• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#181 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:06 PM

If I had of followed RR's advice when he was here, I would have never grown a 300+ gram cubensis. I would have been making strawlogs his way (the same way people were making them years before his tek). He also told me not to Dunk a strawlog I'm glad I didn't listen to that one, bad advice. Countless times i've seen RR tell people it is wrong to do this or that won't work and then people start posting pictures of excellent grows of them doing exactly what he advised not to.

Don't fall into the RR rut shroomerites, you can outgrow him if you think for yourselves.

:lol:
that was worth repeating.
he is a master bullshitter though,
got to admit that much.
he's got a bunch of groupies over there.

#182 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• OG VIP
  • 12,357 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:09 PM

Rev, :bow:

Thank you for thinking outside the box on this one! Its obviously treating you right.

Its nice that others are confirming success with this method to prepare grain!

Those are beautiful mushrooms! I like how you named Fernando Grande! :thumbup:

#183 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:11 PM

Fernando Grande will be invited to a Saturday afternoon BBQ:)

Mr. Merlin-
The measurements on the first page of this thread seem to work just fine. Good luck!

pic o' the month nomination
:bow:

#184 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:15 PM

Sadly I was once an rr groupie too, when I was a shroom newb. He can sell his bullshit to the newbs that don't know any better. After being in the scene for a while it starts to stink, bigtime.

#185 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:17 PM

Thanks guys:heartbeat

#186 kandahar

kandahar

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:20 AM

:bow: great thread/idea rev... this may sound daft but would lysol/dettol (its called dettol in the uk) work? or does it have anti-fungal qualities. Does a product have to mention if it contains triclosan :thumbdown:

#187 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:12 AM

I just used plain dish soap Rev..They are ziplock bags -double steamed..
I figure even plain soap will break the surface tension and more easily sterilize those tiny seeds..

#188 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• OG VIP
  • 12,357 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:23 AM

Golly,
great plan trying this with ziploc's! Can't wait to hear how yours turn out also.
how long did you steam the bags for each time Golly?

#189 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:09 AM

3 lbs of seed for 75mins, twice ,,about 20 hours apart...They did well the last time with my King Oyster grow...:thumbup:

I like the ziplocks w grass seed for edibles cause it creates a high nutrient log that can be fruited directly...

#190 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:11 AM

:bow: great thread/idea rev... this may sound daft but would lysol/dettol (its called dettol in the uk) work? or does it have anti-fungal qualities. Does a product have to mention if it contains triclosan :thumbdown:

nope, lysol/dettol causes massive deformities & abnormalities with its residue.

#191 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• OG VIP
  • 12,357 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:12 AM

3 lbs of seed for 75mins, twice ,,about 20 hours apart...They did well the last time with my King Oyster grow...:thumbup:

I like the ziplocks w grass seed for edibles cause it creates a high nutrient log that can be fruited directly...

:bow:

I like the ziploc's, might have to try this out! Thanks Golly!

#192 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:17 AM

Just remember to insulate the bags from the metal parts of the pot..I use a pillow case...

#193 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:39 AM

...The green coloring in "Straw-Net" another popular mush growing material, (esp. on another site) also seems worrying...

so i heard.

#194 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:55 AM

Good luck Golly!

#195 bullfrog

bullfrog

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:55 PM

ouch ! my soaps will be monitored closely from now on. i hope my
"ribbet's and other noises " don't start getting high pitched . lol :puke:
:eusa_sile stuff they don't tell ya' on the label !!

A 2006 study concluded that low doses of triclosan act as an endocrine disruptor in the North American bullfrog.[1] The hypothesis proposed is that triclosan blocks the metabolism of thyroid hormone, because it chemically mimics thyroid hormone, and binds to the hormone receptor sites, blocking them, so that normal hormones cannot be utilized.

#196 shipoffools

shipoffools

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:38 PM

Rev your innovation has inspired. FOAF has tried several times to grow using PF tek, but he was motivated only by potential profits and failed repeatedly. Your thread has opened his eyes to the possibilities of experimentation and exploration of curiosities that are inherent in mycology as a true hobby. He thanks you ;)

Hip,

i do that routinely when i soak grain,
adding bleach to prevent bacterial growth during
a room temperature soak for extended time.
seems to be ok, but i do still pc as normal anyway.

did you ever try to noc that grain w/o pc'ing? just in the vein of pc-less experiments...

#197 drtask

drtask

funguy.of.caps

• Expired Member
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:43 PM

heh, seeing as there are four pages on this topic, i did not read through it all, but i was wondering if there is still a need for a WBS grow to go underway using you original experiment? great idea, btw.

#198 Sunstar

Sunstar

Gazer of the innerself

• Expired Member
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:17 PM

Ya Drtask. Noone has tried WBS with Revs soap tek yet and if they have they havent posted any info on it. Go for it Drtask:thumbup: and let us know how it goes for you.

#199 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:27 PM

but i was wondering if there is still a need for a WBS grow to go underway using you original experiment?

WBS seems like it could be a tricky one because of the sticky residue it gets. I would drain the soapy water after the soak, rinse the residue off and soak in fresh soapy water for a few minutes before draining again and loading into the jars. I've been meaning to get around to doing just that, but I haven't got around to getting the proper wbs yet...

That would be great if you wanted to give it a go, but don't go experimenting if you can't afford failure. Good luck!

#200 drtask

drtask

funguy.of.caps

• Expired Member
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:34 PM

will do. is it ok if i post my finding in this thread?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!