• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 hiimt0ny

hiimt0ny

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:23 AM

okay so i tried some spice a couple times recently and im hitting it out of a base pipe. the one im using is identical to the second to last pipe in the picture.

when i hit the spice it makes the tip of my tongue numb. also when i put a spec of crystal on my tongue it tingles a bit.... is this normal with spice or did i do something wrong when extracting it?

Attached Thumbnails

• newburners1_11822043481738862908.jpg

#2 elcielo

elcielo

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:06 AM

If there is any question.....then

#3 hiimt0ny

hiimt0ny

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:59 AM

:)

#4 Dank Side Of The Shroom

Dank Side Of The Shroom

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:24 AM

ive never noticed it numbing my tounge. did u get off when u smoked it?

#5 hiimt0ny

hiimt0ny

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:31 AM

yes i got off from it. when i smoked it my tongue would get numb on the tip and mouth would water like crazy

#6 lyqwyd

lyqwyd

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 658 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:14 PM

probably residual lye or naptha. do the xtals feel greasy or wet at all? a test for lye is you're brave is to rub a lil bit of spice on a sensitive area of skin. if it burns, its still kickin. i found this out as i was scraping an evap dish and then scratched my nuts... ouch.

where did u get ur base pipe?

#7 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,017 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:34 PM

hey

spice smells like burning plastic, and it tastes just as bad. it can even give you that numbing effect if you get it in your mouth.
since spice is so... fluffy and light, you probably inhaled a little bit in your mouth.
it happens to me too when using a base pipe or any regluar pipe. if i use a water pipe (sherlock looking piece) it keeps the nasty from getting in my mouth.

#8 hiimt0ny

hiimt0ny

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:55 PM

yeah put when i but my pure crystals on my tongue it tingles and burns, or stings, my tongue a little bit.... not bad but dmt isnt supposed to do that at all right? just taste bad if anything? or am i wrong?

holon ill put some crystals on my nuts in a minute to test for the lye :special:

nah but seriously tho, the crystals are slightly soapy or maybe oily... they smear easily and stick to my fingers easily.
i put a little spec of the crystals on my skin and no burning at all... only on my tongue it burns slightly....
but i let them are out for about 3 days after scraping...

is it possible to get lye in there?

my friend works at a headshop and hooks me up with those pipes... i can get yall some if yall want....

#9 NEPHROSIS

NEPHROSIS

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:06 AM

Definitely sounds like there's lye in there to me.

Soapy and oily are some characteristics of bases like lye.

#10 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:42 AM

hey
spice smells like burning plastic, and it tastes just as bad. it can even give you that numbing effect if you get it in your mouth.
since spice is so... fluffy and light, you probably inhaled a little bit in your mouth.
it happens to me too when using a base pipe or any regluar pipe. if i use a water pipe (sherlock looking piece) it keeps the nasty from getting in my mouth.

the dmt will pass through the water ok?

#11 lyqwyd

lyqwyd

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 658 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:54 AM

def lye, himoty i would like good baser, and doodby, not so hot..... 30%+ loss. someone one here couldnt get the stench outta their pipe with acetone, alc., etc., but water worked a ok so i figger much is lost. if u can spare some, try and dissove a small quanitity in a little h20 and see what happens (haven't done this meself). lye can still eixist coz the lye is trapped in an aqueous layer, which evaporates much more slowly than the naptha and will pecipitate onto the exterior of the xtals as the h20 evaps. deez nuts! <<<hammered

#12 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,017 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:47 AM

the dmt will pass through the water ok?

I started thinking about that... (reaches in cabinet and grabs pipe)... I don't put water in it. It just fills with smoke, but the chamber doesn't let the dmt float in your mouth (like the base stems).

#13 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:59 AM

I have had no numbing of my tongue before so I dunno. But I will say that a piece of lye has landed on my lip before and blistered it.
Have you noticed any lasting effects in the mouth? How long does the numbing last?

#14 Guest_Glasshopper_*

Guest_Glasshopper_*

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:52 AM

To test for lye:

Wet the head of a pin and dip it in your spice,
let it dry,
burn with a lighter of match,

If there is a yellow/orange flame (sodium) it has lye in it.

#15 hiimt0ny

hiimt0ny

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:54 PM

i was trying to get most of stuff out of my pipe by melting it and letting it pour out and it did catch fire with a yellow flame..... does dmt catch on fire?

#16 hiimt0ny

hiimt0ny

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:56 PM

if there is lye what would be the best way to clean? someone was telling me activated carbon would be a good way to clean lye from dmt because the noah sticks to the carbon.... anyone have exp. with this or know a good way to clean lye from dmt? ive tried freeze percip. and not too much luck with that....

#17 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:49 PM

I used the Vovin wash.
This is where you take 25ml of water to every 300ml of naptha. Add just a pinch of sodium carbonate to the water. Add the water/sodium carbonate to the naptha, shake the shit out of it, then separate the water from the naptha then discard the water. This takes the lye out easily. Vovin suggest two more washes with 25ml of plain water each time(no sodium carbonate needed in these washes). I have found this second and third wash a waist of time for me but to each is own. The sodium carbonate wash is easy, quick, and it works in one wash for me.

ps, try evaporating some of the naptha then trying the freeze percip again. There is a happy medium between the dmt and the naptha. Too much naptha=the dmt wont fall out. Too little and the dmt wont desolve. So read a bit up on your recipe and gauge your root content used versus how much naptha you have total.
Then evap to the suggested amount and try the freeze percip again. If you have the suggested amount and still no dmt falling out, you could have had a ph problem(how knows) and not got much of the goodies so less naptha should be used in the freezer due to the lesser amount of dmt extracted...

#18 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:08 AM

vaulted

#19 hiimt0ny

hiimt0ny

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:18 PM

so where do u get sodium carbonate? i have tried activated carbon twice and freeze percip like 3 times and it still stings my tongue when i put a small crystal on it.... ill have to try the sodium carbonate wash or maybe amonia. but im going with the sodium carbonate wash if i can find some....

#20 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:20 PM

so where do u get sodium carbonate? i have tried activated carbon twice and freeze percip like 3 times and it still stings my tongue when i put a small crystal on it.... ill have to try the sodium carbonate wash or maybe amonia. but im going with the sodium carbonate wash if i can find some....

Did the activated carbon remove the yellow and oils at all?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!