• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 candykid420

candykid420

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 424 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:21 PM

So I'm gonna make a couple half-pint jars and use some Stella instead of water.

I've heard of this being discussed before, but a quick search didn't turn up any results.

Any thoughts? This should be fun....Stella Shrooms

#2 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• OG VIP
  • 12,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:34 PM

I used beer in my agar but never in my jars. I always wanted to try a beer lc also. Just a matter of getting the nutes just right.

I wonder how a beer soak for grains would do too?????

If you do try it, I'm excited to see the results. I never had any trouble using it in my agar.

#3 visualosophy

visualosophy

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:48 PM

Right now I have I have 9 -1/2 pints and 1 pint in the incubator (regular ice chest). Instead of plain tap i mixed 1/2 C. of Budweiser and 1/2 C. water boiled it down to 4.6 oz and mixed it with my substrate. well soon see what happens.
Before this I boiled striaght samuel adams boston lager, maybe i was too impatient because after two weeks of nothing I tossed em'

#4 aumbrellaforainydays

aumbrellaforainydays

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:41 PM

does better beer equal higher quality shrooms? is darker? wheats? stouts? porters? ales? so many different kinds

#5 Bobcat

Bobcat

Selah!

• Expired Member
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:10 PM

Beer, eh? Interesting. One could ponder that beer in agar would be okay cause you pour the agar and would release the alky fumes... Would the same hold true for substrates/spawn? Just a thought. From someone who doesn't know squat on the subject.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!