- - - - -

Vovin's DMT extraction...

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:07 AM

When heating naphtha, I always leave the lid kinda loose or even cracked a bit and I always make sure to keep a rag or something in the pot to prevent the jar from touching the bottom of the pot.. They do break on occasion, so make sure you wear solvent gloves and possibly even eye protection... BTW, I don't think pickle jars are as good as canning jars, but I am not 100% sure... Pyrex flasks would be ideal...

#62 Venice

• Expired Member
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:12 AM

thanks...I do have flasks and I thought a little Saran over the openning with a couple holes for air would be good...what a great help the forum is!

#63 InfectedMushroom420

• Expired Member
  • 180 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 01:45 PM

If you wanted a greater yield, can you just increase the bark or would you have to mulitply the entire formula equally.

If I go through the process, I would want more final product so I wouldn't have to go through it so soon again. I'm thinking 100gms minimum to 200gms of bark.

Any ideas or suggestions? This will definately kick off the new year right!

#64 Guest_pissybee_*

Posted 14 December 2005 - 03:45 PM

If you use more bark, you'll need more of all materials... 200g of your average bark will yield a gram of pure alkaloids, give or take... 1 gram is enough for about 15-25 doses depending on the person and method of vaporizing/smoking... Keep in mind it only lasts for about 5-20 mins, total, but you can return to the same high, if you just wait until you are all the way down... I usually give it an hour just to be sure...

#65 Bkultra

• Expired Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 06:15 AM

If i was intrested in doing 1lb extractions would this equipment work in place of the 500ml?

Seperatory Funnel - 4000 ml
3 Pyrex 4000 ML flasks - Marked A,B,+C
Buchner Funnel and Pump - 4000ml - Marked D

#66 marsofold

• Expired Member
  • 348 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 08:45 AM

Yes, it will do just fine. One thing I should mention about Vovin's TEK which has come to be realized as less than perfect is the ph recommendation for basification. 12 isn't high enough. A ph of 12 will often result in a heavy emulsion to deal with. At a ph of 13.4, the emulsions go away in 20 minutes. 13.4 is ideal...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!