:) :heartbeat

#42 Nabby

Nabby

Mushroom Muncher

• Expired Member
  • 508 posts

Donator

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:28 PM

They're all so tall and thin, but growing quickly... kinda freaked me out, I'm not used to such a massive quantity of smaller fruits... but I suppose this is nothing new for dixies.

Attached Thumbnails

• pic071407_4.jpg
  • pic071407_2.jpg
  • pic071407_3.jpg
  • pic071407_1.jpg

#43 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:38 AM

They're all so tall and thin, but growing quickly... kinda freaked me out, I'm not used to such a massive quantity of smaller fruits... but I suppose this is nothing new for dixies.

That's how the majority I saw were... They pack quite a nice lil punch though.:amazed: Keep us updated, it's looking good. :rasta:

#44 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:35 AM

lookin good there Nab :headbang:

#45 Nabby

Nabby

Mushroom Muncher

• Expired Member
  • 508 posts

Donator

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:36 AM

Growth has slowed so much, I'm getting frustrated... got a few aborts around, which I picked off... no big deal, but the rest seem to be growing painfully slow... not really sure why... they have plenty of fresh air and good humidity... and it's around 76 F in there... maybe it's just because there's so damn many of them. Even the cakes I placed in a separate container to fruit are slow going, and seem to stop all together once they reach a few inches tall.

#46 Nabby

Nabby

Mushroom Muncher

• Expired Member
  • 508 posts

Donator

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:53 PM

Well, I decided today that the cake was just too dry... all the pins were aborting, and I noticed that the stipes of all the larger shrooms were getting more and more narrow at the base... so... I gave up on em... scraped everything off the top and bottom, stuck it under water for a few hours and squeezed it gently under water to help it fill up faster, like a sponge... set it out to drip dry and gave it a few good squeezes until nothin else came out of it, there was still a bit of the verm casing on it, so a used a serated knife to rake through it, and back into the fruiting chamber for round 2...

as per what I read here
http://mycotopia.net...lem-aborts.html

TVC suggested using a damp towel for the top of the tub, so I'm trying that one out. We'll see if flush 2 gives me the results I'm looking for.

#47 Nabby

Nabby

Mushroom Muncher

• Expired Member
  • 508 posts

Donator

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:04 PM

And now... fatties... just what I was hoping for...

Attached Thumbnails

• pic071907_1.jpg

#48 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:11 PM

Yeah those look a lot better. They will still probably be longer and skinnier than most cube strains but they are real pretty.

#49 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:33 PM

Yeah those look a lot better. They will still probably be longer and skinnier than most cube strains but they are real pretty.

lean and mean baby :)

#50 Cowcharmer

Cowcharmer

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 177 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:09 PM

im a little late but..
:dance::cacti::dance::cacti::dance::cacti::dance:
:eusa_danc :headbang:

hehe !
Can't wait to see some mature fruits.

#51 Blueberryyumyum

Blueberryyumyum

Bring It TO ME RAW!!!!

• Expired Member
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 09:06 PM

nice grow u got!:rasta:

#52 Nabby

Nabby

Mushroom Muncher

• Expired Member
  • 508 posts

Donator

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:11 PM

Sorry I haven't been staying updated on this. They seem to keep growing more and more, and I have trouble knowing when to call it a flush. I'm not really weighing what I'm picking, but it's been quite a bit. They're all pretty small, but there's a ton of them, and they're pretty strong. I haven't let any open comletely yet, either... probably should do so, and take a few prints.

#53 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 05:40 PM

Sorry I haven't been staying updated on this. They seem to keep growing more and more, and I have trouble knowing when to call it a flush. I'm not really weighing what I'm picking, but it's been quite a bit. They're all pretty small, but there's a ton of them, and they're pretty strong. I haven't let any open comletely yet, either... probably should do so, and take a few prints.

Hahahaha, just keeps on flushing. Good work Nabby! I'm glad you are liking them.

Yep, they may be a lil small, but pack a serious lil wallop ... And, they grow very very prolifically and numerous as you said.

A cool lil strain. Thanks again Dial8 for sharing this with us all. :eusa_clap

#54 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:08 PM

Any updates Nabby?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!