163 replies to this topic

#1 slp

slp

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:57 PM

I am putting together an article for the next #17 TEO that has to do with
a Don Teeter claiming to grow Amanita muscaria mycelium on grape juice.
I am course, right now, looking at this as gebberish. Others who have
examined the white growth, which also grows on bread, see black spores
from the growth. Claim is, the growth produces Ibotenic Acid, you then
heat it, making Muscimol, you drink it,........you "Fly".
Sounds like a Mucor of some type to me. Not Amanita muscaria mycelium.
I have never heard
of this. Goes against everything I have studied. For any who read this thread,
and know about any mushroom mycelium growing on grape juice, I sure want
to hear from you.........If I use your reply, I will use your name here......
and of course "Mycotopia". Post here or send to [email protected]
Hey Hippie.....its okay to give your say here on this Teeter thing. You have
heard of it......right?
I did a quick search for Grape Juice. Nothing was there. Thanks....slp/fmrc

#2 siam_jim

siam_jim

Mycotopia Mod

• Expired Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:20 PM

i would think the acidity of the grape juice halts growth..yes? no?

siam

#3 slp

slp

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:58 AM

And, maybe lacks other needed things. But then, I read here where Vanilla
Extract was used......??? Keep any info coming. Looks like this is new to you
people also.........grin. slp/fmrc

#4 siam_jim

siam_jim

Mycotopia Mod

• Expired Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:01 AM

yes that was lazlo trick. seems to work reall great from reports, however vanilla doesn't have the PH problems like the grape juice. ahh don't mind me i'm just blappin

siam

#5 CannAmerican

CannAmerican

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 12:38 PM

I'm pretty sure that most grape juice available would have preservatives such as potassium sorbate in it, therefore preventing growth.

#6 slp

slp

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:06 PM

Hey Hippie, stumped your toe on this thread yet? I was wanting to hear what
you might know or think about all this???? I will try some runs myself here
shortly......thanks guys, keep it coming............slp/fmrc

#7 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:07 PM

Well, i'd think that the mycelium could grow out in about any suitable culture if it grows on bread and in properly prepared grape juice. But I also wonder why grape juice was used, rather than the usual liquid culture materials? There must be a reason. Maybe not.

#8 Guest_xxxsevxxx_*

Guest_xxxsevxxx_*

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:25 PM

The only thing ive ever heard about is using grape pumice dried . you can get the stats for that in back of the mushroom cultivator . allo drop a few stats here . The ph could of been changed to fit the parameters of the aminta . but this all sounds a little like a corpophilic substrates to me lol !!(myco humor is always sooo dorky ) all try this myself here in next month . ive got plenty of A.M spores . is there a link to this claim mr.peele? so i can try and mimic the work as close to his as possiable .
grape pumice
total dry matter (per CT)91.0
protien 12.2
fat 6.9
fiber 30.2
N-free extract(?) 36.7
total minreals 5.0
calcuim 0.0
phosphorus 0.0
nitrogen 1.96
potasium 0.0
later VII

#9 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:31 PM

This should be somewhat of a simple experiment i'd think.

#10 slp

slp

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:05 PM

Amanita muscaria spores are most difficult as is, to germinate. This tek
involves transfer of the live culture. try this:
http://tribes.tribe.....5-b00b6d356a37
slp/fmrc

#11 slp

slp

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:21 PM

Ooops, I tried the link, it did not work????? Well, here is the article that was
at the link:
An new take on amanita growth.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I created this tribe after having the unique opportunity of working with ethnobotaist/mycologist/author Donald E. Teeter. He's been studying the Amanita for many years. Through extensive research and experiments, Mr. Teeter has uncovered the lost knowledge and ancient alchemy of Amanita Muscaria, also known as "Soma" and 107 other Sanskrit names.

It has been a myth for about a hundred years or so (since the beginning of mycology), that one cannot grow or cultivate Amanita Muscaria. We now know that this is inaccurate. Mushrooms are the fruit of the fungus, whereas it's mycelium would be considered it's root system and actual "plant" one might say. Mr. Teeter has found it possible, in fact anyone can do it, to regrow the mycelium. With this mycelium, you can grow it in grape juice, or on barley grains, which will end up being chock-full of ibotenic acid. Ibotenic acid is found in fresh AM specimens. When dried, the Ibotenic Acid decarboxylizes into Muscimol, the psychoactive constituent of AM. Ibotenic Acid that you grow in grape juice, or whichever medium you choose, can be heated to convert it into Muscimol. You are now left with Muscimol Juice, that tastes great, and gives some of the most curious and fascinating experiences. The experience can be as mild as cannabis, or could become psychadelic, depending upon the potency and how much you drink. I forgot to mention, that when grown on barley grains, you can then make bread out of it. Since the mycelium grows larger in the grape juice and barley grains, you then can take that mycelium to innoculate more juice or grains, and can continue to do this over and over. This is why the ancients called it the The Immortal God.

