Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:19 PM

If so, how similar is the trip?

#2 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:21 PM

I have yet to meet her but I have been told she is nothing like DMT.
Like comparing weed to moonshine, there is no comparison.

#3 stymets

stymets

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:36 PM

I thought they would be somewhat similar due to the fact that DMT is the main entheogen in Ayahuasca.

#4 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:46 PM

Ball up everything you know and have ever imagined, including the stuff you can't imagine.
That explodes and fragments scatter in millions of pieces all this time everything is at a speed of 100000 miles per hour. And I am leaving some stuff out, it can be much to hard to explain. Some what impossible IMO.

Now I have heard Aya is more spiritual. Not always pleasant and sometimes scary but a learning experience comes for many how try it.
Healing so to speak for some too. The medicine last longer and is more..huh...well..spiritual is the only word I can describe cause I've only heard and haven't done it.
For the most part, calmer and not so intense. But this is not to say Aya cant be but just in a different way..

Im going to stop cause I feel Im making no since to you. :)

#5 stymets

stymets

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:15 PM

So basically smoked DMT is way more intense than AYA, which is good because I don't think I could handle that type of ride for 6-8 hours.:puke:

#6 synth

synth

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:29 PM

aya can be pretty intense, but i don't think it's as ehh
fastpaced.

#7 Beast

Beast

That's Mr. Beast to you..

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:30 AM

I've smoked the elf spice, but have yet to gulp down a magic brew. My hypothesis is that it is like the difference between smoking salvia divinorum extract and chewing a big ol quid of the stuff, or perhaps a sublingual tincture. Mainly it has to do with duration due to the immediate availability of the main compound via your lungs, vs the gradual assimilation through your digestive system?

But then there's more in ayahuasca than just deemster, I've heard plenty that just the MAOi has its own effects. Of course if you hit up the literature about traditional ayahuasca brews, some add san pedro and others add "toe" (datura brugmansia), which I'm sure contribute to a unique experience.

#8 JBB

JBB

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:16 AM

Oral DMT takes around 20 minutes to hit, then comes on very intensely. By very intense I mean an order of magnitude greater than mushrooms. Extremely visual, gorgeous bodyload and it makes music sound incredible. You can have a little nausea depending on which maoi you use.

It lasts around 2-3 hours. It needs some preparation as the intensity of oral DMT is very extreme.

#9 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:27 AM

it's rather like the difference between smoking pot
or eating hashish / ganja butter, etc.
ayahuasca is a full-blown psychedelic experience,
smoked DMT is mostly just visual .

#10 aumbrellaforainydays

aumbrellaforainydays

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:29 PM

what would smoking DMT during an Ayahuasca trip be like?

#11 stymets

stymets

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:23 PM

I've never done acid, shrooms, mesc, dmt, or lsa. I have smoked salvia, and I've done K, they seem very similar to me by the way, but never enough to go into another dimension. If I drink the brew by myself, I won't end up going door to door naked in my niehborhood or anything like that, will I?:eusa_shif

#12 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:19 PM

doubtful, you'd need a really big dose to lose it that far,
more likely you'd just curl into fetal position
and take a journey of the soul.

#13 AndyLandy420

AndyLandy420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:45 PM

i think it can vary so much from one person to the next or even one trip to the next that you cant even begin to explain the differences. from all of my experiences with ayahuasca and freebase dmt, they are remarkablely similar (In my opinion) on a spiritual level, but as far as the sheer "OHHH MY GODDDD!!!!!!" power, the freebase is more intense but many times when i have smoked the freebase, i went into a brew trip, everything about it is ayahuasca style, everything, the feel, the taste, the body load, there is no doubt when im there that im on brew, and then bam its over and i realize it was freebase, badass either way. IMO freebase dmt is by far the hardest/craziest/scariest/coolest/most intense hallucenogen there is, and ayahuasca is a close second IMO. I also have much experience with smoking the freebase while on an maoi and ayahuasca, i have noticed for some reason its not as strong IMO. if i smoke dmt on a clear head, i go away, i leave my body, i forget i smoked it, i go far far away, i have never been able to go away while smoking dmt on ayahuasca, just a super crazy body high and whack visuals but no loss of self.

#14 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 648 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:57 PM

Good thread...from the literature a good comparison would be to read the hundreds of ayahuasca reports in the book 'Antipodes of the Mind' by Benny Shanon then read the book 'DMT, the spirit molecule' by Dr. Rick Strassman for hundreds of DMT reports.

#15 stymets

stymets

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 04:58 PM

I just picked up "The Spirit Molecule" last night, only read the first chapter so far, but the first two "guinee pigs" were given such a high dose that they're unable to remark on their trip with much detail. Looking forward to reading the rest.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!