okay, I just made this bin so i'm going to be doin a grow log for it since it is my first attempt at any major bulk grow; and even thats half true but thats a long boring story. lol The bulk sub is Hpoo/Straw spawned with rye and the strain is PE (thanks vinz). I'm having a hell of a time getting straight rye to fruit well atm, so hopefully this will turn out. This is about 10 lbs of Hpoo/straw to 6 qts spawn. there was a little left over that I put into ziplocks with a filter patch to see if I can get that to grow. I split the tub into five sections as you can see to hopefully pull a better overall pinset since I believe smaller skinny subs are more efficient (thats not back by any hard data other my own experience and from what I've seen from others.) The sub is about 3.5 - 4 inches deep and right now, there is foil over the sections with some holes poked in it. then the tub is covered by a press and seal lid that also has some holes poked in it. After this colonizes, I'm going to put a casing on and another tub exactly like the one it is sitting in on top... so it's going to be a sort of mono-double tub... the "oxymoron" tub as I now call it. lol :) any pointers that anyone can give me are more than welcome.. wish me luck! :thumbup: I'll be keeping this updated.
Edited by Sidestreet, 08 October 2016 - 09:28 AM.