• Please log in to reply
498 replies to this topic

#481 ridder

ridder

Some Fun Guy

• Expired Member
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 03:19 AM

you mean when you were of legal age in your location of origin right pj? :)

#482 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 06:56 AM

a long time ago no doubt.

#483 rick

rick

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:45 AM

want somthan done rite, do it yourself.

#484 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 25 April 2005 - 08:18 AM

I've ordered once, not from PF, and probably never will again, because the order sucked, and I do not want to rely on others, like PF said, to make good clean prints or syringes. Some jars never even grew anything and others were completely contaminated although I did salvage a couple.
I am having too much success with the spores I obtained from wild fruit last year. They really are good, so I recommend to anyone who lives in an area that fruit grow wild to make prints form those. I am making really clean prints now from the fourth generation.

#485 Soliver1

Soliver1

Deranged

• Expired Member
  • 631 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:27 PM

Seems to me that growing and distributing spores from the same
location, while not neccessarily the act of a fool,
could be considered "foolish" by some . . . Even though you came out on
top, in the long run, a visit from the feds is always worth avoiding.

The stress of the combined grow / spore op would cause many folks more stress than
some bum prints from overseas, and besides, it couldn't have taken too many prints
to make a huge load of PF syringes... a backlog of prints would have taken care of that
dilemna easily it seems.

I ordered from multiple sources many years ago,
and while other vendors had syringes with visible spores in them,
none of the non-PF syringes could out-perform a genuine PF spore syringe,
even though I NEVER could see any spores whatsoever in the Prof's product.

All of this is moot, really - the big question is, if you had to go back and do it again,
knowing now how you got busted, etc., and how that (maybe) could have been avoided,
what would you do differently?

I can certainly appreciate the idea of doing something right yourself, the first time,
but what advice would you give to the next generation concerning the setup and operation
of a grey-market business like spore vending?

Thanks for the posts and the info - food for thought :)

sol

#486 don't know

don't know

Prof. Fanaticus

• Expired Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 04:45 PM

SOLIVAR ASKS:
All of this is moot, really - the big question is, if you had to go back and do it again,
knowing now how you got busted, etc., and how that (maybe) could have been avoided, what would you do differently?
------------------------------
answer- that's a great question! thanx for asking that. I have thought about that all along. Here is what I really think I should have done. I should have only sold spore syringes along with a simple agar jar tek (kind of like the PF TEK - but only with agar - I used to do that - you just sterilize some malt extract agar in a 1/2 pint narrow mouth canning jar and cover the top with tin foil. After you sterilize it and the agar sets nice - you use the syringe and stick it through the top of the tin foil and drip several drops onto the agar surface. Then you put some tape over the little hole and in several days you got a nice white clean culture to do with as you please - like attempting to grow shrooms the old ways which works just fine if you are determined. That is how I did it for years - pre PF TEK)., I should have never released the PF TEK. And then, when the WEB came along, I would have posted photos of nice shroom fruitings with the PF TEK hidden from view. I would have never made the success I had, but I am sure, I would still be doing it now and making probably a normal working man's wage. I could have charged way more than $10 a syringe in that scenario. It was the PF TEK - plus the syringes that made PF a success. The syringe thing was already revealed in many of the older magic mushroom growing teks (including the Oss and Oeric book and Stamets first book - 1978). The PF TEK was the new thing.

And maybe also, I would have concentrated on a big "RELIGIOUS" aspect of the shrooms. Maybe that would have scared off some cops too.

But it was the PF TEK that did me in and I think most people know that by now.

The Professor
---------------------------
*** Hippie3

Site Admin (35,029)
Hippie3*Quote* *Quick Reply*
#4* 04-24-05, 23:40
you never mention another option-
spend some of all that $$$ to rent a 'safe house'
away from your home
to do the growing

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer :

When I first moved out here, I sent bottles of spore solution to my Seattle house where my Step daughter lived and they had a HEPA blower and I showed them how to sterilize syringes and load them. I did that for about a year or two until they both quit and left town (went to NYC). Then I had to start using the mail out here. In the Discovery, there are photos (a special camera was installed at the Seattle post office for box 22009 and there is a very cute photo in the discover of my step daughter and her boy friend delivering box fulls of syringe boxes with smiles on thier faces). The feds know everything.

