26 replies to this topic

#21 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:44 AM

said preist meant reverend sorry

When I chose my nym, I never meant for 'trips' to be my name or 'reverend' to be my title. Although, it seems that is how most take it, and thats cool. I kinda fancy the title now:)

reverend-Deserving reverence

reverence-A feeling of profound awe and respect and often love.

trips-Psychedelic journeys

reverend trips

#22 gypsybreath

gypsybreath

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:17 AM

To answer the ops question, psilocybe cubensis is a species and not a strain.

#23 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:18 AM

did a little more research from supplier and found out what i have is Matias Romero. Seek and u shall find. thanks guys i still enjoyed the read.

homestead kit eh?

yes, MR is the one that i started with some 16 or so years ago. many don't like it due to a high rate of aborts and long overlay but personally it's one of my favorites. Like the PFC it requires a slightly dryer environment. this will reduce the aborts and overlay a little. it normally does not respond well to growing on PF cakes. i would recommend a grain casing (it loves millet) or even a bulk poo grow.
PF cakes are great for growing the myc though so don't rule them out as spawn. my favorite method for MR is to swap the BRF in a PF cake for hulled millet from the health food store. crumble and case it in 50/50 mix.
*here's some pics* of a cake vs a casing. the casing is one millet cake. the cake is standard PF formula. *seem to be having trouble uploading so i'll close this post and try again.

your welcome :D it felt good to make a long post like that. i'm usually in a big hurry and/or get interupted a lot.

#24 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:39 AM

here we go :)

#25 funmkr77

funmkr77

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:19 AM

I sure hope its the true MR. Like i said earlier I will have to grow and post, then let the contriversy begin. lol. thanks again TCO. definantly will use millet cake to spawn and then the 50/50 case opposed to the dec looks real nice that way.

#26 max

max

canadian

• Banned Member
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:46 AM

Ya, that strain has been around a long time and is requested by many. In fact, I just received fresh prints of MR the other day and will adding back onto our menu asap.

#27 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:01 PM

Big knowledge and well explained. Thanks for the great info TCO.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!