37 replies to this topic

#21 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:17 PM

When I get it I want you to try it, Faht.

can't turn that down. :) let me know!

fahtster

#22 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:37 AM

ok, well heres the last installation of pics i'm going to do of this bin. Love this strain; they're so fat and meaty. not sure when i'll be doing these again. I may do them again with medium grade verm in the cake recipe and see what that does. i think the results will be more uniform and abundant if these cakes have anything to input on the matter... [missing pics] both those bins' cakes were made with medium grade verm. and both their counterpart bins (cakes made with fine grade verm but with the same isolate) had a little less uniform pinning and less abundant fruits, so we'll see, maybe i'll redo all the strains i've done with medium grade verm. i did make these next two bins coming up (Koh Samui and Treasure Coast) with medium grade verm so i'm expecting better results from them :) heres todays pics....

hb.jpg

hb2.jpg

:) fahtster

Edited by Sidestreet, 25 January 2018 - 05:54 AM.

#23 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:44 AM

medium grade is all i've ever used in cakes

#24 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:53 AM

something else that would have been nice to know years ago. LOL

fahtster

#25 Hillbilly

Hillbilly

redneck

• Expired Member
  • 772 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:37 AM

I agree, the medium grade is just about the perfect texture and size for cakes. And those tubs look great, Faht, some of the best examples of my Hillbilly strain I've seen here yet. :bow:

#26 karmadiver

karmadiver

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:48 PM

Looks great Faht, gotta love the HB strain, always been one of my foafs best performing.

KD

#27 sandoze

sandoze

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:26 AM

dude i am breaking the hillbilly print out right NOW!!! i cant wait to see what they will look like on straw/poo . there gonna get hugh from the looks of your cakes they should blow the tops off the greenhouse's .nice fhatman :bow: the cakemaster strikes again .
later sandoze

#28 Hillbilly

Hillbilly

redneck

• Expired Member
  • 772 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:28 AM

Good luck, they do love the poo!

#29 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:02 PM

ok, heres the second flush of these cakes coming in... not as dramatic as the GT's i recently did but I got a lot more dry weight off this bin on the first flush than with those GT's. actually kind of bummed at the moment... I think i just found out that the medium grade verm that i use has trich spores added to it. I'm starting to see spots of trich starting on the cakes at points where single kernels of the verm is attached. I microwaved the verm before casing but I think just delayed the inevitable... it's fine for these cake bins 'cause they are done just as the trich is starting to get a foot hold but I have 18 qts of rye that i used the medium grade verm to rez and case :( !!!! so i may have fucked myself over. hopefully i can get at least one mushroom from the three bins so that i don't lose my Tex isolate that i have (stupidly tossed all my other tex faht jars when i moved /me kicks himself square in the face. not that it's the end of the world or anything but just bums me right the f' out. oh well. argh.

hb.jpg

fahtster

Edited by Sidestreet, 25 January 2018 - 05:54 AM.

#30 madkapper

madkapper

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:40 PM

Those are some real monsters for cakes faht. A FOAF has been experimenting with the hillbillys as well, they were grown with a mix of castings, vermiculite, and coir with most of the fruits weighing in around 30 - 40 grams wet. My foaf was wondering if anyone knows if the Hillbilly strain is a mystery strain that was discovered or if it is a cross of 2 other strains, any help would be greatly appreciated. PEACE:)

#31 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:49 PM

thanks. :) i think HB will chime in here but from what i know, this strain was acquired by HB and associate in a field somewhere down south??? at least thats what i get from the name of the strain. alabama or somewhere. lol the strain was then domesticated for distribution. but yeah, HB, some history would be neat. i'm sure it's posted somewhere here, but i'm too lazy to do the search :)

fahtster

#32 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:53 PM

it's from arkansas,
i forget what town he said it was found near,
but i do remember it was the southeast corner of the state

#33 madkapper

madkapper

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:13 PM

Thanks hip for the info no matter where they came from they are a incredible strain to study:headbang:!

#34 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:47 PM

ok, heres the bin today. :) lovely strain once again HB! I'm actually going to be doing a medium grade verm HB cake tub here in a few weeks of the same isolate to see what the difference is going to be... I think it's going to be dramatic. I'm sort of expecting the flushes to be more even and abundant. from what i've been think, medium is better 'cause it promotes more ropey rhizos compared to fine verm due to the larger gaps between substrate kernels. this also allows for better water circulation throughout the cake. the bins will be done the same way and i'll be using this threads' bin as the fine cake example... that way, if there is a significant difference between which grade is better, it can become more common knowledge. ;) heres the pics...

hb.jpg

hb2.jpg

fahtster

Edited by Sidestreet, 25 January 2018 - 05:55 AM.

#35 troutlips

troutlips

VIP Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:55 PM

Nice grow Faht (as usual)!
I've been diggin' the HB myself lately. ;)

#36 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:25 AM

okie dokie, heres the last pic before i picked it. :) did better than i thought it would actually. figured out i had a dirty camera lens lol.. no wonder they were all coming out blurry as hell. but yeah, can't wait to do more of this strain. nice and potent too. ;)

hb.jpg

fahtster

Edited by Sidestreet, 25 January 2018 - 05:55 AM.

#37 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:57 AM

Beautiful work, man. Really, really nice cakes there!

That Hillbilly strain is a giver, there is no doubt.

#38 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 09:13 PM

Very very nice HB's Faht! I too really like this strain.

I have always loved your cake setup and grows! Amazing!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!