• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 oldiebutnewbie

oldiebutnewbie

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:13 PM

Hes still locked up unfortunately, they offered to let him out in a year and a half if he talked, but uhhhhh........ FUCK THAT!!!

He'll be out in like 2008-09 , hopefully.

Prolly wouldnt have been so bad if he hadnt had the shroomie bagged up in 1/8 . 1/4's and Oz's. Along with the herb bagged up in halfs and O's. What a dumbass eh?

##################
Yeah, many jurisdictions have statutes that allow the presumption of intent to distribute under such circumstances. One may attempt to refute that presumption at trial but it is difficult and expensive. My friend had similar situation : 16, one-oz. baggies mj. Car was inoperable so he put his plates on a different vehicle and went off to make his delivery. Mistake. Never do 2 illegal things simultaneously, is my other friend Bob's advice. He's a former bankrobber ( 9 years served) and his opinion is worth listening to.. I forget what the probable cause for the stop was but things quickly went from bad to worse.
My friend's defense at trial was that he is old (so on the rare occassions when he can score he has to stock up), and that each ounce was separately packaged NOT because he had intent to distribute but because he had to do like 'portion control'. Like if you bought half a cow and cut it up into individual packages and froze them. That wouldn't imply that you were going to open a butcher shop, ya know? And that way he could limit his intake and gauge when he'd be needing some more.
Well, the jury was wanting to get home, and what the hell, we all know this is a lot of bs, and it WAS kinda funny to hear this guilty old bastard talk through his teeth all sincere. He charmed them and gave them an out and they took it. It cost Mike $30K and that was some years ago.
Of course he was convicted for the plates and possession, it was just the 'intent to distrbute' part he beat but that was good enough and kept him home instead of elsewhere. Pretty pricey though.
I wish your friend luck, and am glad he's stand-up about the blabbing. They work that angle hard.
OBN

#22 cosmicaug

cosmicaug

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:23 PM

My friend's defense at trial was that he is old (so on the rare occassions when he can score he has to stock up), and that each ounce was separately packaged NOT because he had intent to distribute but because he had to do like 'portion control'. Like if you bought half a cow and cut it up into individual packages and froze them. That wouldn't imply that you were going to open a butcher shop, ya know? And that way he could limit his intake and gauge when he'd be needing some more.

Though it may have been BS with your friend, I don't think that that's absurd. FOAF has done this (not with MJ): small individually heat sealed packets with the weight written on bag for proper dosing. I would not have allowed intent to distribute as being beyond reasonable doubt (though I suppose quantity might come into play).

#23 joey_megabucks

joey_megabucks

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 747 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:40 PM

All I could think of was, "yeah those are my shitakes, Im a vegetarian" he asked for waht and I said to make soup for everyone at the festival, good health food, he says, ohh very nice.

anytime i go anywhere with any amount of mushrooms, i keep some recipes nearby for shitakes and label the bag of shrooms "shitakes," for this reason.

#24 dcraun

dcraun

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:14 PM

anytime i go anywhere with any amount of mushrooms, i keep some recipes nearby for shitakes and label the bag of shrooms "shitakes," for this reason.

i can see cops falling for that but festival security would probably take them for their own use if they found them

#25 cheshire

cheshire

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 639 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:21 AM

how can u get past sniffer dogs?

#26 Guest_greysRDbest_*

Guest_greysRDbest_*

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:16 AM

In what kind of situation?
In my reckless youth...while coming back from jamaica i successfully concealed a few joints of the local deliciousness in ziplock baggies stuffed inside a shampoo bottle. i placed the bottle in my shaving kit with a lot of loose q-tips (to help conceal in case xrayed). It was my second trip and it was BEFORE 911...and the first time on my way back from jamaica nothing eventful happened. When i got into atlanta airport they had a swat team and 3 dogs....2 beagles and a shepherd. All three dogs sniffed me and my bags and nothing happened. I went on my way...and eventually my balls let go of my pelvis.
I would NEVER do such a thing again..it was stupid and SO NOT WORTH what would have happened if they caught me. but i was alot younger and it was before heightened security in the airports.

