Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Can psylicibin be detected by urine test?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 hypercomm

hypercomm

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:31 PM

Will mushes show in a urine test?? I know they test for allot of stuff, were tring to decide if my buddy should risk it-----any info will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Hyper:headbang:

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:11 PM

they can be
but the test is expensive
they generally only do it
if they suspect use.

#3 apokalypse

apokalypse

Dr. Durgs

• Expired Member
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:19 PM

So testing for THC/LSD is more common/cheaper? What do the tests normally search for?

#4 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:35 PM

pee test arnt looking for lsd. more opiates coke thc alchohol mdma...

#5 hypercomm

hypercomm

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:41 PM

Thanks people!

#6 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:01 PM

plz do not misunderstand-
the risk & danger is still very real-
it's a crap shoot.
most times the form your P.O. fills out ordering the drug test is multiple choice,
ranging from amphetamines to opiates and cannabis, etc.
how many boxes he/she checks varies,
i've heard of 6-way tests that tested for six drugs at once but sometimes they just test for one,
almost always cannabis.
but you'll not know until too late.
so be prepared for consequences
if you take the risk and lose the bet.
your P.O. doesn't care
how much the test costs,
not his/her money.

#7 SWIM

SWIM

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:53 PM

As a contract tech, I take pre-employment whizz quizzes every couple of years. It's a standard 5-pack - thc, amps, opiates, coke and pcp. I was surprised to learn that they are getting positives for pcp, but I guess it's around here somewhere. There's a standard cup with all five plus a temperature strip.

#8 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:04 PM

employment tests are not as thorough
as probation & parole

#9 lyqwyd

lyqwyd

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 658 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:17 PM

to clarify above^^^ pre-emp tests are usually only thin layer chromatography (TLC) which is like a pregnancy test, where a line shows up if neg and if no line pos. parole tests are almost always sent to a lab for gc/ms (gas chromatography/mass spectrometry) these tests are mush more accurate and precise. the only time an employer will send ur test to a lab is if u show up positive for something. MOST psychedelics (not including cannabis and PCP) are NOT tested for in either kind of test. TLC im pretty sure is not accurate enough to test for psychedelics, but GC/MS definetly will detect them IF they are being looked for. also, psychedlics have an extreemly short half life in the body, and usually most folks arent getting spun off their gourds every day so the blood is not saturated. i think 3 days is plenty of time to pee clean. standard five pack is opiates cocaine thc amphet pcp, as someone above said. MDMA is an amphetamine!!! crack IS cocaine!!! any opiate will show up as an opiate, poppy seeds to diesel. pee tests are nerve racking sometimes. gluck n be safe hypercomm

#10 GoVols

GoVols

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:45 PM

I was on probation for a while. After a year, never having had a drug test my po informs me via telephone a few days prior to my monthly meeting that I would be getting drug tested.

The day before I had smoked a lot of pot and I was nervious as hell. Anyway, I just "ran late" the day of my meeting.

He already left for the day, and I didnt have to pee. They never tested me.

Two things to keep in mind was the fact that my po appeard to like me, and I was not there for a drug offence.

Im not sure how your po would handle it if you just blew off a drug test, mine didnt seem to care.

#11 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:52 PM

blowing off
a urine test
is normally treated the same as
pissing dirty,
i.e. a violation.

#12 4fit

4fit

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:59 AM

As hippie3 said, there is a list on the form and usually the only ones marked off are because of suspected use. A FOAF was just tested recently and was only tested for marijuana use.
Posted Image

#13 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:59 AM

least lsd can only be detected in piss for 2-5 days if at all.

#14 wayback

wayback

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:10 AM

I have read about the piss test for shrooms during the course of the last year, buat acid is a different story. If I'm not mistaken, LSD can only be traced in the blood stream for the first 15 minutes or so, after that, the chemical enters the brain where it starts to trigger all sorts of other neurotransmitters.

In short, they don't know what the hell happens to this substance at that juncture. If they have gotten it down to doing urine test with LSD I'd be suprized, because one of the problems with testing for acid is the weight. When one tries to follow micograms (say maybe a good 300 parts per million) throughout the body it get increasingly difficult.

The basic way they test is by the weight of the substance in the urine, that's why it took them so long to come up with a more reliable THC test. I remember the first time I was that I got locked up for 45 days in a work camp scenario, they only had a saliva Test that could be employed if the man caught you smoking, and that had to usually be within the first 15-20 for the test to have any degree of accuracy.

Granted, big brother has come a long way towards testing for everything, and one day they will have the technology to test for everything, however, there are always miscreants like me that will assidiously seek to escape Government control. Buzz on brothers.

#15 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:45 AM

lsd is tested, read the list on the form he posted-

Attached Thumbnails

• P1000242.jpg

#16 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:45 AM

http://peyote.com/jonstef/lsd.htm

if u scroll most the way down to the drug testing part it has some good info on lsd testing.

