Fisana

- - - - -

The Fanaticus Chronicles

• Please log in to reply
498 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_billy_*

Guest_billy_*

Posted 10 July 2004 - 05:17 PM

But if you can get it online through the mail, that is very hip.

But know that your upcoming experiment is very important, because if the isopropyl works good, that is going to be THE WAY to do it, making all other ways obsolete because of the cheapness and easy availability of the alki.

So I would suggest heating the slurry for several minutes, stir it up good and filter it immediately. And be sure and check for the crystals, either in the solution as the crystals come out of free base after the extracted solution cools and sits over night, or in evaporating it and doing another extraction to see if you can get more.

The Professor

#42 Guest_billy_*

Guest_billy_*

Posted 10 July 2004 - 05:27 PM

This is from Alexander Shulgin's experiments on himself using psilocin that he made himself in his lab. In one of the experiences he reports naseau but in the following one with a higher dose, he didn't report that. So I might want to think that the jury might still be out on the truly "clean and naseau free" experience of a truly full blown trip. A lot of people just have a light trip and they think they really have tripped. It is hard to get the real truth out of people about all of this.

(with 7 mg, orally) "Basically I am not in a pleasant place -- quite neurotic -- inwardly turned -- a touch of despair -- considerable visual activity and if I were with someone I might find some sort of reinforcement. The apathy and unpleasantness is ebbing now. My mood might have been negative, and the psilocybin simply amplified everything. There was some intensification of the lights and darks around me."

(with 10 mg, orally) "Approximately forty minutes after the start, there was a flutter and a very high, stimulated feeling, and gradually things began to move very rapidly. It was astounding. When I closed my eyes I saw so many fantastically beautiful patterns, textures, colors. Everywhere I looked, eyes open, the colors were brilliant. The house looked absolutely gorgeous and nature was simply spectacular. It was a little frightening, almost too exciting, after the gentleness of other substances. I could not believe that I was doing it, and that I had the power within myself to see such beauty. I don't know how long this went on but the motion was so rapid that I felt a sort of motion sickness. Then I became quite nauseated and remained nauseated the rest of the day, until things quieted down in the evening, and then I felt absolutely wonderful."

(with 15 mg, orally) "My 'early warning system' alerted me at fifteen minutes, then all was quiet for a while. I start building up again, and I am awfully glad that I am familiar with this transition. Visual distortions. Things distract me. I can't find the cap to my pen -- must I keep writing forever? At this point I couldn't drive, let alone write, and it is just a bit more than a half hour since I took it. The furniture in my office is moving up and down. I lie down, and close my eyes. THIS is where it is at. Visuals are wild. Even with eyes open, with no visual target, there are imaginative visual effects. I imagine a dark room with a fire place going in the middle of the night, with no other inputs, and with my eyes closed I have the body image of being seated in front of that fire and I am amazed by the hallucinations and distortions I am seeing there only there is no fireplace as I am still lying in my darkened bedroom. Sort of a 2x removed hallucination. This is a night-time drug -- the day-light washes everything out. I tried but could not repeat the fireplace thing, and must be dropping rapidly. At three hours I ask if I would try some other experiment. OK, but there are some reservations. At four hours, no reservations."

(with 15 mg, orally) "As soon as I felt the chill and the alert, I lay down and closed my eyes. Indian motif. Abundant fruits, vegetables, leaves, straw, wood, vines. Very responsive sexually. Beautiful, stern, rich encounter with livingness and Indian Gods and serenity. Color and peacefulness. A couple of hours, then elaborateness dropped slightly. At this point top of temple easy, but it was a South American temple, with earth floor, straw, vines full of fruit. Familiar feeling. We are naked and we are children-adults, daring to be there, regarded benignly (stern, amused) (rising through the floor). This is one of the true ones, this plant experience.
(with 12 mg phosphate ester, intramuscularly) "This is strong. There were a lot of wild images in about two hours, and I thought that the day would never end. At about six hours I knew it would, but in fact in the evening I took 100 milligrams of seconal which allowed me to drift into a fine sleep. The next day I was fine."

#43 Guest_the_*

Guest_the_*

Posted 12 July 2004 - 03:54 PM

OK, Soliver's laboratory is back from the 4th of July celebration,
the chemist has sobered up and directed the pilot of his
Jumbo Research Jet to head back over international waters.
Pics and writeup of the super hi-tek setup he has to isolate the
psilly with 99% iso to be seen here:

http://www.mycotopia...html?1089660277

Posted Image

soliver

#44 yogi

yogi

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:16 AM

If I may pose a question (or opinion) about your tek it is this.
While spawning grain to compost or straw is certainly much more high yielding and therefore practical in bulk, it would seem to me that PF tek was designed with a different end in mind. It would seem that it was designed as a simple and straightforward way for people to grow their own mushrooms while at the same time being self limiting. It seems to have been designed to reduce the temptation to grow in bulk for sale and therefore protect the grower from that temptation and the possible trouble it can bring. Could you respond to that assumption?

