8 replies to this topic

#1 Nabby

Nabby

Mushroom Muncher

• Expired Member
  • 508 posts

Donator

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:00 AM

Okay, my EQ is on it's first flush... first off... should I be printing the first flush or waiting for the second? I've heard second flushes are usually fewer, larger fruits, and thus, I'd have larger prints... secondly... when should I be taking these caps off to print them?

These EQ are doin weird things... I've been giving them a pretty bright light... 42w CFL, doin 6 hours on, 6 hours off, etc... and... they grow upward for a while, then start twisting every which way and tying themselves in strange knots, and pointing downward... a few of the caps are splitting as they open (I think this is due to lower than optimal humidity, it seems to hold at 90% but occasionally reaches 95%) and the veils, when they do break, the mushies keep getting much longer before the caps start to open... these are some tall bastards... and the veils seem to want to stay attached for as long as possible at times... stretching way out... I'm just confused because my last EQ grow produced some nice open caps right after breaking the short veil...

sorry for the crappy pics... these are a couple of my best looking fruits, and I wanna get some prints done to donate, but I'm new to printing.

Attached Thumbnails

• SUNP0085.JPG
  • SUNP0086.JPG
  • SUNP0084.JPG
  • SUNP0083.JPG

#2 joystik

joystik

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:20 AM

First of all id start with the lighting. Try to emulate nature. Mushrooms dont need the brightest lite. In nature they usually get what? 8-12 hours light in 24 hr period.Most of it in the shade. They may be twisting like that because of the irregular light pattern, but thats just a theory.

About printing, If i were you id print in the first flush before any contams have chance to appear. It doesn matter if you have small caps, you can put several on the same paper. Either way youll get millions of spores. Only print on subsequent flushes if you dont see any mold appearing in you terrarium. If you see it its too late. Avoid printing that batch. Youll most likely get a contamd print. After you print your cap, you can go rite on and dry it.

there. Cheers.

#3 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:42 AM

those may well have verticillium - which does causes stems to twist. high co2 causes stretching too. gotta be honest, those look pretty pathetic, i doubt i'd print those,
i think i'd wait and see what flush#2 looks like...

#4 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:54 AM

i never print on the first flush unless its something really impressive.

#5 Nabby

Nabby

Mushroom Muncher

• Expired Member
  • 508 posts

Donator

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:26 PM

Second flush is much better... these mushies are much fatter, and still growin plenty tall... I'll be printin from the ones that aren't deformed from squishin up against the side of the tub.

#6 Nabby

Nabby

Mushroom Muncher

• Expired Member
  • 508 posts

Donator

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:28 PM

Here's an example... cap is about as big around as a silver dollar, I'd say... the cap is starting to split in places as it opens, but it should still yield a nice print...

Attached Thumbnails

• SUNP0098.JPG

#7 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:00 PM

maybe its the white lighter bringin u bad luck :p

just bleach bomb everything. room, tubs, equiptment, etc. sterilize your tools, the air, the floor. everythin. looks like verticilium to me also :(

#8 Nabby

Nabby

Mushroom Muncher

• Expired Member
  • 508 posts

Donator

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:59 PM

My camera sucks, I can't take a proper picture, but I really don't think it's verticillium. The stipes are beautiful and perfectly uniform, no lumpies or anything. The caps, once fully open, are almost compeltely golden, save for the slightly darker colored dimple in the dead center of each cap, so no brown patches/lesions. The only real problems are the grow conditions weren't so great. I never got the humidty right, and the light source got changed on them a lot... I started with a very bright cfl lamp right near them, and they didn't do so well, and now that they're growing in indirect sunlight, they're much better looking. They were high up on a shelf, so the light was kinda below them, causing a lot of them to try to grow sideways and downward toward the light... now that I fixed that, they're all growing upward again. Lotsa white fuzz near the base of each shroom, too, but that happens. If it is verticillium, it is, I don't really care... they were still super potent, and grew very well. I just wish I had a better camera so you could all get a better look. But my camera is both blurry, and bad at handling lighting, so the pictures can be kinda misleading. I'll get a better camera and take some new pics.

Attached Thumbnails

• SUNP0099.JPG

#9 Nabby

Nabby

Mushroom Muncher

• Expired Member
  • 508 posts

Donator

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:28 PM

Heh... I finally found a way to get pics off my phone to my computer, and my phone takes much better pics than my camera. These'll give ya a little bit better of a look.

Attached Thumbnails

• pic062007_3.jpg
  • pic062007_1.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!