• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PsychoDrogue

PsychoDrogue

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:32 AM

I have had issues with getting effects out of brews, although it has been some time since i've tried, and my overall skill in these things is going up, so i'm going for it again.

Anyhow, i'd like to see if i can find some answers first:

When i bought my materials, I opted for the cheaper syrian rue and mimosa hostilis instead of caapi and virola. I have heard this combination is a little more nauseating than normal, but i can deal with that. I'm broke right now and cant get the better plant materials right now, and still have lots of stuff laying around. Well, I've tried a long slow simmer, full boil, and now, a cold water extraction, that i forgot i put in the fridge quite a few months back. all the treatments were just performed to the rootbark, not the seeds, i usually grind and encapsulate those and swallow them at least 30 minutes prior to drinking.

my first experience did nothing for me. i believe it was because i couldn't hold enough down before vomiting it up. My second experience seemed like It was going to go somewhere but I never took off. I ended up reminding myself i was lucky i had a trashcan in the bathroom for I purged out both ends for more than 10 minutes. I felt like a newborn when i finshed, but there was no trip whatsover.

Now i have 50 grams (originally planned for 2-3 people) of finely shredded bark thats been in the fridge, soaking in water, for a very long time. i forgot about it. the sludge has all settled in a nice brick in the bottom of the pint jar, with about 2 cm's of very dark purple red water on top.

Am I doing the wrong thing with my seeds by eating them instead of brewing together? i think i did it one of the first times that way and it resulted in the most nausea that didn't end with a good feeling. just an overall bad experience. I've tried ranging my seed dose. I started at 1-1.5 grams, and eventually worked my way up to over 3.5-4. I've heard going too high gets rather unpleasant and shouldn't be needed for inhibition. I've ranged my bark doses from 8-12g to start and i think i stopped at 16 but was planning on 20g for the cold water one i forgot about.

Is my sealed refrigerated jar thats possibly been sitting 6 months still active? or do you think the age is too old in that state. it still looks like the day i made it, just a lot more settled. but nothing weird has grown in it or anything like that. i constantly shook it for the first week and then it made its way behind something and there it sat til i moved.

Thanks for helping me to my next voyage... if i get good answers i'm hoping to taste this again tonight.

oh yeah. a little more info. when i take syrian rue with mushrooms i get about double the nausea, and only a hair of a stronger trip, even on 4-5 grams of seeds, whereas my gf will rocket into ego loss with 2g of seeds. i understand everyone is different, but are there some people this stuff simply might not safely work for?

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:36 AM

the brew should still contain actives but might harbor bacteria too after such a long time so might boil again before use.
you do grind the rue seeds up yes ? not taking whole ?

#3 PsychoDrogue

PsychoDrogue

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:14 AM

yep. i grind em. whats the max dose of those youd recommend working up to?

#4 condo_pygmy

condo_pygmy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 480 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:48 AM

You can also make a harmala extract from the rue seeds,
this will greatly reduce nausea. here's an easy tek for harmala:
http://forums.ayahua...f94b63693504396

#5 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:59 AM

yep. i grind em. whats the max dose of those youd recommend working up to?

~5 g

#6 PsychoDrogue

PsychoDrogue

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:29 AM

thanks for the extract tek. i've seen a few around here, but thats nice n clear. swimming pool chemicals for hcl right?

and thanks for the dose recommendation. its been a while since i've done anything with the seeds but i was pretty sure i was getting to that point with ground seeds. i imagine an extract would be pretty foolproof though so i think i'm going to try that route.

looks like it wont be tonight though :( has to sit 24 hours. next night off is friday... i'll go ahead and strain out the mush of the rootbark fluid and boil whats left a bit to make sure its clean. sounds like i'll be avoiding nausea quite a bit with the rue extract so even if things dont work out as planned at least i wont spend the evening in bathroom all night (hopefully)

#7 condo_pygmy

condo_pygmy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 480 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:14 PM

thanks for the extract tek. i've seen a few around here, but thats nice n clear. swimming pool chemicals for hcl right?

Yeah you can get Muratic acid (30% HCl) at any hardware store...:thumbup:

#8 Paradox

Paradox

Rumplestiltskin's Butler

• Expired Member
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:08 PM

You may consider filtering the bark well or using gelatine. A FOAF did a cold water extraction and drank the lot , dust and all.(The bark was filtered out though). Total was only 9 grams of purple pink but led to a very strong effect and very strong nausea. Awesome experience but he will definitely use gelatine next time.
note : 3 grams of rue brewed and filtered was used 30 minutes before the jurema and a FOAF had given up on it with just minimal effects after 45 minutes. In total it was 2 hours and 20 minutes before the sleeping dragon woke up to his amazement, terror ,love and later respect.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!