#45 peter

peter

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:30 AM

Question #1 : You ever drink that liqouer they left behind that awful day?

Question #2 : I'm an animator on the east coast. I'm quite young and alot of my influence comes from psycedelic experiences, and mind fucks of the like. I was wondering if you would ever consider scoring a musically driven animated film? Either of a psycedelic/psycological nature or a short story of some sort. Considering your background of music.

(Message edited by h2o on July 15, 2004)

#46 Guest_billy_*

Guest_billy_*

Posted 15 July 2004 - 11:04 AM

Yogi (Yogi)
Username: Yogi
Post Number: 383
Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 06:16 am:
-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
If I may pose a question (or opinion) about your tek it is this.
While spawning grain to compost or straw is certainly much more high yielding and therefore practical in bulk, it would seem to me that PF tek was designed with a different end in mind. It would seem that it was designed as a simple and straightforward way for people to grow their own mushrooms while at the same time being self limiting. It seems to have been designed to reduce the temptation to grow in bulk for sale and therefore protect the grower from that temptation and the possible trouble it can bring. Could you respond to that assumption?

ANSWER - spawning to compost takes a lot more time and work. The PF TEK gave me more shrooms in the long run because it was much faster and easier. A lot of people say that the PF TEK is not as good yielding as big compost set ups. I disagree. I been there and done that. Once you get your PF style growing down, you will be amazed at the huge yields that will pile up over time and with compost, you are restricted in your compost availability because you allways have to wait for your compost to finish and then there is the BUGS and SLUGS. Spawning to compost has many steps and if you get contamination - you are sunk with all of that work down the drain. With the PF TEK, that is elliminated as long as your spore syringe is clean.

Peter Oaks (H2o)
Username: H2o
Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 03:30 pm:
-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
Question #1 : You ever drink that liqouer they left behind that awful day?

ANSWER - No because I was in no mood to get high on Shrooms. The house was a mess and I just got out of jail and I was facing the feds. Me and my wife just got drunk instead.

Question #2 : I'm an animator on the east coast. I'm quite young and alot of my influence comes from psycedelic experiences, and mind fucks of the like. I was wondering if you would ever consider musically driven animated films? Either of a psycedelic/psycological nature or a short story of some sort. Considering your background of music.

ANSWER - that is a cool thing, but I don't have the knowledge to add music to videos. That is a pretty heavy computer thing and my computer knowledge is about High School level if that. But i am going to start recording my new CD soon and with proper clearance and copyright , I would always consider allowing the usage of original music for stuff like that (but of course, the music has to be good and the film maker must like the music to begin with which is another matter all together.

The Professor

#47 peter

peter

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:44 PM

PF-

Where can I find some of your musical works?

#48 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 6,875 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:20 PM

Welcome to 'topia Peter!

#49 peter

peter

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:54 PM

Ah, yes. A privilege to be here. As we ourselves are like a mycelium network with benefits invaluable to each other.

#50 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 15 July 2004 - 04:30 PM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

The PF TEK gave me more shrooms in the long run because it was much faster and easier. A lot of people say that the PF TEK is not as good yielding as big compost set ups. I disagree. I been there and done that. Once you get your PF style growing down, you will be amazed at the huge yields that will pile up over time <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

i agree,
there really is no substitute for the
RELIABILITY of the pf tek.
it works 99% of the time.
that matters,
no one likes to see a casing turn green
after putting in so much hard work to get that far.
i wish i had a dollar for every pound of grain i've had to toss.
quite frankly i view grain teks as obsolete,
the pf tek made it so.
the invitro tek perfected it.
one almost NEVER loses an invitro jar before harvest.
no rubbermaids, no whole rooms or closets converted to grow mushrooms, no humidifiers, no pressure cookers,
just simple reliable elegance.

#51 Guest_billy_*

Guest_billy_*

Posted 15 July 2004 - 09:27 PM

Thanx HIP. I been growing for going on 30 years and I had quite a relationship with fresh dairy cow shit, wheat straw and gypsum made into a layer cake in a bin and allowed to compost. I have plenty of experience there. But when I discovered growing on BROWN RICE CAKES alla Pollock and then discovered that when you use a humidifier in your growing chamber, the brown rice cakes gave me more in the long run because I could line up the cakes PHALLANX style and have a continueing supply that would soon become a big pile of great shrooms.

What was interesting, is that when I grew on plain brown rice cakes, without electronic humidification to achieve 100% humidity, they would mostly fail to green mold.

PF cakes are a whole other thing all together. They don't need 100% humidity at all. They do great at less humidity which makes humidifiers totally obsolete.

And PETE - I have no music that is available except stuff I would rather you not know about (sucks). But I am starting to record my new shit and as soon as I got a finished CD, expect me to spamm.

The Professor

#52 Guest_sweetness_*

Guest_sweetness_*

Posted 16 July 2004 - 06:37 AM

<font color="0000ff">Saw a friend of mine, 'K' at a club here who called me over to meet a 'good freind' of his. I was introduced to this guy in a wheel chair who I stood and talked to while K went to get us drinks. Stayed and talked to them for awhile until they both had to go back stage. The guy was polite and funny, very relaxed.

