Faht does bulk
Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:41 AM
Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:07 AM
Edited by Sidestreet, 08 October 2016 - 09:28 AM.
Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:09 AM
how about leaving one tub uncased to see what happens? haha
Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:22 AM
Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:13 AM
*dagoon hides his shame*
Posted 28 March 2007 - 06:00 PM
I'd say it looks ready to case. Since its sectioned like that you should be able to try all the different ways you want to case or no case :)
Should be a week or so till pins :thumbup:
Posted 28 March 2007 - 06:50 PM
Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:26 PM
Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:34 PM
The tyvek holes allow for good filtered air exchange in this set up.
Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:26 PM
*me puts a towel over lap*
lol. Those look sexy, can't wait to see the fruits. great looking bulk there.:bow:
Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:42 PM
I decided to go ahead and use a pasteurized 70/30 verm/coir mix for the casing that i'll be using.
Thats my favorite casing mix right there. :rasta:
have fun bro
Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:11 AM
you guys/gals are too much. :) I know what you are saying, doinitagain... those exhaust holes, while still slightly effective due to a small gap between the bin and the plastic lining, are just there 'cause I wanted to use the tubs I already had. the real exhaust are in this top bin and the tiny gap between the two bins about two inches above the substrate... the second pic shows this.
ok, this is how I cased them... the first three sections left to right are the 70/30 verm/coir mix.. the fourth one is the bi-layer and thats just a 1/4 inch of straight coir layed out evenly with a 1/4 inch of straight verm on top of that and of course that last section isn't cased at all. it's been a long time since I did any kind of pinning dance. :) lets hope i'm doing a freakin waltz eh? lol the second pic is just the bin all put together. thanks yall.
The sections were made by simply putting one end of a trash liner (unexpanded, but unfolded) in one end of the bin and putting the amount of sub for one section on that.... then pinched the bag up against that section making a wall and adding another section... it took two bags to do this; trimming the excess after bin was filled with sub and five sections were made. :)
Edited by Sidestreet, 08 October 2016 - 09:29 AM.
Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:37 AM
Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:05 PM
Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:03 PM
I only add lime to give it a little extra room against contams, but ill let the mycogods say the last word.
BTW, congrats on that beautiful looking tub there, man.