• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Outer

Outer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:19 AM

Foaf sent me some pictures of invitro bags fruiting and hes got a few questions. It seems there is water at the bottom of the bags collecting and its about time to pick first flush. Does he leave the the water down there or should he dump it out since he will be opening the bags? its quite alot and theres actually mushies growing in the water it looks like.Some of the mushies have grown bout a half inch and are bout querter size with a little brown cap(pinsize) trying to pertrude but thats it they stoped with no color change...is this an abort(no pic of this but ill try to get one) Heres some pics ,any suggestions are welcome!:rasta:

#2 Outer

Outer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:33 AM

Heres the picts.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0785.JPG
  • DSCF0782.JPG
  • DSCF0784.JPG
  • DSCF0781.JPG
  • DSCF0779.JPG
  • DSCF0780.JPG
  • DSCF0773.JPG
  • DSCF0771.JPG

#3 siam_jim

siam_jim

Mycotopia Mod

• Expired Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:49 AM

you'll be suprise how they will grow if you give them some air. the liquid look like mycelium piss, normal.. you will have to drain it out for the second flush since dunking would have to be done to max your 2nd grow.

siam

#4 Outer

Outer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:44 PM

ty .. do you think they need a dunk since it hasnt absorbed whats in ther yet? Foaf wasl ittle worried that if he let fresh air in it might contam the water thats sitting!

#5 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:18 PM

If it is mycelial piss, it shouldn't contaminate. Those cellular wastes have high end antibiotic properties (if I am remembering correctly).

Wasn't it RR who once suggested "piss" for cold sores or something like that? Or should I just put the crack pipe down?

#6 siam_jim

siam_jim

Mycotopia Mod

• Expired Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:54 PM

yes you are right buck...the piss is actually good...stated by RR..

outer you can make a small hole and plug it with poly fill or a bandage

siam

#7 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:57 PM

Mushroom metabolites have a lot of medicinal uses. Here's a good page with pdf downloades for a wide variety of mushoom topics from the International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms.

http://www.edata-cen...01b?a=2005.html

#8 Outer

Outer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:37 AM

awsome ,sry for the late response . Foaf says he noticed some aborts so he cut bags open and the piss was dry clumped together so he went ahead and picked what was there. He didnt get picts sry but tells me that he harvested 2 bags .One bag full of nice boomers and the other full of nice size aborts(guessing i was to late to tell him to drain) either way hes happy and has wowed himself.O yea it took really long to colonize at 78 . He nocted up bags then rolled them loosly back up and put them in post office box they came in and it took from the bnl before the holiday bnl to fruit and 2 bags still arnt done. no biggie i guess but was wondering what he did wrong!

#9 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:37 AM

Is that brf? One thing's for sure, they are a bit on the wet side. You shouldn't have that much of a waste product in the bags. Make sure your substrate is dead on as far as the mixture is concerned and that you're not getting moisture in the bags when you sterilize them.

#10 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:41 AM

Remember: it is always better to err on the side of caution.

A little too dry is way better than a little too moist.

#11 Outer

Outer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 242 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:55 PM

i guess i forgot to mention thems are hippies bags :rasta: .Hers some picts of the dry fruits foaf sent me.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0813.JPG
  • DSCF0805.JPG
  • DSCF0803.JPG
  • DSCF0806.JPG

#12 LotRev

LotRev

Technopagan

• Expired Member
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:22 PM

Your best photo yet!

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1169079657

Is that JTG pounding away on Johnny Nitro?

And I just caught that Kurt Angle......nice.

Attached Thumbnails

• raw.JPG

#13 Outer

Outer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 242 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 06:21 AM

lol got me i havnt watched wrestling since rollerdurby came on afterwards. Foaf is a freak on it though:headbang:

#14 Outer

Outer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 242 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 07:39 AM

little update , bags where still giving enough for personal use untill last month! been a long time. if i knew what i was doing and gave it a little more air im sure i would of got better results but i was happy and a few friends. thx hip your bags are the way to go for begginers!:bow:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!