• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 StatelyPlumpBuck

StatelyPlumpBuck

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:36 AM

So my friend had read these boards and finally took the plunge.

Ingredients used (from a sponsor)

50g b. caapi (white)
28g p. viridis (Hawaiian)

per person (2 people partook) - with a third dose on the ready in case of dud brew.

Technique used was Hummingbird Tek: https://mycotopia.ne...-tek-ayahuasca/

combined with the Hippy3 crockpot method.

Ingredients were shredded and soaked in just over 1 gallon of acidic distilled water in a crockpot for 3 days, with stirring 3-4 times daily.

Then cooked on low overnight, followed by on high the next morning for 3 hours.

materials strained, then 1 gallon distilled water (1/2 as much acid added) and cooked on high in the crockpot for 3.5 hours.

materials strained, then 1 gallon pure distilled water and cooked on high in the crockpot for 3.5 hours.

all waters combined, 2 packets of unflavored Knox gelatin added (seemed not quite enough) and reduced on med-low heat on a stovetop in a stainless steel pot for 4-5 hours until down to about 12 oz. and split among 3 mugs.

----------------------------------------------------------

Brew was downed. he felt a little flushed and warm after about 30 mins in. About 40 mins into it, went from nothing to reality disintegrating in under 30 seconds. Fastest come-on of any drug he had ever taken. THere was never a need for the added dose.

1.5 hours of intense mind-blowing, ego-erasing, 4-D color hallucinations occured. A little more intense than he was hoping or prepared for. 15-20 LSD and mushroom and mescaline trips did not prepare him for the reality shattering of the aya. Whether this was strictly the drug, or was a matter of the dose was unknown.

This was followed by 2-3 hours of bliss-like reality reconstruction wherein music sounded great and things quietly slipped back to normal, save for the swirling 3-D color visuals.

Still feeling an afterglow one day afterwards.

All in all, the hummingbird tek works great. He would do less material next time if he was to repeat the experiment (was too intense an experience to even consider doing for at least a year or two)

Edited by Sidestreet, 06 September 2015 - 07:47 PM.

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:09 AM

glad you made it, awesome eh.
:bow:

#3 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:10 AM

I am fond of the phosphoric soak myself. I find taking a more medicinal approach to aya allows me to imbibe more frequently.

#4 StatelyPlumpBuck

StatelyPlumpBuck

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:07 PM

I am fond of the phosphoric soak myself. I find taking a more medicinal approach to aya allows me to imbibe more frequently.

Twas your recommendations that led him down this path.

The peak experience was so intense that it seemed that all pre-drinking approaches/intentionalities went out the window. Was prepared for a medicinal experience, and the more manageable times definitely felt like a healing medicine.

I'm thinking next time he would use something like:

35-40g caapi
25g p. viridis

of the same materials

for maybe a slightly less intense/more manageable experience.

What do you think?

#5 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:27 PM

I believe lower doses are great with ayahuasca. The thing with aya is, its very hard to go wrong ime. Lowering doses with the phosphoric soak is pretty common from what I have read. This is due to the efficiency of the acid imo. You got your feet wet, and with that now have a sense of what you need or dont need. Follow what your little voice tells you :)

#6 loochypooch

loochypooch

Heavy Metal Drummer

• Expired Member
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:58 PM

Congratulations!

:amazed:

#7 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:36 PM

50g b. caapi (white)
28g p. viridis (Hawaiian)

Very interesting! Your ingredients were almost the direct opposite of mine (56g viridis, 27g caapi, 3g rue), minus the additional 3g Syrian Rue. I complained my trip was "weak", and you report that yours was too strong and hit you too hard! I wanted YOUR trip!

Did you down your drink all at once, or did you sip it slowly over an hour? I'm very interested to know what variables might have made my trip seem "weak" while yours so strong? I imagine we purchased our ingredients from the same location.

Any ideas, seasoned dreamers?

#8 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:41 PM

Did you use the same phosphoric soak aka hummingbird tek doc?

#9 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:48 PM

No, I soaked with mostly vinegar, and some lemon juice. Can it really make that big of a difference which acid you use?

#10 StatelyPlumpBuck

StatelyPlumpBuck

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:51 PM

Things that might have made a difference:

1) everything grinded to a fine powder in a coffee grinder

2) 3-day room temp soak

3) downed it all at once

4) Hawaiian p. viridis used

#11 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:58 PM

I am not sure, but heres what I think: The soaking of the material in acid for 3 days is of the utmost importance. I began doing this in conjunction with using phosphoric acid. So, I can not say it is the acid only since they have been brewing for thousands of years without phosphoric.

What I will throw out there is this, you may need less material with phosphoric acid, as opposed to the citric or vinegar. The acid may be somehow more efficient.........not proven, but a hunch.

I have not had a single dud brew since using the hummingbird tek. If I were you I would give it a try. See if it makes a difference. I believe it will.

#12 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:27 PM

I am not sure, but heres what I think: The soaking of the material in acid for 3 days is of the utmost importance. I began doing this in conjunction with using phosphoric acid.

I have not had a single dud brew since using the hummingbird tek. If I were you I would give it a try. See if it makes a difference. I believe it will.

I'll bet you anything that it is indeed the 3-day acid soak which makes the biggest difference. I only did a 24-hour crockpot soak with mine (on low heat). I wonder how significant the 2nd and 3rd washes are?

Has anyone ever tried extracting out the DMT from the 3 soaks/washes to measure the amount of DMT pulled out in each?

#13 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:29 PM

Things that might have made a difference:

1) everything grinded to a fine powder in a coffee grinder

2) 3-day room temp soak

3) downed it all at once

4) Hawaiian p. viridis used

1 and 4 I had covered, so possibly 2 and 3. Tell me, how was your nausea? Did you have any? Mine was terrible at first, though I never puked. It did go away eventually.

#14 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 902 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:02 PM

very nice journey report!

#15 StatelyPlumpBuck

StatelyPlumpBuck

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:02 PM

very nice journey report!

Thank you Tregar. It was partly the inspiration of your posts that inspired my friend to imbibe!

Your one post saying that 20g of Hawaiian p. viridis, if prepared with the right TEK, is sufficient seems right on the mark.

I think the next time my friend will use 30g caapi, 20g p. viridis as a dose, with an extra 1/2 dose on hand if necessary.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!