Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Ayahuasca dreamin' (on such a winter-like spring day)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:11 PM

Been dreaming of an Aya brew, a double-dose brew of the following proportions:

112g P.Viridis
55g B.Caapi
6g Syrian Rue

Does that sound like a good dream to you? The dream will closely follow Hippie3's pictorial instructions.

Any comments or suggestions? In this dream, I also have plenty of MHRB if it were advised to add that to the mix.

#2 synth

synth

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:20 PM

sounds good

#3 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:10 PM

The dream continues....

112g p.viridis
57g b.caapi
6g syrian rue

Ingredients were shredded, ground up, and combined into crockpot. After pounding the caapi into strips with a hammer, I realized it was going to be a chore and a half to grind. So I pressure cooked it for an hour, then cut into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slivers with scissors. Afterwards, I threw them into the coffee grinder which further shredded the caapi into even smaller slivers.

I then added 1 liter of tap water, remembered I needed to use distilled water, then added 2 more liters of DH20. Also added 100ml apple cider vinegar (thinking to use a bit more ACV to compensate for the hard tap water I added). I allowed the mixture to cook in the crockpot on low overnight.

After 14 hours in the crockpot, I strained the mixture using a metal coffee strainer. I poured the liquid (and quite a bit of fine sediment) back into the crockpot to reduce on low heat. The solids I added to a large iron pot, with 3 liters DH20, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon ACV. This I have brought to a low simmer, stirring frequently. Planning to cook this for 3 hours, then strain again.

How am I doing so far?

#4 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

Well, I had to put my brew on hold after I had gotten it reduced down to a quart jar. Today I added about half a gallon more of DH20 and am reducing again. Also still needed to add gelatin.

I bought some Knott's unflavored gelatin and added one packet. The brew looks richer, but other than that no difference.

How many packets of gelatin am I supposed to use? Do I need to filter anything out, or can I down everything whole?

#5 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:09 PM

No input from anyone?

Well, I added about 3 packets of unflavored gelatin. Roughly 20 grams I'd say. Now my aya brew is aya Jell-o. It looks like chocolate pudding. Seriously, it has completely set.

How the hell am I going to eat this? :confused: (With a spoon, undoubtedly)

#6 Cletus2k

Cletus2k

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:12 PM

No input from anyone?

It is 4/20.. For many it's like Christmas.. I wouldn't be surprised if responses are a bit.. uh.. delayed.. :)

#7 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:45 PM

lol
sorry, was ot at the park today.
gee, i was going to say 1 package was enough.
so it set up eh ?
heating it will re-liquify it.

#8 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:36 PM

No input from anyone?

Well, I added about 3 packets of unflavored gelatin. Roughly 20 grams I'd say. Now my aya brew is aya Jell-o. It looks like chocolate pudding. Seriously, it has completely set.

How the hell am I going to eat this? :confused: (With a spoon, undoubtedly)

I spoke too soon! After leaving the brew out of the refrigerator for 2 hours or so, I noticed the jello had "melted". It's liquid again!

So here's a question: might it be easier to ingest as a pudding? Or shall I keep it liquified?

#9 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:39 PM

lol
sorry, was ot at the park today.
gee, i was going to say 1 package was enough.
so it set up eh ?
heating it will re-liquify it.

One 7g packet would have been enough? Drat. The Knott's container had 4. I thought I had read in the vaults to use closer to 30g. I stopped before I got that far. Glad I did!

As I just posted though, it liquified upon warming to room temperature, thankfully.

#10 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:23 PM

I have posted my trip report. I drank half of my brew. It was quite drinkable. The gelatin is definitely a must. I wish I had filtered out the sediment (powdered caapi/viridis/rue) prior to drinking. If I had, I might have been able to down the entire 2 doses, and I would have had a harder, more enjoyable trip. Instead, I spent a lot of the trip obsessing about how I wasn't tripping hard enough! (until I realized I was!)

https://mycotopia.ne...huasca-journey/

Edited by Sidestreet, 06 September 2015 - 07:53 PM.

#11 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:41 PM

It was quite drinkable. The gelatin is definitely a must.

:cool:

:bow:

#12 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:20 PM

I was wondering about you Doc. So, do you feel different now? :)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!