and to rent a "safe" house would not have worked.
I was followed - especially by the Park Rangers. They don't have anything else
to do - they got an easy job and most of them hate their jobs out here because
they are mostly guys and there aint squat for chick action. In the Discovery there was a big write up how they watched me wander around the deer field opposite the North Shore ranger station (even more isolated than were I lived) looking for lib caps (they didn't know I was looking for lib caps - in fact, they didn't even know they were out there in the fall) which even if I would have spotted some, I wouldn't have picked any until it was safe (no one around - especially rangers - it is illegal to pick anything in the park. But then the discovery goes on to say, that when I left in my white pick up, two park rangers jumped into their WHite pickup with the cop logo on the door and followed me up the road and encountered me coming back. I probably waved to them like I always do but little did I know, I was under surveillance for years. But no one ever saw my little grow op except father and son the snitches.

Plus, I was followed and checked out by the D.E.A. special agent himself a few months (In September - and then the raid in February) before the raid (revealed in the DISCOVERY - documents from the prosecutors office about their investigation that they have to reveal to the defense team by law). Not only that, there is some amazing shit in the DISCOVERY that we have no idea how they knew it. Like for instance - my sister in law lived down the street and had a back yard that was totally isolated from the road - a drive around and surrounded by the rain forest. In the Discovery, there is a thing were we are standing around her house in the back and I am talking to a guy who was working as my handyman. We were doing some caulking shit and had several caulking "guns". That was in the discovery and the discovery described us talking about caulking and TRANSPORTING the caulk to my house further up the road. (funny eh? CAULK GUN trafficking!!) So there must have been some sort of camera or something installed in some tree in the woods in back of her house or maybe on the Satellite dish?) Anyway, the feds never saw any trafficking or constant activity because there never was any. But if there was, they would have known, and the fact we live way out here - 4 miles up North shore road up towards the end of the lake smack dab in the rain forest with only one road in and out) shows that if they want to watch you, by damned they can! That's their job.
-------------------------------------------------------------
*** pcsillypj

Mycophiliac (66)
pscillypj*Quote* *Quick Reply*
#5* 04-24-05, 23:48
lol....i bought my first spore syringe from you
when i was 14 for 10 dollars....lol...good times..
i used to say they were the best..but now all the
other vendors know the seceret of making awsome syringes...
thnx to hippie and all my other felow topians'......
------------------------------------------------------------------------
answer

And also, it is very easy to make a good spore syringe - all one really needs is
a simple hand box type isolation thing for a pefect never ending supply.
When I first started back in the 70's,
a friend of mine gave me a nice (tall kind) 20 gallon aquarium with a little crack in it.
He then made a plexiglass cover that fit tight into the top and
put a couple of arms holes that fit me. I used lysol spray and I made clean
prints all the time and made clean spore solutions also. Very low tek but
perfect for a hobbyiest. I remember the aroma of the lysol spay and every
time I smell that aroma, I get pleasant flashbacks. Plus I had a plant light
suspended above it and it looked beautiful set up in the closet where I would
do my cultures.

Plus, I had at the FANATICUS.COM web site an excellent spore syringe making tek
that I think is the best there is for the hobbyiest - using wide mouth
1/2 pint jars. It's an absolute no brainer to make good spore syringes for yourself.
There are many such teks on how to make a spore syringe, but I think mine is the
best for the hobbyiest. It will be on line again next month, as long as I get the fuck
off of probation in the one year early termination of probation for non violent types
who have no VICTIMS, RESTITUTION, FINES TO BE PAID, COMUNITY SERVICE LEFT TO PERFORM, DRUG TREATMENT TO BE COMPLETED or DIRTY U.A.'s ect. I am clear on all of that, and I suck up to my
probation officer when he does his surprise visits. I always greet him at the door with
a fun hello and immediate invite in and sit with him and discuss stuff. I even played a tune for him and he went nuts telling me why the hell did I bother with the shroom spore thing and just play. He finds my projects interesting. So I am well sucked up and he says all I need is passing with his supervisor and I am OUT - free to do the fuck what I want.

