#21 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:56 PM

I gave the project a little glance just a few minutes ago. On two of the floating fresh caps, there were signs of several small cotton patches. I have seen this mushroom do this before, revert back to mycelium when kept moist. I have found out that grape juice does have glucose sugars, is acidic. When ever I have pulled pH on soil samples in pine tree forest, they are acidic also.......Starting to feel like Jesus must have, when he did this....grin. slp/fmrc

#22 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:57 PM

Small white growths now from the dry caps that were done. I guess in a few more days I will determine mycelium or contaminants. So far, trying to duplicate this operation maybe as Jesus did, I think I was still more sterile. But, using wild collected samples, in whole parts, if the grape juice is going to work, it must not meet contams need. If it does, I don't see how anyone 2000 years ago would have had success.....slp/fmrc

#23 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:57 PM

The project that had some live stalks and just enough grape juice to keep them good and moist has reverted mycelium, and no signs of contams.
The project with fresh spores shows no signs of growth.
The project with a freshly dried cap shows good solid thick growth, with only a few spots of contams. I will transfer this to fresh juice tomorrow. All other projects were contaminated. I was wondering, are you supposed to just drink the heated grape juice? If so, how is the good stuff getting out of the cell walls into the juice? I wouldn't think that much would get out.....slp/fmrc

#24 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:58 PM

Dec. 31........Transfer of good said growth to new grape juice. Contams that were noted in other projects were yellow and some were green. Reverted mycelium still looks good on the fresh stalks, but it has not reached out to the grape juice. No spores were noted on the transferred growth. The project with fresh spores still shows no growth. No microscopy was done. But the transferred growth seemed to be very light, and it has always floated. Other mycelia seen in Liquid culture, usually sink, and the project needs to be swirled to get air to it. This seems to lay on top, and gets plenty of air. So, I guess nothing important to post as of yet....slp/fmrc

#25 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:59 PM

Jan 3, 07, the transferred pieces seem to be growing, and still floating. I also noted when I through the other projects out that were contaminated, the grape juice had started to ferment. This seems to indicate that there were wild yeast on the mushroom parts that were used. slp/fmrc

#26 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:00 PM

It now appears that I have isolated a growth in several of the projects that all look the same. It also appears that whatever it is, its growing on the new grape juice. Over the next week or two I will take measures to identify what this growth is. It does look similar to the photographs I have seen that show what the growth is suppose to look like. slp/fmrc

#27 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:02 PM

Making the Sacramental Wine
The Gospel of John 16:1
1. I am the true vine and my father is the husbandman.

In Soma: Divine Mushroom of Immortality, Wasson cites reports of Siberian Tribes who fermented Amanita Muscaria with various berry or fruit juices for curing upset stomachs and other medicinal applications along with its use as an intoxicant.

The wines of the ancient Greeks and Romans were also capable of being used medicianlly; Homer in the Iliad, states that undiluted wine was used on battle wounds, (like an antiseptic) something that modern wine is never used for.

The ancient wines of western Eurasia had to be cut with large quantity of water before being drunk; in fact consuming large quantities of undiluted wine ancient wine could cause death. This wine was diluted with large ratios of water; ranging from one part wint with two to fifty parts water added.

These potent wines were produced from very ancient times into the later Roman Era (500AD) where the production seems to cease along with any more mention of these very special wines in the literature of the time, and strictly alcoholic wines seem to be produced from this point on.

Making the Sacred Wine is a simple process that requires only some easily obtained supplies and some commonly available equipment.

First you need low temperature dried Amanita Muscaria mushroom caps that will be used as the inoculant. These dried caps are ground into a coarse powder that is composed of pieces that are 1/16 - 1/32 inch in size or like medium ground pepper. You need to have the inoculant at a proper size that llows it to float on the surface of the juice, if it is ground too fine a lot of it may settle to the bottom eand eb bwasted and if it is ground too big, large pieces may also settle to the bottom.

