Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Super fast and effective wbs/grain technique.

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 antimatt3r

antimatt3r

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:06 AM

as far as the air exchange with grain jars, I tape a cotton ball to the hole in the top of jar, works great ;)

#62 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:00 AM

lazlo, time to get you some new lids lol....

rusted.

hey nice tek. do you mind me asking what type of gympsum or hydrated lime your using or where you obtain it from?

when you stuff polyfil into a hole, if you do it lightly and don't jam it in there. you should be fine. you can also use micro pore tape in place of that.

ive used polyfil in lids with grain in them with no problems. but the best things you can get are call whatman filters. they glue nicely with silicone directly into the jars.

#63 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:48 AM

I use my lids until the rust has nearly eaten' holes in them. :lol:

The lime I use is Hi-Yield. It can be bought at Southern States and I see it a lot on the web for sale.

The polyfil needs to be tight in the holes. Not mega tight, but as tight as you can get it. I've put it in there a tad easy and it still works fine.

#64 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:54 AM

they call it in tech terms

an ID10T error. you get the guy at your work to type it on the screen and read it to himself... lol

floppy, ive had failure at wbs as well don't feel bad. keep trying. i think this lime bath will work well. going to test it as soon as some lime is available locally.

Floppypeter, I think your problems came from an operator error rather than a short soaking.

I use my lids until the rust has nearly eaten' holes in them.

The lime I use is Hi-Yield. It can be bought at Southern States and I see it a lot on the web for sale.

The polyfil needs to be tight in the holes. Not mega tight, but as tight as you can get it. I've put it in there a tad easy and it still works fine.

doh, don't know what i was thinking. i stuff the polyfil in the bins that i use loosely, if i use it in jars, i stuff it regular to tight. like you said. sorry was thinking of something else when i typed that last comment. thanks..

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!