Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

A Bag 'o shit and some peat... now what to do?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 06:19 PM

Naaaaa. Mine didn't smell at all. In fact, the only smell came from the coir. Is your pooo a little on the sandy side as far as the texture?

#22 insight

insight

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 824 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 06:26 PM

It feels like moist fine verm. It definetly isnt hard or compacted. The only other bag of crap they had was some store brand that was like .99 for the same 50Lb bag.

#23 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 06:38 PM

I'm using a composted poultry/humus shit that's kinda sandy feeling. It was $1.99 for a 40lb bag. So far so good.

Attached Thumbnails

• Poo.jpg

#24 insight

insight

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 824 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 06:57 PM

You know, now I feel like an ass! I was at the store and seem organic humus, and was like, nope, not a bag of crap... I need crap. So I didnt get it and got crap instead. Whats worse than this, I even read your thread before I left and it still didnt click when I was at the store!

#25 insight

insight

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 824 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 07:00 PM

Hey Looper, let me ask you something, cause Im really confused now. In your other thread, Rodger mentions to pasteurize in a quart jar, not in the open. I did the pillow case and just pulled it out of the water. Was I not supposed to go this route?

#26 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 07:04 PM

RR mentioned that the jars just help contain the mess. I actually did mine in the wide open with a spaghetti pot, no lid. And then after the pasturization process I squeezed the mixture down to field capacity, then mixed into my straw which was rung out to field capacity also. So far, so good. Knock on wood. LOL

#27 insight

insight

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 824 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 07:06 PM

Oh, I see. Good luck with the humus.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!