• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#241 apokalypse

apokalypse

Dr. Durgs

• Expired Member
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:10 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Simmered for about 2hrs, I didn't gently boil it but kept it just under.

#242 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:11 PM

Cool, and goodluck on the grow!

#243 Orchidman

Orchidman

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:55 PM

Here's one for you. I soaked some unsterile parrot guano and spent seed casings in the reverand trips Sunlight dish soap in an open 1 litre container and put it still open into the furnace room which is staying fairly cool, around 72f, due to the central air and just let it dry out naturally which took about two weeks. Then I broke it all up with an unsterile spoon. There is about 2/3 guano and 1/3 seeds. The guano acted like cement and stuck everything together but crumpled on breaking it up. I then soaked it again and stirred it until it was the consistancy of sour cream and have been stirring it every day with the dirty spoon. There's a fan blowing in the room to cool the lights and everything is unsterile. The seeds that had been uneaten in the spent seeds have sprouted but been unable to grow much because of the lack of air and light. The goal is to eventually see if I can get cubensis to grow on the garbage from the bottom of the parrot cage.

The thing that I have observed is absolutely zero mold after 3 weeks and I have a feeling not much bacteria because there is no composting going on. The seed casings are not breaking down at all. The container still smells like fresh manurer, not rotting. I really thought the whole thing would turn to mold especially when it was in the moist stage not wet. I have a feeling the soap is doing it unless the guano itself is preventing composting, but bird guano does compost as far as I know. Wet seed casings should mold almost for sure in my opinion but they're not.

#244 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:06 PM

The goal is to eventually see if I can get cubensis to grow on the garbage from the bottom of the parrot cage.

cool
:cool:

#245 PsilocibeJuggalo

PsilocibeJuggalo

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:12 AM

I went to Market Basket and every soap they have has triclosan. Some 15% some 8%. Anyway I used regular dish soap with aspirin mixed in the water to wash. We shall see if it works. The ammount of success the Rev had without contamns is impressive.:eusa_clap

#246 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:59 AM

All I can find around here is soap with triclosan, so I've made up six bags of corn with regular, non-germicidal dish soap.

50cc of soap was added to the simmer water, then the corn simmered until it would crack fairly easily with a fingernail. Very few kernels opened up.

The corn was dumped into a colander, allowed to drain briefly with no rinse, and scooped into the bags and sealed. The result was four cups of corn per bag.

The bags were steamed in the PC for an hour and a half, lid on but no regulator, so there wasn't any pressure to speak of.

After cooling, it looks great. No slime, no extra water, kernels not stuck together.

Tonight they get noc'd with lions mane, a couple kinds of oysters, and who knows what else?

So we'll see see how things go here at Contamination Central.

BTW, just got 50# of corn for about 12 bucks at Sam's. Helluva deal.

#247 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:04 PM

Exactly two weeks earlier I've had a little experiment soaking rye grains in a ordinary dishwashing soap...1 jar with and 1 without the soap.
Everything was cooked for 4 hours in a plain covered pot...maybe even too long but I didn't want to take any chances. They both colonized great and got cased today!
No contam, just that fresh mushy smell

-Anon

NB: this was not antibacterial soap used...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!