Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Preferred amout of pot to smoke on a heavy and/or redosed trip?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: How much do you smoke on a heavy(5g+)/redosed trip?

How much do you smoke on a heavy(5g+)/redosed trip?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 morthos

morthos

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 12:38 AM

Good evening!

I'm curious as to people's tendencies regarding quantities of pot smoked during a heavy trip and, for those that have done it, for a redosed extended trip.

I am planning to go for a heavy one and likely redose 1/2~2/3 through the trip, and do not want to feel groggy after a few hours when the pot high wears off. I notice that on a normal smoking day, if I were to smoke mid afternoon I feel dulled a few hours later when the effect has worn off. This can feel like a bit of a sedative as well. I would prefer to avoid these effects if I'm to be tripping for around 12 hours.

When tripping alone I usually wouldn't go through more than a pipeload or two, but I will have a freshly constructed bong handy that delivers quite a kick. I am now wondering if I should preload it for the trip for use during. I have always found that it helps the trip engage and helps the visuals some, but I'm thinking this through...

What is your experience? Does smoking much subtract from the experience for you or add?

#2 LotRev

LotRev

Technopagan

• Expired Member
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 12:47 AM

On the heavier trips I find myself not going to the bowl much. I guess I just don't think about it much at that time. On lesser trips, smoke is very regular though.

#3 cheshire

cheshire

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 639 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:25 AM

never had while on a trip.. wats it like? read sumwhere it can diminish effects or summin like that if smokeded before, bs?

#4 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:52 AM

usually bring along a joint, just in case.
have never noticed diminished effects.

one time i chewed it up and ate it,
because it looked like a dried stem at the time,
woke up higher than ever.

two things i have noticed though-

• rolling a joint during a trip could become quite a task :special:

• i never seem to see much smoke come out after exhaling :eusa_thin :smokin:

#5 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:28 AM

never had while on a trip.. wats it like? read sumwhere it can diminish effects or summin like that if smokeded before, bs?

yes, BS.

#6 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:36 PM

Some high quality ganja seems to increase my body high and put the trip into even more of a dreamlike trance. I won't trip out unless I have an eighth or so to smoke because I really really enjoy smoking 2 or 3 bowls coming down.

#7 manjotar

manjotar

Disciple of Boognish

• Expired Member
  • 451 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:02 PM

i almost always smoke when dosing,
synergy is amazing!

#8 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:21 AM

Smoking Herb On phungi for me is a big plus!!!
It adds to the experience, makes it all a bit more comortable, intensifies mi visuals a bit as well. It also treally helps Ive found, if I smoke it about 45 minutes after eating them..sometimes they come on really quick, and other times very slowly, when I smoke during these times, right after Im done smoking I start feeling the magik. And them smoke if my belly starts bothering me, or I just feel a lil unbalanced.

#9 cheshire

cheshire

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 639 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:13 PM

doesnt any1 else feel that if u smoke during the trip that no real noticable effects occur
but smoking towards the end of the trip on the come down shoots u up into the sky
and actually way and beyond..

weed + mushies at the end mixed is a whole nother world imo

edit: lol this is old :) as for a quote of mine up there i read that on erowid, and i think smoking a bowl before dosing makes it less enjoyable as its like waking early in the morning when u dont wanna wake up.. but my opinion

#10 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:18 AM

i dont really smoke joints. personally i think they are a waste... prefer the glass any day!

#11 JR4

JR4

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 257 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:22 AM

Can smoke it i will smoke it.... I mean if my fingers will still light the lighter we be smoken...

#12 whatchamacallit

whatchamacallit

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:17 AM

Usually on high doses, SWIM may smoke on the come up, but usually waits til he is well into the trip or beginning to come down to smoke. As for how much, it's hard to say, because it depends on how much weed he has. He likes to stay stoned until he can fall asleep.

#13 Guest_Boboso_*

Guest_Boboso_*

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:12 PM

Don't know why, but anytime I've tripped, I've been able to take the largest hits off the green without choking or even feeling much of a difference. At the same time, I've always felt like smoking prior to the trip, the trip comes softer and less noticeable.

I also chain smoke the shit out of tobacco trippin. Kinda reminds me of my tweeker days...

Anytime I've done anything "harder" that the green, in general, the green doesn't seem to have the same effect on me.

I miss the days of getting stoned all day off a joint...

#14 Guest_Boboso_*

Guest_Boboso_*

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:19 PM

Smoking Herb On phungi for me is a big plus!!!
It adds to the experience, makes it all a bit more comortable, intensifies mi visuals a bit as well. It also treally helps Ive found, if I smoke it about 45 minutes after eating them..sometimes they come on really quick, and other times very slowly, when I smoke during these times, right after Im done smoking I start feeling the magik. And them smoke if my belly starts bothering me, or I just feel a lil unbalanced.

Could be speeding your trip up cause you're changing your heart rate. People like to claim that "coughing gets you higher" but in all actuality, it doesn't. It does however, get you high faster. All the muscles that tense up and relax during that coughing need more oxygen, so you obviously breath heavier during the cough, increasing heart rate. All this pumps the THC through your body faster.

As your digestive system is breaking down the boomers, they are getting into the blood stream, and the heavy breathing helps move that through to your brain faster.

I have no physical proof, but based on the way the body works, I feel this is a solid theory until someone proves me wrong...

#15 Darkness2181

Darkness2181

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:00 AM

One joint Terence Mckenna style.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!