• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MNL

MNL

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 05:33 AM

I discoved a dutch language shroom board/site: http://smart.messageboard.nl/forum/

It has helped me find substitutions/sources for materials that are difficult to obtain here (no such thing as a Wal-Mart in NL, which is a good).

I will try to post a few translations of interesting things that we might not have discussed here.

#2 Karphophorez

Karphophorez

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 07:47 AM

I hear you MNL- no such think as Wal-Mart in the UK, either. Although I've never really had problems finding the things needed to grow shrooms...... apart from canning jars- the US must be so much more obsessive about makng their own jam than us in Europe.........
Following one of your other recent posts- I'm now starting to use polypropylene/PP/Recycle 5 plastic cups as substrate vessels instead of 1/2 pint canning jars. SO cheap and so easy to get hold of.
Lots of supermarkets in the UK that sell fresh pasta sauces and soups, are also beginning to use PP containers marking an amazing similarity to those 'pro' plastic filterjars you can get with the bio-filter. All you need to do is customize the lid slightly with an improvised filter, and shebbang!! They dont melt in the PC either.
Those that want the real McCoy though, check out www.travellersgarden.com The filterjars cost between EUR 1.00 - 1.50 and come in 325-1000 ml capacity. They're based in the Netherlands.....
One other thing MNL- how are things regarding the shroom laws in NL? I heard they were toughening up like they are here in the UK. It hasn't happened yet, but some people seem to be pushing to get psilocybin/psilocin containing shrooms banned. Banning fungi, whatever next?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!