#41 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:06 PM

my beer only cost more cause its imported,
none of my friends drink it either...which is a
plus sometimes when Im running low...lol. I enjoy the taste for just that..the taste. I pay no attention to the cost nor the status of the beer.

As with liquor I like Makers when Im running low on cash, Four Roses when I have more cash.
No one but Merm sees me drink my beer and whiskey. When Im out and about I drink whats there. But If im paying for it, Im buying what I like .

#42 Dipole

Dipole

Legalize Cannabis

• OG VIP
  • 3,377 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:58 PM

:thumbup:

#43 apokalypse

apokalypse

Dr. Durgs

• Expired Member
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:29 PM

i'm too market saavy to pay more just
so i can have some fancy label beer
to impress all my friends.

There's alot of beer up here that you can get for $1/bottle (cheapest you can find where I am). And they are arguably just as good as a case of Bud, Labatt etc.. in fact Labatt has been trying to sell 18 packs for $21 to recoup lost sales, everyones going to the cheap brands..

#44 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:09 AM

lol
i would not expect anyone to admit, even to themselves,
that their selection is driven more by image and status
than by taste and quality and cost-
nevertheless
there has been research done
that pretty clearly shows that
most people buy the name,
Grey Goose vodka is a good example.
very popular
but discovery channel shows an experiment
where in double-blind tests
people who claimed to love grey goose best
placed it dead-last
in a field of 6 other vodkas.
:lol:
take those labels off
and pour several glasses of a wide variety
and most folks can't even find
their favorite brands.

#45 seymorebunz

seymorebunz

CHEERS

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:16 AM

Yeah I saw a study like that on Myth Busters, pretty interesting.

Myth Busters is a great show.

#46 the jesus

the jesus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:21 PM

I gotta disagree on this one, vodka I can understand, but beer to me has such distinct characteristics that I see it more like grass. Just as I can tell the difference between schwag and real good bud, I guarantee I can tell the difference between Bud and Sierra Nevada in a blind test.

#47 chimp

chimp

Space Lord Modulator

• Expired Member
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:26 PM

Nonetheless, I really am digging this almost frozen beer right now

:loveeyes:

Attached Thumbnails

• beer.jpg

#48 hallucinogeneti

hallucinogeneti

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 373 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:42 PM

:lol:

i'm too market saavy to pay more just
so i can have some fancy label beer
to impress all my friends.

:eusa_clap

I can't imagine anyone being impressed by a 40 of snake piss (king cobra malt liquor 6%) but I brown-bag that shit all the time, sure gets the job done for $1.99

#49 Endo

Endo

Learning Via Osmosis

• Expired Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:23 PM

i love beer.. cheap expensive imported mass produced.. doesnt matter (except bud and bud light :mistrust:) theres always 2 types of beer in my house... crud beer (busch or keystone) and then theres better stuff. (flying dogg sam adams negro modello) i mostly try and pawn the cheap stuff off on guests (they dont have the appreciation for good beer anyways) and save the good stuff for the ones i know will actually like it. bottom line... beer is good.

whoever said you can get the shits from frozen beer: wouldnt it defrost when you drink it being that your belly is pretty warm? i could see not drinking beer that was frozen and then thawed, i would assume that would possibly give you the shits from the yeast and fermentation. but all i know is not to leave glass beer bottles in the freezer over night... not a pretty site inthe morning.

my girl loves beer to... well loves to waste it i should say... shes got a very bad habit of opening a beer taking like 3 sips and putting it down and not coming back to it.. .thats where me the clean up crew comes in i guess... ahh.. guess ill have to fall on this grenade again... sigh...:headbang:

#50 Caljet666

Caljet666

Dumbass

• Expired Member
  • 368 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:37 PM

Where I live it is not uncommon for there to 45 deg C days for 3/4 of the year. I can't think of anything better than a almost gonna freeze but no ice yet beer. mmmmmm. Just the thought of all that condensation dripping down the side of a stubby is makin me want one right now, and it's 7:30am here at the moment. Ah bugger it. I'm gonna have one anyway lol.

Not just any beer though. Cheep ass, lowest denominator beer. Any brand of it too. It's all the same to me. 'cept XXXX taste like regular beer with vegemite in it. (Aussies will know what I mean here.)

Don't get me wrong. If someone else wants to pay thier hard earned for a "bigger dick," I'll gladly suck on it. Eewww. That came out wrong. Warm temp beer? I don't know anyone over here that would consider drinkin' warm beer. Makes me cringe. I'm drinkin' beer 'cause it's cold, and I'm hot, and I'm sober, and its bloody cheap. Other wise I'd be indulging in a bit of that rare breed wild turkey.

Anyway, I've got inebriation to induce. :puke:

Peace
Caljet

#51 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:55 PM

cooler beer is the best .... something about the ice gets the can wet and ther alcohol super cold ..Beer that has been in the cooler on ice is what is best for me ....LOVE IT..damn friday night tooo..hhmmmm where iss my cooler at heheheheheheh

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!