Next you need glass jars of from 1 quart to 1 gal capacity such as canning jars, mayonnaise jars etc. Personally I prefer the 1 gal wide mouth jars since they hold enough fuild to make a large quantity of this wine. The jars should be cleaned before using with detergent and hot water and rinsed repeatedly to remove all traces of the detergent. Recycled food jars should also be boiled or bleach soaked before using. You also need either lids that fit the jars or covers made of aluminum foil.

You can purcahse pasteurized grape juice in bottles or the frozen concentrate, which must be paseuized before being used. I prefer the forzen concentrate for several reasons, one, it's much cheaper, two I can vary the juice to water ratio of the final mix, three by pasteurizing the juice in the jar that is going to be the growth chamber a more sterile situation is created than simply pouring bottled juice into a jar.

Take the jars you have chosen and fill to the start of the jars shoulder or approximately 3/4 full i.e. a quart jar will hold 3 cups of juice and 1 gal will hold 3 quarts. It is important to leave a suitable air space in the top of the jar and the largest surface area possible on the top of the juice to support the Amanita Muscaria fungus, and that is why the jars are not filled to capacity.

The biggest enemies this culture faces are the yeasts and to a much lesser degree bacteria that can form vinegar. Proper paseurization will kill the yeasts and bacteria that are found in juice made from concentrate or juice from fresh pressed grapes.

To pasteurize the juice in the jars you need a hot water canner with a basket or suitable sized cooking pot and a holed metal plate or stand to hold the jars off of the bottom of the cooking pot, I use the metal stand that came with a pressure cooker.

Place the jars containing the grape juice into your cooking pot making sure the lids are loose and add cool water till the water in the pot is just above the level of the juice in the jars. Place the pot on a stove and heat the water at medium or medium high until the juice in the jars reaches 175 deg F (use a meat or candy thermometer) turn heat down and hold at 175-185 deg F for 30 minutes.

Carefully remove the hot jars from the water bath and place on a folded towel or a thick layer of newspaper to prevent the bottom of the jars fro breaking due to thermal shock. If you are going to pasteurize more jars pout out the hot water from the pot and replace it with cool water as placing cool jars into hot water can also cause breakage from thermal shock.

Once the paseurized jars are cooled to room temperature remove the lid or aluminum foil cover and wipe the jars mouth and neck with a paper towel to remove the condensed water, then inoculate them with approximately 1/2 teaspoon for a quart jar. The inoculant should be sprinkled onto the surface of the juice lightly and slowly and allowed to spread over the whole surface of the juice. Place a coffee filter over the mouth of the jar and secure with a rubber band. Carefully place the jars into their growing area without sloshing the fluid inside.

In 1.5 to 3 days the Amanita Muscaria mycelium should start growing and in a few days will become a thick mat of mycelium floating on the surface of the juice with fine filaments searching about 1 inch into the juice.

In 3 to 4 weeks for the quart sized jars depending on temp and the amount of sugar in the juice the win should be ready. Usually th cap of the mycelium beins to degrade when it runs out of food and willdevelop holes or pull away from the sides of the jar, or become very thing.

When you think it is done pour off the juice through a coffee filter sitting in a strainer and catch it in another jar of suitable capacity. If you wish to keep the wine in long-term storage it should be pasteurized again and sealed while still hot. If the wine is going to be used soon after being made just refrigerate it for up to a week. If theAmanita Muscaria fungus consumed all the sugars and other food in the juice it will keep at room temp for a long time without going bad.

Unlike all the other wines described in this book made from the dried mushrooms or the Grail; this wine contains mostly Ibotenic acid and has an acidic taste; it can be converted into muscimol by heating in an open stainless steel pan at a low simmer for 20 to 30 min before being consumed. This process drivers off the CO2 and creates a sweeter tasting wine that is stronger in potency than the acidic form.

