• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Jake420

Jake420

The Mycoman

• Expired Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:20 PM

Kept in a fresh ziplock bag in the fridge will see an LC good for years, at room temperature (low to mid 70's) about half to a full year without serious detriment to the mycelium.

#22 Fun-Guy

Fun-Guy

Always room for shrooms

• Expired Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 05:10 PM

Yayyyy:eusa_clap

What a wonderful and well written tek

Hello LC here I come

Thanks for the tips:bow:

#23 i.p.freely

i.p.freely

Wordsmithartclown

• Validating
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 05:41 PM

so...when all is said and done...u shake it up...to break-up the myc..inject ur syringe and soak up the liquid. how many cc's does it take to then knock up a myco bag or jar effectively. also, in LC tranfers, does the myc tire out as quickly as in G2G?

great write up btw...thanks a ton:headbang::headbang:

#24 Jake420

Jake420

The Mycoman

• Expired Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:43 PM

A full jar of LC can fill dozens of syringes which each in turn can be used to inoculate a dozen jars of grain and/or LC. Do not do one type of transfer too much, or a senescence issue may crop up (pretty much a weakening of strain and psiloc(yb)in content because the mushroom was not able to adjust it's genes to break down different food types.)

#25 fedshtkpndrk

fedshtkpndrk

Prodigal Son

• Expired Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:10 PM

how many cc's does it take to then knock up a myco bag or jar effectively

I use LC liberally, as in I would use 60-120cc in a single mycobag with a h-poo based sub between 5-10lbs. You should get good colonization speed from that :thumbup:

-feds

#26 coastalite

coastalite

Son of a Beach

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:52 PM

Here are a few pics of a LC batch started on 9/12/07 and then transfered into syringes (66cc and 10cc) about a month later. They are stored in the dark at room temp and 2.5 months later still look good.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01084.JPG
  • DSC01085.JPG
  • DSC01082.JPG
  • DSC01083.JPG

#27 Ras Asad

Ras Asad

Amor vincit omnia

• Expired Member
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:34 PM

I love it... can someone answer me a Q....

Ive got a jar of LC (hillbilly) growing now, and theres prolly a couple teaspoons worht of growth in there after a few days... goin pretty quick from what I understand........ now..
when it is ready to put into syringes and use...

does the mycellium suck right up through the needle itself?

or does it need to be sucked up without the needle attatched? or how's that work?
appreciate it, Bless

#28 prism

prism

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 5,943 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:39 AM

Use the needle itself. just be sure to use sterile procedure at this point.

I get some 90% Iso Alky and fill an empty syringe, then I fill the needle tip cover with the alky, then I dump the alky filling the syringe in a shotglass, wipe the injection point with alky, dip the tip of the syringe in the needle cover and suck out the goodness. then Innoculate with a wipe and a dip before, I then dip the needle in the needle cover wipe the injection piont with alky and refil with LC. When finished I simply suck the alky back out of the shotglass and put the tip cover on with the alky in it and I am always ready to knock up some stuff.:rasta:

#29 coastalite

coastalite

Son of a Beach

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:59 PM

I'm no expert but I'd recommend using 16 gauge needles.

Why 16 gauge?

It's a bigger needle hole than the standard 18 gauge you get when you order a spore syringe. The Mycelium in your LC will (hopefully) be so thick that you'll have a much easier time sucking it through the needle and into the syringe if you use a 16 gauge needle that is 1.5" in length.

Obviously, you can re-use your old syringes, needles, needle gaurds, and twist caps. Just wrap each one (syringe/plunger, needle & cap) individually in foil and throw them in the PC for 20 or 30 min at 15 psi. When the PC is cool, take them out (but don't unwrap them from the foil) and put them in a fresh zip-lock bag until ready to use.

When ready to use, put the zip-lock bags containing your foil wraped syringes, needles, and caps into the glovebox. Then assemble each one inside the glovebox as you go. If done this way, they should keep sterile. Once assembled I usually will flame the needle till glowing red and then wipe the needle with a paper towel soaked with 91% iso just to be sure that the needle is sterile. Works like a charm.

#30 gsmith1981

gsmith1981

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:36 PM

surprized this hasnt made it to the vaults yet.
when i done mine i used h3's airport without the push part to filter out the potato water.
http://mycotopia.net...lossary&term=46

#31 tobynutz

tobynutz

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:55 AM

how long do you pc it for or did i miss that part?

#32 tobynutz

tobynutz

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:00 AM

well i made two jars, pc'd at 15 for 25-30. when i was done with the potatoes i sprinkled some garlic salt and bac'n bits on em and ate them. i highly suggest that anyone that does this tek does the same. it was delicious.

#33 coastalite

coastalite

Son of a Beach

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:31 AM

how long do you pc it for or did i miss that part?

In the tek above it calls for 30 min in the PC at 15 psi.

#34 tobynutz

tobynutz

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:48 PM

there is noticeable growth in less than 48 hours, but then again my syringe had mycelia in it already so that helped :) oh, and will rubbing alcohol kill a liquid culture. i made an airport syringe and i soaked the polyfil in alkie to clean it. i thought it was dry but when i put it in it sucked a few cc's of 90% alkie in there lol. good thing i made two of em lol.

#35 coastalite

coastalite

Son of a Beach

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:03 PM

there is noticeable growth in less than 48 hours, but then again my syringe had mycelia in it already so that helped :) oh, and will rubbing alcohol kill a liquid culture. i made an airport syringe and i soaked the polyfil in alkie to clean it. i thought it was dry but when i put it in it sucked a few cc's of 90% alkie in there lol. good thing i made two of em lol.

i dunno if the alkie will kill it. let us know.

i forgot to mention that my "7-10 days" results was from an existing LC to LC if that makes sense.

when doing a multispore to LC it took 3 weeks (on one occasion). i guess it depends.

once you get a good healthy LC from a multispore, then shoot your next LC with existing LC and it grows fast.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!