When the show started I did a double take as the guy in the wheelchair was assisted on stage. It was Buddy Miles. (I had come there to see Vassar Clements.) My friend K found me and we laughed about my having no clue.

Couple yrs later,I introduced K to another friend of mine, a former member of an Atl BG band who has a 24 track digi recording studio in Atl. They are now just putting the finishing touches on his cd featuring Buddy on several tracks. Also features Vassar and a few other familiar names.

But that night it was Vassar and Buddy. Not a combination one would think of putting together musically but it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Every drummer from every local band was there and just stood silent in awe of Buddy Miles. I've never seen anyone play the drums like that. Prob never will. It was truly awesome. And its so good to see him working again.

That's my little Buddy Miles story.Posted Image Fortunately for me things like that happen quite frequently. </font>

#53 Guest_billy_*

Guest_billy_*

Posted 16 July 2004 - 02:04 PM

You could have asked him about "Billy McPherson". He would say he knows me. I gigged with him back in 1968 and 1970 and recorded several albums with him. (my name is on the album cover - that's vinyl, not CD). We even opened for Hendrix several times and got to meet him. Hendrix remained real all during his career and never came on like other big stars (like Lenny Kravitz and all those other hack copy cats).

Yeah man, Buddy is awesome. He knew the art of simplicity. ANd when he wanted to, he could kick in some real power. The power wasn't in strength of hitting, but accuracy and efficiency. he keeps his hands and sticks close to the snare and high hat making for great time and smoothness.

Professor Fanaticus

#54 Guest_sweetness_*

Guest_sweetness_*

Posted 16 July 2004 - 02:40 PM

<font color="0000ff">Cool. Hopefully I'll get to meet up with him again. He seemed like good people. </font>

#55 Guest_billy_*

Guest_billy_*

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:03 PM

Here is an interesting story about Buddy. After the electric flag broke up, Columbia records wanted Buddy really bad. But Buddy got somehow teamed up with a couple of (looking in retrospect) ass hole rip off managers (wife and husband team). They got Buddy to fuck off Columbia records great offer and got Buddy to sign with Mercury records. I suppose the deal was that the managers cashed in on it heavily.

I did Buddies first album as the Buddy Miles Express on Mercury (expressway to your skull). There was one tune that kicked ass - It was called TRAIN TIME or something like that. It had the word "TRAIN" in it. But it was as funky as they come, with a great vocal and amazing groove. It was released as a single, but Mercury records put no promo into it so it died along with Buddies momentum from his stardom with the Electric Flag.

Buddy was only a teenager at the time (although he looked a lot older being a big fat black dude) and he was apparantly (looking in retrospect) very immature. He got into drugs but he couldn't really handle them and just went goffy. He had a hard time but he did live the life and played and sang his ass off before millions of people.

I think his wheel chair thing is due to diabetes because of his life long battle with extreme weight. But what was really astonishing about Buddy was his amazing vocal ability and ability to sign high and clear. He was almost to good of a singer to be a "rock and roller". I mean, dig Mick Jagger. God damn does he suck as a singer, but his delivery is what makes Jagger the King of the English rockers.

The Prof

#56 Guest_sweetness_*

Guest_sweetness_*

Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:06 AM

<font color="0000ff">Right on. So on his website I see a link (now broken) to 'PF's Nice Buddy Site'. Any resemblence?

One of my dearest friends wrote most of the songs on K's cd. Some of them were put together in my living room with the guys working out arrangements. Its so good to see them pull this thing together. A true homegrown spirit as some of the artists have been quite charitable with their time to see this project completed. Buddy and Vassar certainly have.
</font>

#57 Guest_billy_*

Guest_billy_*

Posted 17 July 2004 - 03:55 AM

Right on. So on his website I see a link (now broken) to 'PF's Nice Buddy Site'. Any resemblence?
-------------------------------------------------- -------
Wha? That doesn't compute. I haven't talked to or seen Buddy Miles in over 30 years!!!

please clarify

The Prof

#58 Guest_sweetness_*

Guest_sweetness_*

Posted 17 July 2004 - 06:36 AM

<font color="0000ff">LOL I was just surfing and pulled up the link. Thought it funny that it said that on the main menu. Obviously that site isn't maintained.

Link

Anyway, got a kick outta seeing 'PF' after discussing it here. Just a coinky dink.</font>

#59 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 02 June 2004 - 06:25 AM

ok,
i'm going to be interviewing PF
over the next several days.
we're going to be asking him questions about his career as PF, the mastermind behind the PF TEK
that revolutionized the hobby of home cultivation of mushrooms.
we'll also be getting his unique perspective on life, religion, etc.

so what i'm looking for in this threads
is for your input
on possible questions you would like
to have me ask PF.

#60 Guest_redmonk_*

Guest_redmonk_*

Posted 02 June 2004 - 08:30 AM

Would the PF Tek have been developed had it not been for the earlier "McKenna" tek (their pioneering home-grow book from the early 70's) ?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!