• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 05:40 PM

NOt only is beer better right before it freezes(to me), But if I put one in the freezer every time I take one out it makes the alcohol consumption a thing of fluid ease..Having to be careful not to drink the current beer to slow...we all know what happens when a beer is left in the freezer too long.. Freezer beer puts the alcohol buzz on th right track :loveeyes:

#2 Mermaidia

Mermaidia

Sober Sister

• Expired Member
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:30 PM

If I drink beer, it has to be ice cold too chip. I love it when ya pour it in a frosty mug and it gets a bit slushy around the edges. mmmmm
Think i might just drink one. Thanks for the idea. :thumbup:

#3 the jesus

the jesus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:13 PM

mmmm... beer. :loveeyes:

#4 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:30 PM

:dance:

#5 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,031 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:02 PM

I like my beer reg fridge temp, and DARK. The colder beer is, the less taste it has, but light beer's lack on taste anyways...

:rasta:

#6 Quine

Quine

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:11 PM

I'm with sucker, if you need to chill beer, may as well drink iced tea. :)

#7 Dipole

Dipole

Legalize Cannabis

• OG VIP
  • 3,341 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:26 PM

There is the school of thought that beers are best consumed at the temperature they are brewed at. Most beers are lagers and they are finished at close to 32F. Real ales are much warmer, ~50F.

#8 camo

camo

kombucha mushroom people

• Expired Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:25 PM

beer is good good..cold or if you have to have hot. I prefer my beers as they come. usually cold...

#9 apokalypse

apokalypse

Dr. Durgs

• Expired Member
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:37 PM

I like mine cold, but not cold enough that when you open it it starts to get slushy, or even an hour before then in the freezer. I definitely think that it loses it's taste, when it's too cold to taste the alcohol. It's there to be enjoyed! I'm taking a can of Strongbow to work tomorrow :)

I've been warned not to drink frozen beer, for you supposedly get ghastly intestinal distress of the messy kind. Hasn't happened to me yet though.

#10 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:27 PM

when the rare occasion arises that i do drink, its got to be freezing cold, and has to be either killians irish red, leinys red lager, cant spell that last one im aware.

#11 Paradox

Paradox

Rumplestiltskin's Butler

• Expired Member
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:17 AM

'real ale' is a living beer not something from a sterilzed keg. So I think its served at a higher temp so all the flavours hops malt etc can be noticed more as freezing masks taste. It does seem a bit warm when you first buy one though. At home however its nice to pull the cans from the freezer :loveeyes:

#12 joecoolatc

joecoolatc

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:27 AM

it really depends on the beer. horse piss(bud light) :thumbdown: must be ice cold. something with flavor like :loveeyes: newcastle or guinness should be a bit warmer so it can be tasted and enjoyed.

#13 GhastlyVeil

GhastlyVeil

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:14 AM

Guinness is way over rated IMO, when I tried it...it tasted really watered down or something and I must have downed 12 with a very mild effect.

Ice cold beer is always good though :headbang:

#14 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:26 AM

Stout is best room temp IMO..

#15 seymorebunz

seymorebunz

CHEERS

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:47 AM

Now let's not dis the almighty bud light......yeah yeah I love all beers and all flavors, I'll drink it warm and I'll drink it cold, I'll even drink it with green eggs and ham.

When it comes down to drinking mass quantites, it's almost always........
Posted Image

#16 camMyco

camMyco

Modified Honey

• Expired Member
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:08 AM

If it has to be near freezer cold to enjoy the flavor it is not a beer for me. I like mine 10-15 min out of the fridge (in A/C house) 48-55F

#17 Beast

Beast

That's Mr. Beast to you..

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:16 PM

I, uhh... well.. ok, I'll just come out and say it: I actually like my beer at room temperature.

I think this comes from brewing mead, which I also prefer at room temperature. Bottle carbonation forces me to refridgerate my mead, otherwise half the bottle squirts out when I open the damn thing. I admit I am quite the amateur brewer, so I won't be calling myself the Yeastmaster anytime soon.

But yes, there is more flavor present when the beer is warm. Though I do prefer dark beers. I don't think budweiser or any other light ale would be all that great if warm. Stouts, porters, hefeweizens, and the like are much better if they are warmer than room temperature, IMHO&E.

Come to think of it, wine is served at room temperature, usually, isn't it? And so is liquor?

#18 joecoolatc

joecoolatc

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:48 PM

i don't mean to offend any of the bud drinkers out there. i just hate it myself. i'm with oc. if i'm drinking it light beer, it has to be ice cold. on the other hand, nothing is better than a cold bud after a hard days work.

#19 Dipole

Dipole

Legalize Cannabis

• OG VIP
  • 3,341 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:51 PM

GhastlyVeil somebody must have watered down your stout. Stout will grab your attention like a slap in the face. Newcastle and Guinness are ales and are generally served cool back in the old country, although lager is taking over the islands from what I have heard.

Real lagers are living too. I don't know of any commercial stuff in the USA, lagers here are filtered sterile and artificially carbonated. The product is much more stable and not as delicate.

Light American beers are amazing products. How so little taste can be brewed into such a thing and not have it taste like puke when ice cold is not easy to pull off.

#20 apokalypse

apokalypse

Dr. Durgs

• Expired Member
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:17 PM

I'm enjoying a cold Strongbow Cider right now while I eat my sandwich :)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!