Drug Testing No risk. Its not looked for, hard to find, and transient. A maximum concentration of 2-8 ng/ml [Plasma concentration of LSD] was reached 1.0-1.25 h after an oral dose of 160 ug. ...[A] value of 2.9 h for the elimination half-life of LSD from plasma [was reached]. [Upshall, D.G., Wailling, D.G.: The determination of LSD in human plasma following oral administration. Clinica Chimica Acta 36, 67-73 (1972)] Second of all, LSD and its metabolites are detectable in the urine for much longer than one hour. "LSD and its metabolites were still detectable in human urine for as long as 4 days after the ingestion of 0.2 mg of the drug. [Faed, E.M., McLeod, W.R.: A urine screening test of lysergide. Journal of Chromatographic Science. 11, 4-6 (1973)] Note that standard, cheap initial drug screening does not use chromatography or mass-spectrometry, and does not look for LSD. Spinal taps are not particularly useful (cerebro-spinal fluid doesn't concentrate LSD or metabolites) and are never done under any circumstances: they are painful and dangerous. You might want to mention that Abbie Hoffman's _Steal This Urine Test_ has a table which claims lsd is detectable for 40 days. I'm almost sure this was a typo 1] How long can LSD be detected in the body? This varies by the test being used, the detection limit placed on the test, the point of collection and type of the sample fluid, the amount of LSD that was taken, and the individual in question. Assuming the testers are using an RIA screening test with the cutoff set at 0.1 ng/ml and assuming that the user has recently emptied their bladder, then the detection limit for one hit (100 ug) is normally around 30 hours. Each doubling of the initial amount will add about 5 hours. Thus taking 8 hits will leave a user vulnerable for approximately 2 days. (NOTE: This is based on the data in [7]) >
2] What exact form of test can be used to detect LSD in the body? There are a number of tests which can be used to detect LSD in the body. Abuscreen, a product of Roche Diagnostic Systems, is a series of RadioImmunoAssay (RIA) tests, one of which is used to detect LSD and its metabolites in whole blood, serum (blood), urine and stomach contents [1]. RIA can in theory be used to detect quantities as small as 0.020 nanograms (ng) per milliliter (ml) of sample [2]. Laboratory tests have shown that RIA results are accurate down to at least 0.1 ng/ml [3]. The manufacturer recommends limiting the cutoff to 0.5 ng/ml. EMIT, a product of Syva Corporation, is another series of tests, one of which can be used to detect LSD and its metabolites in serum and urine. EMIT stands for Enzyme Multiplied Immunoassay Technique. Both EMIT and Abuscreen are "positive/negative" response tests (much like pregnancy tests) which require periodic equipment calibration and consume chemicals for each test performed. A basic battery of tests costs approx. $15-$25 per person [4]. The basic tests (recommended by NIDA) include marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, opiates, and phencyclidine (PCP). Normally, unless an (employer) specifically requests the test, an LSD assay is not run. Both Roche and Syva recommend confirmation of positive results by using a different test. The usual method of confirming positive results is some form of chromatography. These include High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography (HPTLC)[3], and different forms of Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS)[5][6][7][8][9]. HPTLC and GC/MS can be used to give quantitative results as opposed to the Boolean results from EMIT or Abuscreen. Laboratory tests have shown that GC/MS test for LSD in urine[6] and blood[7] can be accurate down to 0.1 ng/ml. The cost for confirmation of a positive screening test is approximately $50-60. Positive results to either EMIT and RIA are held to be "probable cause" by U.S. courts. GC/MS results are held to be "proof" by U.S. courts. > I am asking for an actual text message containing a short, precise > description of each test, Immunoassays chemicals are created by injecting animals (rabbits, sheep, donkey, etc) with the drug to be tested for and an albumin which force the animal to produce antibodies. The antibodies are then removed from the animal, purified and bottled. In RIA tests, the antibodies are then added to the fluid sample with a radioactively labeled chemical. Any of the drug (or similar chemicals) found in a sample that is being tested will react with this glop and by measuring the radioactivity, the amount of drugs can be determined [2][10]. > 3] How can such a test be beaten? While there is some literature on adulterating urine samples to produce false negative results [11], there has been little written that applies specifically to the LSD screening tests. I would suggest you read the article posted by Paul Hager paying particular attention to the warning about water intoxication [12]: In [email protected]> [email protected] wrote + Recommended: "Dealing With Urine Tests on Short Notice" + by Dale Gieringer, California NORML + + Most folks recommend that people hydrate themselves -- the idea + being that by drinking water and taking a diuretic that will + promote water loss, the urine will be very dilute and THC metabolite + content from "tomatoe" consumption will drop below the 100 ng/ml + threshold that defines a "positive". + + Mr. Gieringer recommends that, the day before the test, the + person drink lots of water. I would amend this to, drink your + normal "8 glasses" plus a few more. Don't get carried away with + drinking water -- there is such a thing as "water intoxication" + which can result in brain swelling and other nasties so don't + chug-a-lug a gallon of water just before the test. After + hydrating, and a little before the test, drink some more water + and use a diuretic (coffee is a weak diuretic). Urinate to + flush the bladder -- the first urination of the day is the + one most charged with metabolites. The pamphlet quotes from + a _High Times_ article, "How to Beat a Drug Test": + + Take an 80 mg dose of the prescription diuretic Lasix + (furosemide); take a hefty drink of water; piss two + or three times; then take the test. + + Some caution is to be exercised in taking diuretics. Consult + your physician. + + Mr. Gieringer also suggests that the clear, watery urine that + results from the above procedure is sometimes suspicious. He + recommends taking 50-100 mg of vitamin B2 which will color + urine yellow for a couple of hours. Vitamin C does not produce + this effect -- contrary to rumor. + + For more information, I'd suggest contacting California NORML + directly at (415) 563-5858. They are located in San Francisco. + It is also possible that Mr. Gieringer will respond directly + via his canorml account. > I am asking for ...[a description]... of each thing that LSD leaves behind > that can be detected, and of each method used to beat each test. The immunsoassay tests vary in their specificity. Some display a relatively low cross-reactivity[13], others a high cross-reactivity[14]. The exact metabolites of LSD in humans have not been fully determined yet, though animal studies have been done. The only verified human metabolite I could find in the literature was N-demethyl-LSD[6] but I did not check all the references. LEGAL SCHEDULING: Class I, "no medical use" --- mostly for political reasons, as it was and is used in psychotherapy. (Current use is in Switzerland.)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!