• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 lit

lit

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:47 PM

hmm well i can't find any 16 1 1/2 inch so i'mma try my luck with the 18 gauge.. you think it'll just be hard to pull the plunger back? or that the mycellium won't go through it at all?

besides the needle i'll be doing this tek pretty much step for step, waiting on the spores which'll be B+ :] once i get the grow started i'll post a log :]

#22 OooO

OooO

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:52 AM

sterilize in your liquid culture some pieces of glass! so you can get the mycelium really small by shaking the whole thing! since i`m doing this i never got a problem with my syringes!

#23 lit

lit

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:08 AM

Thanks for the tip OooO :D. Do you use 18 gauge needles?

#24 coastalite

coastalite

Son of a Beach

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:08 PM

sterilize in your liquid culture some pieces of glass! so you can get the mycelium really small by shaking the whole thing! since i`m doing this i never got a problem with my syringes!

<---- never tried shards of glass. marbles are good for breaking up the clumps into more managable pieces.

#25 coastalite

coastalite

Son of a Beach

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:09 PM

hmm well i can't find any 16 1 1/2 inch

go to mycofactory dot com and type "syringe" into their search box. you will see a plunger/needle combo pack. you get 10 BD syringes (10 cc) luer lock AND 10 BD 16 gauge 1.5" needles for $8.50 + S&H. Or you can order needles and syringes seperately.

If you are doing LC , you need 16gauge IMO cuz the Mycelium gets too thick for the skinnier 18 gauge (but the glass shards might work).

also, howardselectronics dot com sells a 100-pack of syringe screw on caps for the syringe tip for $4 + S&H.

#26 lit

lit

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:47 PM

i'm gonna give the 18 a shot, with the glass shards :P if worse comes to worst i'll order some 16 gauge.

thanks for the info coastalite :bow:

#27 lit

lit

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:02 AM

sorry for the double post it wouldn't let me edit my last one. i was wondering, would it be okay to 'nocc the rice without the described LC? i was planning on making the potato/karo water with my next small batch of jars, and testing rice with straight water/spore solution, everything done the same 'cept using the LC (at least until it's ready to go into jars :D)

what do ya think?

#28 coastalite

coastalite

Son of a Beach

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:18 PM

sorry for the double post it wouldn't let me edit my last one. i was wondering, would it be okay to 'nocc the rice without the described LC? i was planning on making the potato/karo water with my next small batch of jars, and testing rice with straight water/spore solution, everything done the same 'cept using the LC (at least until it's ready to go into jars :D)

what do ya think?

how did it turn out?

#29 lit

lit

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:11 PM

it worked fine, just took an extra couple weeks to fully colonize. the cakes produced really small mushies but it's to be expected with multi-spore.. i was gonna document but i didn't think i would do a good job since it was my first successful grow. hopefully i get started again soon xP

#30 coastalite

coastalite

Son of a Beach

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 07:28 PM

it worked fine, just took an extra couple weeks to fully colonize. the cakes produced really small mushies but it's to be expected with multi-spore.. i was gonna document but i didn't think i would do a good job since it was my first successful grow. hopefully i get started again soon xP

cool! lemme know how the 18 needle works vs the 16 gauge when drawing up an LC syringe.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!