bow:

#17 Guest_Glasshopper_*

Guest_Glasshopper_*

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:08 PM

thx glasshopper
:bow:

Just happy to give back to the comunity that has given me so much:heartbeat

#18 eternalfrost

eternalfrost

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 811 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:14 PM

heres a great little online java binaural beat generator
http://pantheon.yale...let_signed.html

and a online virtual dream machine
http://www.netlibert...reamachine.html

unfortunatly the dreammachine dosent give the true full effect because monitors arent really all that intense light. i feel the lack of the holes sliding by,just straight up flashing instead, also reduces the effect. still funn tho put your nose right up the the screen with the lights off.

personally binaural beats deffinatly have the effect of putting me in a medatative state very quickly. usually takes quite long for me to get the voices to stop when going 'au natural' meditation. but still i think just the mindshattering crazy vibrating white noise has just as much to do with it as any 'ghost beats'. much like the effect of repeating a single word endlessly, just scrambles your head

#19 ethnobotanica

ethnobotanica

Botanical-manical

• Expired Member
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:08 PM

NEURO PROGRAMMER 2 IS THE 1 TO CHECK OUT PEEPS. It comes with a very in depth guide to using "tones". IT isnt free though, I payed the 50 bucks and must say it is well worth the money. Try the free ones first though to see if you like this sort of thing. NP2 does sound much nicer than the freebies, really nice background sounds. Am afraid that there isnt a crack available though, trust me I looked long n hard. Nor do they make it for macs.
It also has a flashing screen so u get photic stimulation at the same time. Do heed the warnings though, DON'T use it if you fall into any of the categories listed.
Go to transparentcorp.com. , u can download a 14 day trial. Hope that helps:)

#20 ethnobotanica

ethnobotanica

Botanical-manical

• Expired Member
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:14 PM

sorry, i was hasty there, i see now that glasshopper already put the link up:bow:
just checked dream machine, is nice.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!