Now, this has raised a great debate and question about Jesus and Christ. It is obvious to me, that this is how Jesus made The Living Bread, capable of making thousands of loaves of bread. It also makes sense how one could turn water into wine.

In Donald E. Teeter's book: "Amanita Muscaria; Herb of Immortality", the author explores these matters. Giving many examples, references, and almost un-deniable theories about every major religion.

If we are all sparks of The Divine, how can one be seperated as "The Annointed One"? Why did Jesus speak of The Christ in third person? In my opinion, if we are all emanations of God, the only true "prophets" (God on Earth) are sacraments.

These are subjects that I am ecstatic about exploring with all of you. This ancient knowledge goes much deeper than I can post on one thread. I hope to help everyone create their own Holy Grail, Amanita Wine, Soma, and gain input from everyone in an open discussion.

Like I said, this is a basic intro. I would love to hear what everyone else knows about amanitas.

Namaste.

T-doe"

#12 alpiner

alpiner

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 429 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:44 PM

http://tribes.tribe....a5-b00b6d356a37

#13 slp

slp

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:46 PM

Try This One:

http://tribes.tribe....a5-b00b6d356a37

#14 alpiner

alpiner

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 429 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:00 AM

you know looking at the pictures on that site and having grown ten species in various liquid cultures it looks like something a rhizopus( had R oligosporus do something sorta similar not too long ago) would do or some sort of mold
I could be wrong but this smells to me
also, I noticed that there is no place on the site with a tek, when people ask for one they are told to buy the book

#15 alpiner

alpiner

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 429 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:20 AM

I work closely with an ethnobotanist/author who has directed the majority (I should say all) of his studies into mycology. It's not all mushrooms he's interested in,, not even all the psychadelic ones. He studies THE true sacrament, the true prophet. Amanita, also known as 'Soma' and 107 other sanskrit names that it was given by the Rig Vedas. As we all know 108 is a VERY sacred number.

I wanted to know what everyone else knows about Amanitas, Soma, The Eucharist, The Living Bread, and the Holy Grail. It has been a myth for many years that Amanita Muscaria cannot be regrown or cultivated. This is half-true. One cannot regrow or cultivate the mushroom, but anyone can grow mycellium from just an inch of a stem. This mycellium can grow in many culture mediums, but grown in grape juice or barley and rye grains, it is edibke and drinkable. If you grow it in pastureized grape juice, the grape juice will contain a significant amount of Ibotenic Acid. Heat the grape juice to 190 degrees farenheit, and you will turn the ibotenic acid to muscimol. Drink it... and well... it's amaxing, fascinating, mystic, incredible.

Like I said, I wanted to know everyone else's knowledge on this subject, perhaps I will start a tribe based upon this. The Ambrosia Society is what I'm going to call it.
posted by:

T Doe
Austin
23 friends
join to post
T Doe

Re: Amanita Wine, Amanita Bread

Sat, March 4, 2006 - 3:27 PM
I forgot to mention that if you grow the mycellium on grains, you then use the grains to make bread, brownies, cookies...

Also, the mycellium grows in these mediums. Meaning that you can take mycellium from the wine or bread that you just made, which is rich in muscimol, and throw it in more grape juice or grains. The cycle is literally endless. This makes Amanitas immortal, which makes it a god.

Mt. Olympus, "Home of the Gods", is covered with amanita mushrooms.

"Eat this bread, for it is my flesh, drink my wine for it is my blood" Jesus himself said that the Christ could not be a son of David (human being). The Christ Conciousness is contained within this immortal prophet on Earth, Amanita Muscaria... Soma.

There's lots to talk about on this subject. You guys let me know if you would like to start a new tribe based on recent discoveries. Oh, by the way, I have drank the wine and will be eating the bread in the near future. Once the new batch is ready.

Another thing I would like to mention. The said it took Christ three days to ressurect, this is also how long it takes to regrow mycellium from a dried, dormant (I say dormant, cause it's never dead...it's immortal) mushroom. Many prophecies have also said that Christ would return 2000 years later, we're around that time. Plus, the author I work with made his discoveries about eight years ago I believe. I'll double check on that for y'all.

Namste

-T Doe

P.S. - I have regrown the mycellium myself and innoculated grape juice last night with success. It has begun growing. I will keep everyone updated.

#16 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,654 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:47 PM

An new take on amanita growth. - 20th June 2006, 07:51 PM

"I created this tribe after having the unique opportunity of working with ethnobotaist/mycologist/author Donald E. Teeter. He's been studying the Amanita for many years. Through extensive research and experiments, Mr. Teeter has uncovered the lost knowledge and ancient alchemy of Amanita Muscaria, also known as "Soma" and 107 other Sanskrit names.