OH yea, and somebody suggested why not come back selling spore syringes without any TEK stuff. I bet I could do that - but I sure wouldn't use the old name - PF or FANATICUS. But then, it wouldn't be worth it. I would have to join the huge plethora of spore venders as just another fucking spore vender - not that there is anything wrong with being "just another" spore vender, it is just that I am rightfully paranoid. I get flashbacks of the raid and my short stint at the Federal Detention Center up near Tacoma. Fuck that. But if I did become a spore vender, first, I would have to have no wife, and I would move to another state, change me name and I would have to under price everyone. Have you noticed that SPOREWORKS syringe prices are 18 bucks each?

The Professor

#487 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 25 April 2005 - 05:49 PM

I should rephrase what I said in my last post. I will never order from that particular vendor again. This goes back to what PF was trying to say. If you trust someone else to make prints/syringes then you are also trusting them with your business and your reputation. The particular vendor I am speaking of may use someone else to make his syringes/prints if so he should rethink that. If he is making them himself he should rethink his own technique. It is just too coincidental that the only time I ordered form him all three syringes had a problem and I am sure the contamination did not come from my practices. Point is: If you really want to be sure about the quality of your prints/syringes make them yourself and if you are in the business of selling prints/syringes you really need to make sure that they are of good quality otherwise customers will go the way I did; alternative routes.

#488 Guest_pcsillypj_*

Guest_pcsillypj_*

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:44 AM

:).....
lol....you always seem to find your
way back to the topia....;)

i find the very same thing happening
all the time to myself....lmao..:)

#489 don't know

don't know

Prof. Fanaticus

• Expired Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:22 PM

Yeah, I like the way it works around here. Plus, I think the Shroomery is great too.

In fact there are several others that I have found, but Mycotopia and Shroomery
are the most serious.

When FANATICUS.COM was running and I was selling syringes (before the raid)
I had MYCOTOPIA as the "best interactive magic shroom web site on the web"
and linked.

The Professor

#490 Guest_pcsillypj_*

Guest_pcsillypj_*

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:07 PM

hehe....yeah....
:)

#491 blackout

blackout

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 10:15 AM

I always got my syringes from fanaticus. I understand having to make them yourself to guarantee quality. I remember a vendor called sporechicks that sold some contamed syringes and shut up shop (probably opened under another name).
What about taking a holiday to holland once a year and knocking up a huge amount of spore prints to bring home, or organise growers, then go over and supervise the printing process.

As for releasing the PF tek, could this have been done by a puppet, the puppet recommending PF syringes but you claiming to have no knowledge of them?

#492 dark_reaper

dark_reaper

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 11:45 AM

Taking a holiday once a year wouldn't work-spores degrade in quality over time.

#493 Slimlilshroomer

Slimlilshroomer

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 02:34 PM

It is kinda of a idiotic move to be slinging spores which are border line legal as it is and to be growing them in your own place. hip is right rent a apartment in a cheap place to do the growing. prefrebly in some ones name not associated with the spore business. but thats just me i send nothing to my house or in my own name.

#494 cowpoop

cowpoop

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 04:19 PM

it's probably not the smartest idea to go into the spore biz again.

cowpoop

#495 Lefty

Lefty

Arrogant Asshole

• Expired Member
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 04:25 PM

Clean Poop, good to see you around! Glad you didn't get lost in the shuffles(s).

#496 cat

cat

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 06:01 PM

Everyone critizes you, but I think you are the true believer in shrooms! Your guide helped me accomplish to perfection! God bless you! You wrote the book on this shit! Eh, do you have a favourite strain by any chance?

#497 spartan

spartan

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 10:21 PM

Hey prof.

was your Home address listed as the owner of the
P.O. box where the spore orders were sent?

Could you have opened an anonomis mail box?
so you couldn't be traced?

but then theres the website thing...

Spartan

#498 l33t

l33t

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:22 AM

the post office where he had his box was under surveillance. They saw / recorded him drop off / pick up orders a few times before even making any moves.

#499 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:14 AM

this is silly
to have folks who have never been in the business
posting their criticisms and suggestions years after the fact.
i'm closing this thread.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!