• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 cheshire

cheshire

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 639 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 04:25 PM

im actually having a problem with getting photos on my computer but luckily here is the exact same one in white that i found on google images :pirate:

hyd08_200_p1.jpg

not bad eh

#42 cheshire

cheshire

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 639 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:24 AM

yay, leveled off at 75% after being in there for a while, perfect readin :)

#43 boots420

boots420

We Get Lifted

• Expired Member
  • 579 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:00 AM

as for leaving the hygrometer in the fc. i have found that the inexpensive digital ones are not made to handle being in such a high rh environment. wires start to corrode, the pcb get water logged and the the gauge craps out. if you wanna leave it in there either get a digital one made to handle the high rh....(expensive) or get a good analog one from a cigar shop.....(cheap).

#44 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:29 AM

i would not leave it in the chamber for extended times,
everyone i tried that with
crapped out fast.
better just to check regularly
then once you get it zero'd in
you won't need to as much.

#45 hungryhippo

hungryhippo

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:47 AM

I went to the only 2 cigar shops in town trying to find a polytherm hygrometer like Hippie3 suggests, but they dont even have anything close. The only hygrometer they have with a needle is NON-adjustable cheap $5 model that when I exhaled my breath into in the needle didnt budge. I dont remember the brand but they had 2 types of digital hygrometers that "claim to be within 1% accurate." One was $30 and the other was $40. Will this work, or would I be best looking for the other type? Does anybody have a link they can post up to a good reliable hygrometer I can get? Or maybe ebay or something.... Or will the digital work?

#46 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,294 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:53 AM

Those will probably work. Some digis will only read "high" when the rH is above 90% so thats really no good. Make sure these dont do that.

#47 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:18 AM

I've bought a few analog ones from these guys and they were ok and the shipping was incredibly fast. I now get the analogs at Lowes for 4-5 dollars. It's an Accurite thermo/hygro combo that works ok and holds the correct rh after it has been calibrated.

Everyone is raving about this digital model. Cigar guys are really anal about hygrometers as you may know. The reviews for this model are great, so i'd be inclined to purchase it. I prolly will when I need a new hygro.

Digital Hygrometer Thermometer - CUBANCRAFTERS

#48 solentblu

solentblu

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:39 PM

most of the cheap digitals work ok but dont leave them in extreme humidity for too long.more than a few hours.they are not sealed to well and short out.at leased thats been my experience.

#49 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:24 PM

I bought the most expensive cheapie at Lowes, probably around $30. When I'm at 100% humidity, it will register 98% RH. IMO, this is fine for our purposes, especially for cakes. Regardless of its accuracy in reporting the actual percentage of relative humidity, it makes an excellent gauge of changes in humidity. So if your cheapie hygro all of a sudden drops low or shoots higher, you know there's something amiss that you need to look into.

#50 hungryhippo

hungryhippo

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:00 PM

I bought the most expensive cheapie at Lowes, probably around $30. When I'm at 100% humidity, it will register 98% RH. IMO, this is fine for our purposes, especially for cakes. Regardless of its accuracy in reporting the actual percentage of relative humidity, it makes an excellent gauge of changes in humidity. So if your cheapie hygro all of a sudden drops low or shoots higher, you know there's something amiss that you need to look into.

Do you happen to remember the brand? If not I can just look for the digital around $30. thanks

#51 AmBe

AmBe

ubuntu

• Expired Member
  • 809 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:05 PM

i bought this one a few weeks ago and have no complaints, although i'm using it for a garden and not mushies

Cheap Hydroponics - Discount Hydroponic Supplies, Grow Lights, Hydroponic Fertilizers, and much more - Sunleaves Hygro-Thermometer (Powered by CubeCart)

#52 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:11 PM

I bought 5 of these on ebay for $48.00 including shipping awhile back..they work great for me.

Springfield Instruments 91551 Digital Humidity and Temperature Monitor

#53 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:35 PM

Do you happen to remember the brand? If not I can just look for the digital around $30. thanks

It was Oregon Scientific.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!