11 replies to this topic

#1 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:54 AM

I have told this in chat more than once, so for you guys that have heard this already, carry on :) This is one of my more memorable ayahuasca journeys.

Several Months ago, I brewed 90g of diplopterys and 100g of some orange looking caapi using the hummingbird tek. The material was cooked using two crock pots, over a 2 day span. I filtered the material and drank all of the cappi and half of the diplopterys liquid. I remember chasing it with orange gatorade hehehe.

You do not get a feeling with aya say like with acid where you take it and that shiver runs up your spine telling you, its gonna be an interesting night. I didnt feel much of anything actually at first.

An hour or so later I began to feel the effects. My concentration on whatever I was doing went out the window, so I hit the couch and closed my eyes. The colors began swirling, much like acid during the peak, but the trip is very very different. I began to feel the love of the universe, and felt like the universe was glad I did the aya at that time. It all felt right. The love I feel on aya is truly amazing. I feel it on acid and cactus to a degree, but the aya kept telling me it was love. I felt like I was in good hands and was 100% able to let go and let the upcoming events take place. Faith.

As the warm smile of the universe enveloped me, I saw what I had interpreted as a cosmic operation. My body started to become millions of multi colored particles or pixels. The pixels were sent up into another dimension I could not see, and brought back down, where I was reassembled the way it was intended. That was my take on it anyhow. I felt like this re charged me spiritually and physically. The rejoining of my body felt right and good. The universe tweaked me, gave me a tune up, or cured me of something unknown. It did not matter, it was for the best, I knew that.

I saw a Jaguar, which has been a fairly common theme in many of my cactus voyages, but never have I seen him on ayahuasca. I began to become one with the Jaguar, feeling what he felt. The regal, proud animal, walking through the jungle thousands of years ago. I have no idea what the Jaguar symbolizes, but perhaps one of you do. The image stayed with me for a short while, long enough to make sure I remembered it, then vanished.

Then came the part where I ended up under the blankets in the fetal position :) I watched as the colors continually swirled and my mind went to my past. I thought about a girl that I had not thought about in years. We were together for a short time and I basically blew her off. Without getting in to too much detail, I found myself feeling things I should have felt back then, and I was able to dump some bad karma.

I had been up all night, and the sun was coming up, so I concentrated on getting some rest. As the peace returned and the work was done, I fell asleep.

This ayahuasca voyage seemed very significant to me at the time and still does. When I think about aya, this is what I remember most. I have journeyed many times at different doses, before and since, yet this still stands out as My Necessary Ayahusaca Dream.

Just thought I would share with those that have not heard this before :)

#2 no_donnie

no_donnie

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:11 PM

Thanks for sharing that journey. I am very interested in trying ayahuasca and this experience seems very pleasant and insightful. As far as jaguars go, the Maya viewed them as a vessel between the living world and the dead. They also symbolize power and strength, but i don't see how that would apply here. So maybe the jaguar is leading you between both worlds. If you have not tried yet, consider following him next time.

#3 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:17 PM

Thats very interesting no donnie. If that is the case it makes a lot of sense to me. Where can I find out more about what you were telling me?

#4 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:34 PM

Nice, Rocketman! So you took about double the normal "standard" dose of caapi, correct? Do you find increasing the MAOI like that works better for you?

What is the average dose for diplopterys?

#5 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:44 PM

Rocket thanks so much for sharing that trip report. :)
I hope to try ayahuasca someday as well..

#6 no_donnie

no_donnie

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:28 PM

Hey Rocketman, I just remember the significance of jaguars from doing a report on the Maya back in high school. I wish I could point you where to get more information, wikipedia briefly mentions it... I would definitely follow the jaguar, or try and communicate with it, next time you come across it though.

#7 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:33 AM

loved it :)

i was there in chat the day after you had that dream... i think...
either way it was great hearing about it again! :cool:

u should watch Apocolypto (directed by mel gibson...
heh, it's not exactly non-fiction, but plays on the jaguar theme...

google or wikipedia can help ya, wish i knew of some sites.. take care brother

#8 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:07 PM

Doc, to answer your question as best as I can without being irresponsible as a mod here: I am a believer that taking the medicine by a dose is good if it works for you. Odds are a given dose will not work for you time after time due to the variability of material. So I say this......Take enough.

Yes I double the starting dose for caapi, and it works fine for me. The suggested dose for diplopterys is pretty low, I am guessing around 25g. The take enough idea came to me from reading how they brew it in the amazon. They gather bunches of caapi and leaf into a big pot and boil it for a couple days. If it does not work they drink more. What works on half the crowd may not work for the other half for whatever physiological reasons. Some purists may answer your question as to why the brew did not work for you with something like, well the brew taught you what it wanted you to learn......yeah okay, maybe, who knows. Remember this Doc, even small amounts of leaf can be interesting with proper maoi. So, I always go high on the caapi. 100g is not a "too much" caapi, but the more caapi you drink the more nauseas you get. A good dose of vine is enough to put you in a horizontal position by itself.

The next question you might ask is whats the difference between chagropanga (diplopterys) and chaliponga (p. viridis). Besides the dosage difference in dmt, diplopterys also contains small amounts of 5meo dmt. It is said that the diplopterys is a potentially rougher ride than viridis, but I have not found this to be true. They are both used by different tribes and religions with equal success.

So, maybe the best way for you to proceed is to brew 100-125g of caapi and drink it about half an hour prior to drinking your leaf brew. See if that makes a difference. Also, go to beerbeerandmorebeer.com and get some of the 10%foodgrade phosphoric acid, and follow the hummingbird tek. The acid is cheap, and soaking the material in it for 3 days made a huge difference for me.

#9 rocketman

rocketman

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,602 posts

Donator

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:17 PM

Good to see you back Cap! :heart:

#10 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:22 PM

http://morebeer.com/...roduct_id=19871

#11 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:25 PM

excellent report. i have heard some of your other experiences as well :eusa_clap if you write them i will read them :bow:

as for my first Aya experience - i feel it will be soon
but i am in no rush, as timing seems to be very important,
Like how you said it felt like the right time.

thanks for sharing :thumbup:

#12 Guest_vinz_*

Guest_vinz_*

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:49 AM

love the trip report :)
makes me wanna do aya too..

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!