Fisana

- - - - -

Pop_bottle and why

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_magic_*

Guest_magic_*

Posted 13 February 2005 - 04:45 AM

Why I call myself Pop_bottle... I named myself this as to the method Ive developed with the ghelp of info from Chronics 1 Litre Jar Tek...... I use 2 x 2-Litre Pop_bottles istead.
The how is.... get 2 2-Litre pop_bottles while keeping the caps........... cut the bottoms off of each of the 2 bottles at the lower crease usually found at the bottom of the label....... trip off the lip so as to make it a clean cylindrical shape or bowl shape.......... take one of the bottoms and trim it to an even shallower depth of the afore mentioned bowl shape and place it in an inverted position inside the larger trimmed bottle bottom...... it should fit real nice and still have circulation entry to the lowerbottle bottom.......... a few dabs of silicone at the 4 or 5 points around the perimiter of the inverted bottle bottom will hold it in place............ Now just drill a hole in each of the indented areas between the bumps on the outer bottom surface of the outer bottle bottom for CO2 to exit from as well as to be able to simply dunk the bottle in water and allow water to fill the bumps or dimples of the bottom bottle......... Take a PF cake just as with Chronics and set it on top ot the inner inverted bottle bottom....... take the remaining cylinder of the bottle (you have 2 now) with the cap on and insert it into the lower bottle bottom and tape it with scotch tape or other. You should have what looks like a little bit shorter Pop_bottle with a PF cake raised up a couple inches from the bottom of the bottle by the inserted inverted smaller bottom....... Here is the Pic I hope it looks valid... I have been experimenting a bit with a lot of different TEKs and this idea of mine seems promising as I had one PF cake that expired and after soaking it I got one Big ole Fruit outta it... wish me luck and Ill try to keep youz all posted with better pics. Any suggestions or opinions will be appreciated.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Guest_ªb·sinth_*

Guest_ªb·sinth_*

Posted 13 February 2005 - 06:48 AM

welcome to 'topia!

#3 Guest_taoist_*

Guest_taoist_*

Posted 13 February 2005 - 11:12 AM

Far out - I've got a friend I want to get on here we could call "Pretzel Jug."

#4 insight

insight

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 824 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 11:16 AM

Welcome!

#5 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 13 February 2005 - 11:22 AM

hola
cool, i've seen quite similar designs here before.
i can't see well,
did you add some verm. to case your cake ?

#6 Guest_magic_*

Guest_magic_*

Posted 13 February 2005 - 12:24 PM

No casing at all, Just straight PF TEK BRF Verm n H2O formula..... Hava not a very good camera and the Inside of the Bottle Terarium is condensated. I do a small littl dip of each Bottle Terarium every couple days...... loosen the cap a little cup it w/ a little polly fill over and around the cap area and dip to just near the bottom of the cake.... pull out of water and let drain to where the only water is in the dimples of the lower outer bottle bottom.......... Ill try to get a few better pics if I can.

Posted Image

Thanks Hippie3

(Message edited by pop_bottle on February 13, 2005)

#7 Guest_vrooota!_*

Guest_vrooota!_*

Posted 13 February 2005 - 04:16 PM

yay for the chronic, this is one of many variations I've seen on the concept, wonderful stuff, oh and btw, you can call me: 'those big CD-R cases'

#8 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 13 February 2005 - 12:03 PM

use the posting box below each thread to reply within a thread,
using the box above creates a subtopic of the main thread like you did here.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!