This wine should be diulted with water in the acient ratios of 2-20 parts water for every part wine. The properly diluted wins is actuall far stronger than the undiluted win. Small quantities of the undiluted wine (1 oz) can be consumed medicinally for stomachaches, fevers, colds, or flues and can also be used as an antiseptic on wounds, but it stings like alcohol.

....What do you think? This might just made alcoholic grape juice....
But, yeah you have to heat the juice/ ibotenic acid to near (but below full boiling) point to convert the ibotenic acid to muscimol. That is the only way to remove the carbon atom from the molecule and create your psychoactive agent. Hope this helps. I've never tried this, so give it your best shot and tell us.

#28 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:03 PM

Thanks for the info. I have worked many years with Amanita muscaria, and still do. Just never heard of it growing on grape juice, the mycelium that is. I have worked growing the said mycelium on many grains and PDA agar. Many do not know the mycelium will grow with these media. When I first heard about this, its growing on grape juice, I surely thought it was gibberish. Never heard of anything like it. After looking over a lot of factors, it may just be because no one ever thought about it.
"But, yeah you have to heat the juice/ ibotenic acid to near (but below full boiling) point to convert the ibotenic acid to muscimol. That is the only way to remove the carbon atom from the molecule and create your psychoactive agent".......
Just wanted to mention that sunlight will also reduce Ibotenic Acid to Muscimol. Certain bands of the UV light do this. This is why I have always suggested that machine dried ones collected in shady areas were best for extracting Ibotenic Acid, the most valuable of the two compounds....slp/fmrc

#29 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:04 PM

Here is what I was able to find on the preparation method. It is incomplete, but it is all I could find so far. I will keep looking. Also, I ordered the book a couple of weeks ago and I am still waiting to receive it. I am going to have to follow up with them to get an update.

TDoe says - "If you grow it in pastureized grape juice, the grape juice will contain a significant amount of Ibotenic Acid. Heat the grape juice to 190 degrees farenheit, and you will turn the ibotenic acid to muscimol. Drink it... and well... it's amaxing, fascinating, mystic, incredible."

#30 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:05 PM

I love what I'm seeing! Posted Image

Sorry for my absence. I felt I was at a point where I clearly do not possess the same scientific and mycological knowledge to continue debating.

My motives for promoting the discoveries and techniques pioneered by Don Teeter have always been pure. Through my personal experiences with this Divine sacrament, I have a found miraculous healing qualities with infinite possibilities. Among the most profound (relating to myself) were the spiritual and psychiatric/neurological benefits.

Experiencing the God within this mushroom, allows one to experience God with in himself. Viewing the world through a child's eyes, one can remember his place amongst the cosmos. To see yourself from outside, postulates relativity.

I believe The Sacrament will be a major catalyst in our evolution of consciousness. Not only because it is a powerful entheogen (a plant used to aid in seeking God) that it is immortal and can be grown by everyone, but also because it is evidence that supports what many of us have suspected... the Catholic Church has been lying to us, and controlling the populous for 2,000 years. We will begin to free ourselves from the thought prison created from fear by our egos.

I am thrilled beyond words to see someone from the scientific community had the balls to try it for himself... thank you, Stephen! Posted Image

I believe people will be more interested in what a professional mycologist has to say about the process. Especially one who monitors the whole experiment carried out by himself.

I also belive very strongly that this year is the return of the Christ Consciousness as it states it will be in the Mayan Calendar. So, this is absolutly beautiful to see! Posted Image

Thanks again, Stephen.

-Rawkcuf, a.k.a., T Doe

#31 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:06 PM

This experiment is still in progress. I'll post more updates when available. :)

#32 max

max

canadian

• Banned Member
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 03:33 PM

The mycelium of many mycorizial mushrooms is easy enough to grow, the difficulty is getting them to fruit. But the mycelium of many medicinal species also contain the key medicinal ingredients to some degree, this includes Ps. cubensis. Jeff Chilton, co-author along with Paul Stamets of the bible of mushroom cultivation, 'The Mushroom Cultivator' has a lab nearby where he grows the mycelium of several medicinal species. The mycelium is dried and shipped in bulk to the Orient where it is packaged in capsules and sold to the public.

