18 replies to this topic

#1 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,017 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2007 - 04:59 PM

Well I find myself in the kitchen again... :rasta: This time making some of Buckaroo's Kind Granola. We stopped at the HEB and bought some organics, except I used this dark brown sugar instead of the dark maple syrup, it was a misunderstanding in my mind. Everything else pretty much sticks to the ingredient list, I'm using Cherry Vanilla granola. (I also bought Blueberry for the next round.)
http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1174860648
Well my krispies failed, and I have this butter left over, I used it on toast but didn't work for me, so what I did was measured out 1 stick of butter (called for in the Kind Granola) and measured out how much of the green butter I had left and used all of it and the rest with regular butter. This green butter should have at LEAST a couple grams in it... (originally the whole thing was 8 grams and lots of trim)
8 grams of the Rhino, later before mixing with the butter I freaked and added another 1 gram to the pot. I used a coffee grinder to get it extra fine.
MMM smells good. *Watch the green drop!*
Here it is before I pop it in the freezer to harden a little. The cherry vanilla granola had dried cherries in it, so before we left the store I grabbed some extra dried cherries and diced them up fine and added to the mix.
Here's my roll. I squeezed it with my hands tight, I could get it tighter that way than by rolling it on the counter.
A sprinkle of light brown/dark brown sugar over the candies, and here they are! Thanks for the recipe! I just ate one earlier and I think it's starting to take effect. I threw my back out on friday, I'm hoping this helps!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0754.jpg
  • IMG_0752.jpg
  • IMG_0749.jpg
  • IMG_0751.jpg
  • IMG_0745.jpg
  • IMG_0746.jpg
  • IMG_0742.jpg

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 05:31 PM

yum, how many pieces for a 'dose'?

#3 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,017 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 March 2007 - 05:36 PM

Not sure... yet. Its supposed to make 8 coins that you cut in half, using 8 grams of bud. I used 9 grams of bud, and some already tainted butter... I ate half of one about an hour ago, will wait maybe another hour or two and eat another piece.

#4 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:01 PM

Looks like a tasty treat...enjoy...!

#5 Sunstar

Sunstar

Gazer of the innerself

• Expired Member
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:31 PM

Ya looks like a good munchie, or maybe it looks like it gives good munchies. Good receipe.... you'll have to let us know how GOOD it was:rasta:

#6 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:58 PM

LOVE IT..

#7 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 March 2007 - 10:19 AM

Not sure... yet. Its supposed to make 8 coins that you cut in half, using 8 grams of bud. I used 9 grams of bud, and some already tainted butter... I ate half of one about an hour ago, will wait maybe another hour or two and eat another piece.

And that's the last we heard from Suckerfree...

:lol:

#8 chronic_zhen

chronic_zhen

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:48 PM

Those look pretty yummy :D

lol at TV, hope it makes it back! haha

:rasta:

#9 Cheebabear

Cheebabear

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:24 PM

And that's the last we heard from Suckerfree...

:lol:

:lol: :lol: You may be right! It's been a couple days.

Hope he's :space: and not :puke: .

#10 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,017 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:33 PM

haha I work lots of hours my time is always limited. I was already smoking when I ate one, and then I ate another 2 hours later, and another 2 hours after that... but since I was already smoking it's unfair to judge them... ( i couldn't help eating some though they looked great)
once i did feel like i was lifting off the couch

tomorrow (wednesday) is my day off, so i'll wake up and NOT smoke, and I'll eat two pieces (a whole coin) and see where I land...

#11 Mermaidia

Mermaidia

Sober Sister

• Expired Member
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:37 PM

CM made them also, suckerfree. And to be totally honest i am not a toker. However I loved the treats... Sounds like we may have to do some cooking this weekend. Thanks for the reminder! ;)

#12 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,017 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:46 PM

how many half or whole coins do you like to eat? (using the 8 gram recipe)

#13 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:49 PM

1 and 1/2 for me and for Merm 1/2

but I think that 1 whole one would have done her a bit better. ;)

#14 Mermaidia

Mermaidia

Sober Sister

• Expired Member
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:55 PM

I like to err on the side of caution so i always take half of the recommended dose. But next time i will try one whole coin.
I was thinking about adding some nuts and dried fruit to it. Spice it up a little. What do ya think?

#15 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,017 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:35 PM

"I was thinking about adding some nuts and dried fruit to it. Spice it up a little. What do ya think?"

Well i'm not down with nuts unless it's peanut butter, fruits I like...
I bought the cherry vanilla granola, and also bought extra dried cherries... i just sliced them up smaller and added them to the mix.

I also bought blueberry granola and dried blueberries for future batches

#16 Cheebabear

Cheebabear

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:18 AM

So they worked suckerfree? I know you were smoking at the time anyway, but did you feel anything that you for sure can contribute to the coins? I was going to make brownies, but this looks so good that I think I have to try it. I'm always afraid of cooking up something and it not working, like you mentioned with the failed cannabutter. That's a lot a weed to part with should it not turn out.

But, from your other posts, I see that you can spare some weed for cooking. :lol: :thumbup:

#17 Mermaidia

Mermaidia

Sober Sister

• Expired Member
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:13 PM

"I was thinking about adding some nuts and dried fruit to it. Spice it up a little. What do ya think?"

Well i'm not down with nuts unless it's peanut butter, fruits I like...
I bought the cherry vanilla granola, and also bought extra dried cherries... i just sliced them up smaller and added them to the mix.

I also bought blueberry granola and dried blueberries for future batches

Good to know. How did it taste?

#18 Invalid Comfort

Invalid Comfort

Brother Pinja

• Expired Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:31 PM

Hah, I'm axious to know how the coins worked on a smoke-free day.

*pulls up a chair and patiently waits for Suckerfree to land*

hah. I might be making this reciepe earleir than i thunk.

#19 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,017 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:34 AM

I ate half a coin and then an hour and a half later i ate another half coin.
i mowed the yard and had a mild high... i think maybe i have a high tolerance so next time i will eat a whole coin and maybe 45 min eat another half and see how that does...
sunday i am giving my uncle a whole coin, he can eat half and then an hour or so later eat the other half... he doesn't smoke at all anymore... it's been 10-15 years since he last puffed... but he says he'll try the coins out.

keep ya posted.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!