#21 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 March 2007 - 12:54 AM

I thought i'd do an update on my grain 2 grain transfer progress. The whole impitus for doing the G2G in the first place beyond the fact that I have always wanted to wanted to preserve some strains that I had bought and had sat in syringes for more than 6 months.
As I stated above I did all my transfers in my glovebox. First I wiped the entire box & glass with alcohol soaked rag, then loaded with jars. The jars had tinfoil lids. I sprayed a light bleach water into the GB and waited. Then I donned the gloves and opened each jar , used a sterile spoon to scoop two teaspoons of fully colonized grain into each recipient jar and closed their lid. When I was done I marked each jar with date and strain.
Here's some more pictures of what happens after you shake 30 % colonized jars of popcorn and wheat and then wait 3 days. One is a picture of the large jar spiked with with a fully colonized grain cake & 50/50 goat poo / straw with a bit of verm .There is also a pic of how a syringe-injected jar looks after one week and a pic of a 4 day old tub opened for the purposes of the picture. The last pic is the homemade spawn bag I made out of foodsaver bags mxed with 50 /50 goat poo / straw & a PF cake of B+ mixed in with it.
thanks
H

Attached Thumbnails

• tub1.jpg
  • bigbagclose.jpg
  • syringenew.jpg
  • bigjar.jpg
  • g2gpintwheat.JPG
  • popcornjar1.jpg
  • topjar.jpg

#22 Sunstar

Sunstar

Gazer of the innerself

• Expired Member
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 02:45 PM

Is it possable to do G2G neverending. like A innoculates B and B does C so forth forever?I read you can only do it a few times then you need to restart from spore or agar.

#23 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:05 PM

I know what you mean. I was concerned that after a few the spent kernals from your orginal G2G might go funky. I am currently using a regime like this:

1. Innoculate from syringe PC'd popcorn or rye
2. Wait until 30 % colonized
3. Shake,roll jar to redistribute kernals
4. Let it colonize 100 % then shake, roll, hit on palm
5. Let recover for 24 hours
6. Inside glovebox which has just been cleaned and sprayed carefully open each jar and using a sterile spoon put your desired amount of colonized grain into each recieving 1/2 pint jar of grain.
7. Repeat from step 2 on again
8. When the 1/2 pint jar is fully colonized i'm transferring that into pint jars with some colonized grain.

From there I plan to use the pint of fully colonized grain for projects. I'm ending up with plenty enough spawn material when several of the pint jars colonize, and then I just start over with step one.

Take into account that i'm a well read newbie and am really talking through my hemp hat. I'm just sharing what i've learned and am putting into practice.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!