#27 siam_jim

siam_jim

Mycotopia Mod

• Expired Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:33 AM

lol grey... i bet ya was just overwhelmingly excited.... maybe the dogs were just trained for explosive?

i agree its not worth it tho, ya have to be very clean and washed up to pass a good sniffer. depending on what one is taken..it would have to be seal air tight in a contam free enviroment. then if you going via air you have to go pass the xray.

siam

#28 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:36 AM

don't forget, now they use mechanical sensors as well. Not to sure you could actually hide it from them. The high tech stuff is harder to get by.

#29 white_rabbit3

white_rabbit3

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:02 AM

K-9s aren't a hundred percent they fuck up more then they are on track, the officer knows it too... thats why their always trying to get you to fes up before and during the whole K-9 search ordel, then the officer if he thinks he knows your holding they get the dog to alert on a false positive, he makes the dog alert on a comand.
so kind of if you look ok otherwise thats not likley going to happen.

K-9s alert (smell) on enzimes that are not cleaned off the out side of the bags/cotainers you handle or your hands etc. etc. kind of like the mold spores they are there even if you don't see 'em. Mycotopia heads should be experts cleaning them away :laser:

#30 Invader Zim

Invader Zim

Cisco Certified Stoner

• Expired Member
  • 592 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:38 AM

ok here's how a k9 works. dogs noses work alot like our eyes. for example if you make a stew, to us we smell "stew, but we see potato's, tomato's etc..etc.. a dog on the other hand can actually distinguish each smell in the stew just like we can see them. trying to mask the odor wont work with a dog, it can distinguish between all the odors...even thruogh gas, pvc, plastic etc... the trick is this.

it takes time for the odor of your stash to permiate through whatever you have it in...sometimes it might take a hour..maybe 5 hours. just depends on how you package it. if you place a bag of grass inside of a coffee can and put it immediatley infront of a dog he wont alert on it. wait a hour or 2 and then he will be able to smell it because the odor molecules have had time to permiate through the container. and no..layering something in plastic wont keep the smell from escaping. it wll just keep it from escaping as quickly.
the other thing to worry about is contamination. if you contaminate the outside of the container with the smell then all bets are off. your best bet is to use a brand new container and place the stash inside using latex gloves. also make sure to wash your hands and clothes very well or the dog may actually give a signal on you and not your stash. liquids and oils can slow down the permiation rate but it wont stop it. peanut butter is a classic...its thick and oily. basically it all comes down to time.

if you want to test this trick...take a plastic baggy and put some sardens in it. smell the outside, you wont smell anything. wait 2-3 hours and smell it again........

www.nevergetbusted.com :)

#31 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,031 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:56 AM

So you've seen the video's too huh Zim.. hehe

Zim and WhiteRabbit are right... smell will eventually travel through pores in glass.

Like rabbit says, micro dust get's on packages, so dogs smell them faster. Use latex gloves (a new pair with each layer of wrapping) when making packages. And don't trust the wrappings to hold the smell for too long. (I like to vacuum seal the bud first.)

When hiding it in your car, make sure to hide it near the center of the vehicle and as high as possible. It'll make it harder for the dog. If it's a joint, keep it in your hand so you can eat it...

Don't use red peppers or anything, the dog will jerk it's head back in disgust and the handler will pick up on something's wrong.

Some cars are always screwed. I let my dogs always ride in my car, so the smell that they were there always get's k9's excited. After a k9 search they always ask me if I had dogs in the car... DUH.

Remember, they can only use dogs to sniff your person if you are at the airport, or at some kind of border check point. Any other time they can only legally without warrant sniff your car. If you are walking down the street and see a cop with a k9, you could walk past him, the dogs aren't trained or allowed to sniff people.