Good luck with your project, keep us updated! :)

#33 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 03:39 PM

I appreciate the input, captain.

The amanita fruiting delimma is the reason these folks are looking into this phenomenon in the first place. Supposedly the grape juice extracts the amanita goodies, then the myc is removed, and upon heating the juice the ibotenic acid is converted into muscimol.

#34 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:48 PM

>>>>>>>>Archive Material<<<<<<<<

very nice post bro!

:bow:

#35 max

max

canadian

• Banned Member
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:20 PM

Sounds kind of like the Cranberry Extract Tek...must have something to do with citric acid.

#36 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 02:42 AM

I have simply copied and pasted.

#37 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,053 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:11 AM

What has caused me to even bother with this, was something I read the other day. People are growing Psilocybe cubensis Mycelium from spores out on Fly Paper!!??

Sounds like he's been poking around mycotopia, which inspired this whole experiment... ;)

So is this the "psychedelic kombucha"? Very interesting read, thanks for posting it!

Amanita wine would be one helluva tek... resident yeast on the caps begin the fermentation of the grape juice, and the soaking performs a crude extract maybe? Makes for quite a mix, however if it can be transferred and expanded from one jar of grape juice to another then there must be something more than just an extraction going on... fascinating.

:bow: to all the fearless explorers of the future and the past out there... keep it up!

#38 Soliver1

Soliver1

Deranged

• Expired Member
  • 631 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:57 AM

The primary post was interesting until I saw this:

"Now, this has raised a great debate and question about Jesus and Christ. It is obvious to me, that this is how Jesus made The Living Bread, capable of making thousands of loaves of bread. It also makes sense how one could turn water into wine."

Well, there you go. Now that you mention it, this seems obvious to me as well :)

To suggest that the ancient Greeks used this in their "wine" is pure irresponsible speculation at best.... we're relying on texts that also describe blinding a giant Cyclops with a sharpened telephone pole, descending into the underworld in a boat, and more rididulous ideas. It makes for a good story, but once you start treating myth like scientific fact there's no going back.

It may also be important to note that ALL the people doing this stuff are clearly high on Aminita at various points in time, making their "hypothesis" questionable at best.

Thanks for the thread Dial8 - I needed that...

"Now, this has raised a great debate and question about Jesus and Christ.."

Ta ha ha ha ha ha... yep, it's right here on the cover of TIME :)

soliver

#39 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,053 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:18 AM

The primary post was interesting until I saw this:

"Now, this has raised a great debate and question about Jesus and Christ. It is obvious to me, that this is how Jesus made The Living Bread, capable of making thousands of loaves of bread. It also makes sense how one could turn water into wine."

Well, there you go. Now that you mention it, this seems obvious to me as well :)

Yeah, I stumbled over that part too, but I tried to pretend it wasn't there and just read the procedural stuff. However, it was there, so I dunno...

we're relying on texts that also describe blinding a giant Cyclops with a sharpened telephone pole, descending into the underworld in a boat

That's just some tough guy who got in a fight bragging about it, pumping it up like a fishing story, back when people believed in giant cyclopsii (plural of cyclops?). "Yeah, you shoulda seen him! Tall as the ceiling, with one huge eye, thank Zeus there was a tree nearby I could rip out and stab him with!" ("Ooooh, Odysseus, tell me more you stud!").

And I can easily take you to some places where you can descend into the underworld in a boat. You'll have to arrange your own shuttle, though, as I'm not coming along. It's just that we call those spots caves now... (and people who actually paddle underground rivers in boats rarely come back, I'd guess!).

#40 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:35 AM

YEah, sol. I saw those weird parts too. I just over look the far fetched things. I still think that there is something worthwhile and very interesting about it all, but yeah the filler can get out there a bit.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!