It has been a myth for about a hundred years or so (since the beginning of mycology), that one cannot grow or cultivate Amanita Muscaria. We now know that this is inaccurate. Mushrooms are the fruit of the fungus, whereas it's mycelium would be considered it's root system and actual "plant" one might say. Mr. Teeter has found it possible, in fact anyone can do it, to regrow the mycelium. With this mycelium, you can grow it in grape juice, or on barley grains, which will end up being chock-full of ibotenic acid. Ibotenic acid is found in fresh AM specimens. When dried, the Ibotenic Acid decarboxylizes into Muscimol, the psychoactive constituent of AM. Ibotenic Acid that you grow in grape juice, or whichever medium you choose, can be heated to convert it into Muscimol. You are now left with Muscimol Juice, that tastes great, and gives some of the most curious and fascinating experiences. The experience can be as mild as cannabis, or could become psychadelic, depending upon the potency and how much you drink. I forgot to mention, that when grown on barley grains, you can then make bread out of it. Since the mycelium grows larger in the grape juice and barley grains, you then can take that mycelium to innoculate more juice or grains, and can continue to do this over and over. This is why the ancients called it the The Immortal God.

Now, this has raised a great debate and question about Jesus and Christ. It is obvious to me, that this is how Jesus made The Living Bread, capable of making thousands of loaves of bread. It also makes sense how one could turn water into wine.

In Donald E. Teeter's book: "Amanita Muscaria; Herb of Immortality", the author explores these matters. Giving many examples, references, and almost un-deniable theories about every major religion.

If we are all sparks of The Divine, how can one be seperated as "The Annointed One"? Why did Jesus speak of The Christ in third person? In my opinion, if we are all emanations of God, the only true "prophets" (God on Earth) are sacraments.

These are subjects that I am ecstatic about exploring with all of you. This ancient knowledge goes much deeper than I can post on one thread. I hope to help everyone create their own Holy Grail, Amanita Wine, Soma, and gain input from everyone in an open discussion.

Like I said, this is a basic intro. I would love to hear what everyone else knows about amanitas.

Namaste.

T-doe"

#17 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,654 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:48 PM

Hate to be the one to tell you.....this is all a bunch of crap.
Amanita muscaria has been maintained for many years on PDA.
It is the preferred method of the ATCC Culture bank for some 50 years.
Never grape juice. The fugus he grows on grape juice produces
black spores...........What color are Amanita spores? White
Also, I did articles many, many, years ago about how to clone Amanita.
Only the cap tissue that is connected to the gill of any Amanita, will
transfer to agar.....Now that you have heard the truth from someone
who really knows, please do go on with yourself.....for the Teeter
thingy is no more than gibberish and I am shocked at how you put it
here.....being a global mod that is. slp/fmrc

#18 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,654 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:52 PM

I have recently collected some Amanita muscaria. I have fresh spores and fresh dried mushrooms. I am thinking that grape juice bought in a can is pasteurized like the tek calls for. I will begin research on this tek. I will use both dry mushroom and spores. Any other helpful information will be appreciated............Temps, time and so on. It is time for the truth. Also it is worth mentioning that I did an article not too long ago on toxins. It is now known that some new toxins will appear when known toxins are heated. Waiting for any input. I will get the canned grape juice today........slp/fmrc

#19 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,654 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:53 PM

I went collecting Amanita muscaria today on a 20 acre plot of pine trees I have been maintaining for 17 years now. I collected some really nice ones. The grape juice I bought was in small serving size plasic bottles. It stated it was pastuerized. I placed fresh cap sections, dried cap sections, spores, and stem parts all in separate bottles of juice. I figured the juice bottles were clean, so I just used them removing the cap only for brief second. I also placed fresh Amanita muscaria in zip-lock bags and added grape juice to watch for any mycelium revertation. They are in a dark place about 65 Degrees F. I will move them later tonigh to a dark room at 70 Degrees F, and place air filter on bottles.
Whatever it may be worth, our next #19 "TEONANACATL", The International Journal of Psychoactive Mushrooms (TEO) February 2006 Issue will have freshly collected Amanita muscaria spore samples affixed in a plastic sealed envelope as the Journals's free spore sample.
What has caused me to even bother with this, was something I read the other day. People are growing Psilocybe cubensis mycelium from spores out on Fly Paper!!?? But I will still be more bafooned to see Amanita grow out on grape juice........waiting for any tips......and what to do next. Someone wanted me to try this, now I am trying so lets get some help. For I surely have never grown mushrooms on grape juice.......slp/fmrc

#20 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,654 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:55 PM

Rawkcuf asked about selling ibotenic acid.

Jonathan Ott did this one year.

He was able to convert 3 grams of ibotenic acid for research labs.

It takes from 100 to 125 pounds of Amanita muscaria and/or A. muscaria var. formosa to produce one dried gram of ibotenic acid.

And Ott was only able to produce 3 grams in one year of the processing of the chemicals.

Thus making it highly expensive and hardly worth his time.

I may have amswered this before.

Then finding anyone interested would be hard. There is not much market for it scientifically.

mjshroomer

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!