• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 spellbinder_7

spellbinder_7

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:19 AM

ok I was going to order 3 Spore syringes from the sponsor sporelab and i was wondering how many cc's usually come in the order, and how many half pint jars will they inculate? and if they dont do many, what are some ways that i can improve production? because if i dont get alot of spores for a large amount i was going to try to inculate some more with the infected substrate that i already had, oh yea its my first time so im hoping for a big turn out.

#2 Guest_Stroph_*

Guest_Stroph_*

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:53 AM

I haven't ordered from there yet so I don't know if they are 10cc or 12cc. If you figure 1cc per jar, you're looking at either 30 or 36 half pint jars.

#3 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:13 AM

10-12 cc per syringe i believe. can do 24 jars easy per syringe if u go lite on the spores when innoculating.

#4 HipsterDoofus

HipsterDoofus

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:17 AM

If swiy is not in a hurry to colonize jars, a few drops per innoculation point is enough (4 innoculation points per jar). This way swim gets about 36 jars per syringe.

spellbinder_7 is correct that the standard innoculation is 1cc per jar.

#5 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:26 AM

You can always look into LC's..that can make you spores go a long way as well as speed up colonization times. look in the Vaults under LC..there are may different TeKS

#6 spellbinder_7

spellbinder_7

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:26 PM

ok well thanks this helps out alot, looking forward to growing,

#7 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:28 AM

just asking for failed/empty sectors trying to do 24-36 jars with one syringe, --:thumbdown:
each jar should get at least 1 cc
which means 1 syringe per dozen jars max.

#8 spellbinder_7

spellbinder_7

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:35 AM

ok thanks hippie, im going to use your tek and the south american strain, so any more suggestions would be nice

#9 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:14 AM

sa's a great strain

#10 RedOctober

RedOctober

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 355 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:59 PM

I agree with oibchip, liquid culture is most definitely the way to go. Your syringes will last forever. I've been using the same two syringes for like 2 years now and I can still squeeze some more juice out of em. All you need is .5cc - 1cc at a time and you could do hundreds of jars from that liquid culture if you are really judicious with it. If you are new to this hobby and are not sure about LC, I'd still recommend setting aside a few cc's just to try it out. Once you perfect it you will be sooooo happy you did. There's a ton of great teks in the vaults, I am partial to karo and nutritional yeast myself but there are many good easy approaches. Good Luck to you spellbinder!

#11 pubensis

pubensis

Phallic Mushroom rep.

• Expired Member
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:27 PM

You could also just make prints and then use them, as soon as you get your first flush, you could have enough spores for hundreds of jars. Just another way to keep the spore supply going forever for the price of tin foil:pirate:

#12 cherkropper

cherkropper

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:00 PM

You could also just make prints and then use them, as soon as you get your first flush, you could have enough spores for hundreds of jars. Just another way to keep the spore supply going forever for the price of tin foil:pirate:

Prints are soooo easy if you have the patience to wait for some big caps to open wide. One large print can make a dark syringe that gives a strong innoculation solution that colonizes fast.

#13 Guest_SnakeEyes_*

Guest_SnakeEyes_*

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:37 AM

Call me wastefull but IMO, I use a generous ammount of spore solution, 2cc at least.

#14 dinosaur

dinosaur

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:58 PM

I get my spores from captainMax and there are 12 cc's per sryg.
and there good I get quick col. jars and i use pint jars i do 14-16 jars
and get nice yields, also my 2qt. jar rye jar yield good from L.C:greenboun :teeth:

#15 max

max

canadian

• Banned Member
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:08 PM

Actually, we use the 10cc syringes but fill them past full so they are closer to 11. Trying to do say, 20 jars with one syringe could result in thinning the solution too much and end up with more failure than success. I usually suggest doing 8 - 10 jars for optimum success. Once you get your first flush, taking prints and reusing the syringe is easy and your set for life!

#16 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:21 PM

I've had a problem with Captain Max service....

Too fast !!!:rasta:

Be ready to hobbytize cause they'll be coming prpmptly.

thanks Max

oh yah and I had Max dispensres that lasted from last August until today and are still very viable, here's a pic for proof of life in captains 7 month "syringes"

http://mycotopia.net...97&d=1174285761

#17 spellbinder_7

spellbinder_7

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:36 PM

well thanks for all the information, i think i will try a liquid culture, but how long would one of those last, i was going to try karo. oh and what temperature would i need to store my LC at?

#18 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:58 PM

Store LCs in the fridge.

#19 max

max

canadian

• Banned Member
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:45 AM

I've had a problem with Captain Max service....

Too fast !!!:rasta:

I'll try to slow down a bit...;)

#20 spellbinder_7

spellbinder_7

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:39 PM

no please dont slow down lol, i just sent the money order in today, i had a bit of a hard time finding an international one.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!