• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Beast

Beast

That's Mr. Beast to you..

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:47 PM

Oh yeah, that's what I was gonna say, the difference between a live brew and a dead one. It's definately there. I can feel them partying inside me. the yeasty beasties :headbang:

#22 the jesus

the jesus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:42 PM

Guinness is way over rated IMO

Blasphemy! Sounds like you had Guinness at a bar that takes no pride in its Guinness and doesn't maintain its system.

Warm, cold, light, dark, in a glass, in a bucket, I don't care, I love beer.

"Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy" -Ben Franklin

#23 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:56 PM

I like my beer reg fridge temp, and DARK. The colder beer is, the less taste it has, but light beer's lack on taste anyways...

I couldn't have said it better myself...:eusa_booh

Guinness is way over rated IMO, when I tried it...it tasted really watered down or something

I like to mix mine with Dinkel acker pilsner.
Try it sometime, you may change you mind about the Guinness...Black & Tans..mmmm

Try mixing beers too. Many people mix liquor but never try
mixing different beers. Some of the best beer I have had the
pleasure to drink has been made with a mixture of several different kinds all put together to make one.

#24 apokalypse

apokalypse

Dr. Durgs

• Expired Member
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:48 PM

Any of you guys ever had Harp?

It's a Lager brewed by Guinness. I think it sorta tastes like Guinness too, it's not a dark beer though.

#25 the jesus

the jesus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:55 PM

I drank a lot of Harp when I was in Ireland, and took some shit for "drinking piss" from the locals. It is pretty funny, in the land of great pubs and beer...
they all drink bud.

#26 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:55 PM

Yeah I've had it a couple times on tap from
a Pub in Virginia. I does taste like a lite Guinness
with the coffee taste being milder,imo ...good stuff for a hot summer day :D

#27 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,032 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:26 PM

you may change you mind about the Guinness...Black & Tans..mmmm

Black and Tan's are great! Everyone has their own tastes... that's why there's so many choices... ain't life great. Mine kinda change from time to time... right now it's... "i like a samual adams (boston lager) please"

i'm also big on wine. my woman can only handle the white zif, i'll only drink nice dark red wines. i love trying a new wine out each time.

I don't like to drink to get drunk.... those times are accidents. :eusa_shif

#28 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:34 PM

i'm drinking a pint right now :D

#29 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:50 PM

Mermaidia loves wine, i think its pretty good too
sometimes
The sickest I have ever been is from a night
of drinking only wine. It took me a good three maybe four days to get out of bed. I was young and learned a valuable lesson, wine is for tasting and sipping in moderation and not to get drunk from it, ;)

#30 joecoolatc

joecoolatc

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 04:10 AM

Mermaidia loves wine, i think its pretty good too
sometimes
The sickest I have ever been is from a night
of drinking only wine. It took me a good three maybe four days to get out of bed. I was young and learned a valuable lesson, wine is for tasting and sipping in moderation and not to get drunk from it, ;)

ain't that the truth? i've had worse hangovers from drinking 2 bottles of wine than drinking a 5th of jose cuervo.

#31 Paradox

Paradox

Rumplestiltskin's Butler

• Expired Member
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:25 AM

2 bottles of wine is enough to make you rough but its gd at the time. I occassionally have 2 beers then a bottle of wine any more beers before or more wine than that and next day im :thumbdown:

#32 dr.gonzo

dr.gonzo

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:52 PM

for me the first 4 beers have to be cold and by the 6th I dont care how cold it is by the 10th I could be drinking pine-sol for all I know.

yeah wine does have that drying feeling kinda like really strong coffee never does cure thirst. If you go long enough w/o water and salt (electrolytes) your asking for a headache.

#33 vitae1234

vitae1234

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:10 PM

Not a single other craft beer enthusiast here?

Bud and the like are brewed to the lowest common denominator. They are purposely made to have very little taste.

India Pale Ales, Dopplebocks, Hefeweizens, Russian Imperial Stouts... there's a world of flavorful beers out there that don't have to be iced down to freezing to enjoy.

Bud, Coors, Miller... the schwag of beer. There is far better! Try something from Sam Adams, Brooklyn Brewery, Sierra Nevada, etc and work your way up.

#34 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:18 PM

a lot more people drink bud, coors, miller
than drink that other
over-priced yuppie swill.
because in my opinion
snobbery and status is the name of this game,
you're buying a bigger dick.
:lol:

i'm too market saavy to pay more just
so i can have some fancy label beer
to impress all my friends.

i don't bother with designer water either.
ditto for so-called energy drinks, smart drinks
and all the other yuppie marketing crap
to roll down the pipe over the last several years.

brand conciousness is unconciousness.
lemmings for micro-brews.

#35 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,032 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:06 PM

I'm sure lots of folks smoke mexi swag too... cheap but doesn't taste the best... enough of it will get the job done
but then there's that overpriced stuff... that stuff that leaves a sweet taste on your lips...
light beer is like as someone already said the 'swag' of beer. cheap... get's the job done.
dark beer to me is like the chronic of beer. (dark beers are often stronger than light beers too)
when i'm out of my home brew, i buy samual adams..(or anything dark) not to impress my friends... (well honestly i don't have any friends- only my woman) but because of the taste.

#36 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:30 PM

there is a HUGE difference
between saying
'i like dark beer better'
and saying
'dark beer is better'.
one is an expression of personal taste,
the other is dogma.

#37 aumbrellaforainydays

aumbrellaforainydays

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:46 PM

.... a rich lager at cool temp in the winter,
and most ales at fridge temp in the summer.
the freezer is best left for times when i have warm cheap beer that i want to drink AsaP. but chilled beer is better to me for some reason. maybe i just need to drink better beer.

#38 seymorebunz

seymorebunz

CHEERS

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:24 AM

CHEERS!!!
Posted Image

#39 vitae1234

vitae1234

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:13 PM

i'm too market saavy to pay more just
so i can have some fancy label beer
to impress all my friends.

I agree to an extent -- I'd rather buy Genny Cream for $15 a 30 pack than Heineken for $15 a 12 pack. Heiny isn't *that* much better, and I don't want to pay a premium just to be drinking "brand X".

But I can't agree with lumping all craft beer as label snobbery or "buying a bigger dick". There *are* literally thousands of small breweries turning out dozens of styles of beer that are much more flavorful than Coors, Miller, or Bud. I'd rather pay a bit more for the hoppy bite of an IPA, or the dark roasty bitterness of an imperial stout. It's worth it to me. It may not be worth it to you.

If you like standard adjunct lagers, great. They are what they are. But filet mignon isn't "buying a bigger dick" when compared to a McDonald's cheeseburger, is it? :)

#40 Dipole

Dipole

Legalize Cannabis

• OG VIP
  • 3,377 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:36 PM

Miller, Bud, Coors own most of the beer market by producing the least offensive tasting beer. Micro brews do have more flavor, although they may not be better. A good brew is an art applied to a taste.

But having brewed beer, I know that it doesn't cost $0.50 or more to brew a bottle, closer to 1/10th that. So Miller and Micro in my opinion are too expensive. I just wish the malty stuff wasn't so fattening.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!