But that doesn't mean the officer can't pat you down looking for weapon, oh I feel a knife, reach in pull out dope, and on his report says... I smelled weed on his person, sho nuf look what i found...

Remember all advice is for accidental detainment. I wouldn't intentionally try to get something by sniffer dogs...

#32 Invader Zim

Invader Zim

Cisco Certified Stoner

• Expired Member
  • 592 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:00 AM

I wouldn't intentionally try to get something by sniffer dogs...

amen

#33 Odin 13

Odin 13

Exciteable Boy!

• Expired Member
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:23 AM

"If you are walking down the street and see a cop with a k9, you could walk past him, the dogs aren't trained or allowed to sniff people." Suckerfree

A month ago, we were going to a concert. A cop car was out front the venue w/ his flashers going. We were walking up the sidewalk when I realized it was a K9 unit car. The cop was outside the car talking to someone. We had just gotten out of a van after blowing several fatties. I freaked & got as far from the dog as I could on the sidewalk (the cop car windows were down). The dog still triggered & went absolutely nuts, barking & trying to climb out the car window! I tried to be calm & speeded up my step a bit, but my butt hole was puckered good! My buds behind me weren't even paying any attention, & one of the females in the back group even had a couple of joints in her bra. Luckily the cop seemed to be too busy w/ the other person he was engaged with, because he either didn't notice his dog or chose to ignore it. I firmly believe that dog smelled the smoke still lingering on us/our clothes.

#34 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,031 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:46 AM

The dog barked at ya cuz you're ugly.

:teeth:

They aren't allowed to use the dog to stop your 'person'. He may stop you because you look strange.... then pat you down for a weapon because he 'fears' you... and then may discover your weed... then he'll claim in his report he smelt it coming off of you.

I'm sure the dog could pick up the scent of bud on you... they have very keen smell.

#35 Odin 13

Odin 13

Exciteable Boy!

• Expired Member
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:00 PM

Yeppers, I know the drill, the cops pretty much have the whole situation on their side, after all once you are in front of the judge who is he gonna believe? When I was young & stupid (still am!) I said to a judge, I'm pleading no contest, he asked why? you are either innocent or guilty! I said you will take the word of your officer, & he said don't tell me what I'll do, I find you guilty! I answered there you go! & he said 1 more word out of you & I'll find you in contempt of court! Now if I'm in front of an officer or judge it's yes sir/no sir unless it incriminates me.

#36 flashmike

flashmike

Mycodruid Forum International Mod

• Expired Member
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:11 PM

If it's a joint, keep it in your hand so you can eat it...

Sorry for a little offtop (or maybe not) but a few weeks ago I've read a note in my local newspaper that cops were going to check some guy on the street and the guy swallowed his lil'bag of dope, so cops wanted to know "what was that?". They took this poor guy to the hospital and the docs get the baggie back :) lol

Hope you guys understand my English :)

#37 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:59 PM

um, tell him next time
remove the pot from the baggie
before eating the pot...

#38 PsychoDrogue

PsychoDrogue

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:27 PM

I have read threw a lot of sniper training manuals and of course they go deep into eluding sniffer dogs. They don't go into scent a lot. Dogs that are used to actually find and follow a path are actually picking up the similar disturbances of the soil/ground rather than any actual 'smell' you leave behind.

I do know that their sense of smell is some times greater than ours, and they can differentiate between small differences in smells. They are obviously effective so the only way to get passed them is to make sure the scent isn't present when your passing them.

sealed in a bag inside liquid inside glass sounds like the best way, but at an airport that would get attention.

#39 white_rabbit3

white_rabbit3

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:49 AM

Dogs that are used to actually find and follow a path are actually picking up the similar disturbances of the soil/ground rather than any actual 'smell' you leave behind.

That is true in tracking but drug and artical searches are a little differant.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!