Out-effin'- standing!

#63 seymorebunz

seymorebunz

CHEERS

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:46 AM

Thank Bugs!

They are still growing, they don't double in size every 24 hours like cubies have done for me.

They do however pack a big punch.....I tried some over the weekend. I started a new thread in the "Storming the Gates" forum.

Amazing.

#64 spacecake

spacecake

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 4,563 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:18 PM

Thank Bugs!

They are still growing, they don't double in size every 24 hours like cubies have done for me.

Sometimes they do,..sometimes they don't !
I have pins standing still for atleast two weeks,before they grew to mature size...!
I've also had (pan)shrooms mature in three days..,all in the same enviroment...

#65 seymorebunz

seymorebunz

CHEERS

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:35 PM

Thank Bugs!

Sometimes they do,..sometimes they don't !
I have pins standing still for atleast two weeks,before they grew to mature size...!
I've also had (pan)shrooms mature in three days..,all in the same enviroment...

Very Interesting

#66 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:54 AM

Any new news lately? Particularly, any more flushes? Did the BIG BAG do OK?

I have four full quarts of popcorn in a big mycobag, and the pan suphanburi have done a great job of colonizing. Sandbags have been ordered, and I'm looking for a bit extra info.

How much spawn did you use for your big sandbag? For the little ones? Did you keep them in the light, or keep them in the dark until colonized?

I'm really excited about trying pans, and this is gorgeous spawn, so any pointers for fruiting will be muchly appreciated.

#67 seymorebunz

seymorebunz

CHEERS

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:28 PM

Just wanted to update everyone on this project.....

The first two smaller bags worked out and produced enough fruits for a great first time Pan experience as well as enough for a few close friends.

I had 3 more spawn bags from Hip that were fully colonized....so i decide to quit being a pussy and spawned them all to one large sandbag.

Everything was goin great right up until I exposed to light and air. The last two smaller bags were getting dried out really quickly with constant airflow....so this time I didn't leave the fan on all the time and when I did, it wasn't left on the highest setting.

This turned out to be a big mistake..........lots of big green ugly trich. I tried doing some emergency sugery......still more ugly green trich.

I don't have any strong peroxide on hand and I don't know if I can save any of it now anyways. I'll probably try one more amputation and see if I can stop the carnage.

Pans in bags is still a work in progress......if I can get the air exchange just right, I'm confident that I can make them turn out even better.

:gah::gah::gah:

#68 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:36 PM

That sucks, man. But glad the little bags produced (read your trip report). Luck.

#69 seymorebunz

seymorebunz

CHEERS

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:29 AM

Thanks bugs......

Now all current pan work is officially dead. Damn the green monster to hell!

#70 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:35 AM

:heart:

#71 Cowcharmer

Cowcharmer

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

Sorry to hear you lost some of your material to trich.
Thats the worst when that happens. After you have got through the hard part, and got that mycelium off to a healthy start, some big grean meanie comes along and beats down the little man.

Im glad you got enough to try though !
I still haven't tried pans.

#72 seymorebunz

seymorebunz

CHEERS

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:07 AM

trich is the devil!!!

but pans are definitely a gift from Heaven....thanks cowcharmer

#73 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,704 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:19 AM

I've gotten great flushes from trich infested trays that I dumped into the yard in a mostly-shady spot (not too shady). A hard rain washed the trich away, mostly. I use the hose if there isn't enough rain.

Some of my best grows have been "failures" I dumped out in the yard. Just thought I'd put that out there.

I do this with cubies, but for Pans (which I have yet to grow) I suppose this is only an option within a narrower, more tropical environmental range, which right now happens to be a large part of the U.S.. Couldn't hurt to try...

Great grow log, btw! I do have some Pan prints that I've been trying to find time to play with, and this and other threads are inspiring me to get started ASAP.

#74 seymorebunz

seymorebunz

CHEERS

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:17 PM

Thanks TV.....I can't wait until I have more yard so to speak. Currently in town and it sucks! I'm ready for some outdoor fun!

I've gotten great flushes from trich infested trays that I dumped into the yard in a mostly-shady spot (not too shady). A hard rain washed the trich away, mostly. I use the hose if there isn't enough rain.

Some of my best grows have been "failures" I dumped out in the yard. Just thought I'd put that out there.

I do this with cubies, but for Pans (which I have yet to grow) I suppose this is only an option within a narrower, more tropical environmental range, which right now happens to be a large part of the U.S.. Couldn't hurt to try...

Great grow log, btw! I do have some Pan prints that I've been trying to find time to play with, and this and other threads are inspiring me to get started ASAP.

#75 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,704 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:02 AM

I've done it while living in very dense neighborhoods; all ya need is a bush to put the stuff under, and any mushrooms that appear are being pulled out by you (in case a neighbor sees) "because I don't want them to spread." most will accept that since most don't know anything about mushrooms, any who know about fungi will then know that you know nothing about them, which is good. Now if you're in an apartment or condo then, well, nevermind.

Good luck! Hope the pins never stop!

#76 seymorebunz

seymorebunz

CHEERS

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:50 PM

Good advice TV....I do have my own house with a small yard, I just have to work on the bush!

Thanks bro.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!