• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:51 PM

Heheh it was probably more grief to copy/paste and upload the pictures lol.

#22 llama

llama

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 203 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:52 AM

Thanks for posting. That's a little newer than the one I have. I can post the recrys and tips when I get home in a few days. I got them from google's cache shortly after the site went down. It's a good tek, as far as consolidating what works and making it simple. Still a good idea to read up on the chemistry behind the scenes.
Peace,
L

#23 Guest_pissybee_*

Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 17 March 2005 - 07:34 PM

It's not as hard as it sounds and if I had a digicam I would post step by step pics next time I do it... It's really pretty simple.

#24 llama

llama

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 203 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 07:44 PM

True that. Ever since reading on DMTW that one needs something like $100 to get started, I've been thinking I should do a basic tutorial with images on how to extract high-qual D with $10 and a thrifty mindset...or just the thrifty mindset. We don't need no stinkin' Oscarmeyer flasks, though I must admit having them adds to the mad scientist thrill.

#25 skullfarmer

skullfarmer

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:54 PM

it will also add to the evidence when the cops knock in the door looking for a lab. your right lama,you can get started for a little bit of nothing (lye-6.00$,distilled water-1.50$ ,muratic acid-3.00$ mhrb- PRICELESS)

#26 llama

llama

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 04:34 PM

it will also add to the evidence when the cops knock in the door looking for a lab.

True, and on that note I'd like to give some small suggestions:
1) For legal protection, store your source material in a different place than your glassware and chems. If they seize the lab setup, you're just extracting ginseng alkaloids (I'm not sure why you'd want to do this, since I think most of its known medicinal compounds are polysaccharides, but hey, you're doing cutting-edge research for the good of humanity, right?).
2) Don't toss those red-stained coffee filters at home! Aspiring vigilante citizens have been warned about similarly-stained filters coming from meth labs. Bag them well and/or discretely toss in a public can.

On an unrelated note, P. ostreatus may do a fine job at digesting waste solvents from D extraction (unresolved defat emulsions and the like), and would likely thrive if so supplemented (they dig those hydrocarbons). This is just something I've been dreaming of after seeing Stamets recently elaborate on the petroleum-digestion story in GGMM. If I get this arranged, I'll post a tek.

Peace,
L

#27 Guest_thafunkyone_*

Guest_thafunkyone_*

Posted 18 March 2005 - 10:40 PM

I got a friend it the middle of this right now. I'll post the results on monday...

#28 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 10:46 PM

very nice,
thx pb & IAME

#29 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:21 PM

I would like to recommend a few things.

Before trying an extraction, set up whatever filter system you are going to use and test it out. Set up your separatory funnel up and test it out. Test everything out. It will make for a much easier time when you do it for real. Also keep everything very clean and organized.

Also realize you are going to have to get rid of the chemicals eventually. Have plans for being able to get rid of your excess safely and responsibly.

#30 Guest_thafunkyone_*

Guest_thafunkyone_*

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:28 PM

Also realize you are going to have to get rid of the chemicals eventually. Have plans for being able to get rid of your excess safely and responsibly.

We just made molotov cocktails with the naptha...just kiddin.

I'd make sure you have adequate ventilation. Even with an exhaust fan the solvent fumes get a little hard on your head. Also make sure you've got some time on your hands the first time. The first part takes a couple hours, but the rest takes a while. Took a friend 3 days to do it the first time, around 10 hours total I'd guess.

#31 Guest_pissybee_*

Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 22 March 2005 - 01:29 AM

And? How'd it come out? Get pure clear to white crystals? Test it out yet? Whaddya think? :D :D :D

#32 Guest_thafunkyone_*

Guest_thafunkyone_*

Posted 22 March 2005 - 11:02 AM

Update....naptha takes a long fucking time to evaporate...more on this later...:)

#33 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 11:06 AM

Hehe I agree with funky...

lol

#34 Guest_thafunkyone_*

Guest_thafunkyone_*

Posted 22 March 2005 - 02:46 PM

just did a freezer separation...maybe I'll tell ya tonight..:)

#35 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 10:44 PM

Hrmm I think thats a good idea? :)

#36 Guest_thafunkyone_*

Guest_thafunkyone_*

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:54 AM

looks good so far...gonna leave it til the am..is getting all chrystally inside..24hrs then switch, dry, and puff...

Edit..: maybe again....I LOVE DMT..:)

#37 Guest_pissybee_*

Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 23 March 2005 - 12:27 PM

Maybe I should add that for the first two defats I use Xylene, seems to get it little cleaner then naphtha, but you use naphtha in the final defat and for after you basify to pull out the DMT...

#38 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 12:43 PM

I"ve had it in the freezer for about 12 hours and I'm not seeing much fall out of the solution....hrmmm

I think its possible I have fucked this up. I'm not sure though....

I do know the first 100ml of the lye water I added, the water wasn't heated first. ALthough after that I did heat the water and then add the rest of the lye and I still got the ph up to around 12-13. I'm not sure....grrrr

#39 llama

llama

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 01:54 PM

Okay, I dug up the recrystallization and tips sections. Should I post them?
-L

#40 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:42 PM

Sure, it would help. :) Thanks.

I am seeing some white things precipitate out of the solution after it being in the freezer for 24 hrs. Maybe I didn't totally blow it afterall. At least I know what mistakes I made and I have a good idea how to do it better next time.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!