• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 condeviernes

condeviernes

Peroniste

• Free Member
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:01 AM

Hello! This is my first post Posted Image !!
Can someone tell me how many syringes can i get from a sporeprint?? I have an EQ sporeprint, and plans to raise them invitro...
thx!

#2 insight

insight

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 824 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:59 AM

Depending on how big and dark the print is, anywhere from 5-10 syringes to 1 print.

And welcome to 'topia!

(Message edited by insight on February 15, 2005)

#3 Guest_ªb·sinth_*

Guest_ªb·sinth_*

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:37 AM

welcome to 'topia!! Check the archives for sterile syringe making techniques

Usually I make 4-6 syringes from an average print

#4 Guest_rodger_*

Guest_rodger_*

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:43 AM

Welcome! Since you're first starting out, may I recommend you purchase a syringe from a reputable vendor for your first grow. You could make your own of course, but there are so many fatal(to your project) steps in the learning curve with this hobby, it's a good idea to jump one hurdle at a time. Sometimes, we end up with failures caused by multiple reasons and it's so frustrating, many new growers simply give up. Good luck and we're here to help!

#5 Guest_owen_*

Guest_owen_*

Posted 15 February 2005 - 10:09 AM

Good advice from roger there, i ignored his advice when i first started out as i wanted to start growing Cyanencens before doing cubies...they were right alas...if you do have a go at making the sryinge yourself make sure you take great care with making it in sterile conditions etc

http://www.mushmush.nl/?page=home\methods\making_a_sporesyringe

if all this is patronising then ignore where applicable.

#6 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 03:08 PM

Welcome! And you might want to take Rodger's advice. Making syringes can be a little touchy.

#7 condeviernes

condeviernes

Peroniste

• Free Member
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 04:02 PM

Thx for the answers...The fact is that the prints are a gift from a friend and here in Argentine is hard to get syringes...Only one vendor and only sporeprints...the only good thing is that they are really cheap!Posted Image
In these days i will try these tek...thx again!

#8 insight

insight

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 824 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 04:14 PM

The most important thing, especially with creating syringes, is a contam free enviorment. Distilled, boiled water, new, sterile syringes, washed walls, lysol'd room, gloves and mask(s) if no glovebox, etc...

Good Luck

#9 imok

imok

-

• Expired Member
  • 595 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 10:08 PM

1st Welcome to Mycotopia Posted Image
"mi casa es su casa" Posted Image spanish
"a minha casa é a tua casa" Posted Image portuguese

2nd It isn't too hard to make a syringe but you have to
make sure you use sterile methods.
See: Link:Spores, Prints & Syringes How to make your own syringes from prints and how to get prints from shrooms(become totally self sufficient with this information)

3rd Here are some links that will help you with making syringes, BRF and other teks.

Link:Archives Has all of the collected wisdom, and information needed to be successful in this hobby(there is alot of info there, check the archives out yourself, updated often).

Link:Glossary If you don't understand a term look it up here.

Link:Search If you can't find it in the Glossary, use the Search function at the top of every page to search the archives and the rest of the board too.

Link:Illustrated Teks Complete step by step instructions with pictures(best of the best from the archives)

Link:Mycotopia's CD Set Mycotopia's entire database on a 2 cd set(useful information, photographs, TEKS, commentary, questions & answers, Shroomy ScreenSaver, Interactive Grower's Guide by Bookmaker and a Shroomy FAQ)

The following teks are from the front page of the Archives:

Link:BRF TEK: Cakes The original BRF Tek with all the details you need to be successful the first time.

Improving BRF Cake Formula: Super Cakes Getting the
best out of your cakes(not for beginners).

Link:Invitro [MycroTeks] Combines the BRF jar creation tek with a way to pursue this hobby with minimal labor and maximum stealth. Also known as the Invitro/stealth/neglect tek(has several names but the same basic tek)

Link:Sterilization & Pasturization Methods Keeping it clean and growing only what you want.

Link:Dunking Increase the number of flushes and the size of your shrooms(Important if using the invitro tek as a way to get the shroom its needed moisture; the shroom is 90% moisture)

Link:Bleach Dipping/ Salt Tek How to prevent contams and extend the life of your cakes/casings as well as what to do if your casings do get contamed(dipping follows dunking)

Link:Drug Dosage & Dosing: Recipes & Extracts How to enjoy the fruits of your labor safely (don't overdo it, slow and sure is the best way)

Link:Drying/Storage: Picking/Harvesting What to do with the shrooms when you are successful(you don't have to let the excess rot, you can store it for later instead)

Link:Spores, Prints & Syringes How to make your own syringes from prints and how to get prints from shrooms(become totally self sufficient with this information)

Link:Liquid Culture: Karo/Honey/Dextrose Q&A Ways to increase the amount of inoculate available(grow solution) without buying more syringes or prints(can also be combined with Cloning).

Link:Cloning A way to select the shrooms that do the best with your tek/environment/way of growing(combine with Liquid Culture to massively increase your production)

Link:Gloveboxes & Flowhoods How to eliminate your chances of contams while working with syringes/prints/cloning(A cheap cardboard glovebox is better than the cleanest room)

Link:Casings The next step in to bulk production both indoors and out(get familiar with the previous teks and you will increase your odds of success)

Link:Grain to Grain Transfers (G2G) & SuperSpawning Best ways to create the spawn/substrate for your casings(you can do it with cakes but grain is the best)

Link:Agar, Petri dishes, slants [Strain Isolation] For those who want to take this hobby all the way(scientific method required)

Link:Botanicals Other natural ethnogens(intended to expand your horizons)

Link:Secrecy & Stealth ; Privacy & Security Ideas on how to cover your backside as you participate in this hobby(better to learn from the experiences of others than first hand)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!