• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 moondust

moondust

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:33 PM

I would like to present a very interesting root I have played with.

The root of a plant called Corydalis Formosa, AKA Turkey Corn, AKA Yan Ho Suo.

Used in chinese medecine as a chi tonic and non addictive substitute for morphine with anti-inflammatory properties, and helps digesting food.

It can be pourchased for around 25 dollars a pound in any decent Chinese herbal store.

There is a lot to be said about it, so let me tell you what I have discovered about it with my experiments:

First of all, consuming this root, by just eating it as is, or making tea or decoction, revealed itself to be out of the question, causing bad breath and a very white and yellow tongue.

Howhever I found a very efficient way to go around this.

I toook the pound of sliced dried root ( it comes that way ) and ground it in a blender into powder, not too fine but fine.

Put it all in a big stewing pot, adding about 2 gallons of water and proceded in boiling at medium heat for at least half hour to an hour, let it cool ( optional ) , filter through cheese cloth in a strainer.

Save water extraction on the side, take mulch and put it once more in the pot with fresh water 1 gallon, repeat the operation and add resulting aqueous solution with the first wash, (if you' re really desperate you can wash it 3 times ).

Now rince your pot and pour in all the filtered extracts, and let it boil for at least 3 hours medium high, on its own, after that stick around to monitor the situation as it develops, as you want to continue evaporating ( add a fan if you have one, I didn' t bother ) until you end up with something the consistency of very thick molasses.

Prior to this you will have to have acquired about 2 cups of Chinese ( not western ) licorice root powder, the Chinese stuff tastes a lot nicer.

When the resulting molasses are cooled down, start incorporating the licorice powder to obtain a dough the consistency of firm playdow.
Save some licorice powder to dip in the little balls the size of medium sized cherries, you will next be forming, so they do not stick, like you would do with flour.

When this is done, put some brown paper on a cookie sheet, preheat your oven to mildly lukewarm, very very low, and dry the little balls bone dry but do not bake.

When they are dry, put them in a paper bag, in case moisture is trapped in the middle, they will finish drying.

No white tongue no bad breath with this method.

Next, what it does:

Imagine you just had a long bath, followed by a massage, your belly is full and you just had sex, basically it makes you feel like a baby, it' s a very physical thing.

Now what I will tell you next I personally never tried, but I was told by a neighbor I had given 20 or more of those balls, to overcome withdrawals she was having from Methadone ( the worst garbage I ever heard of...), she was a good harted one, I really wanted to help her, well little did I know crasy junkies, my neighbor and a friend of hers, told me later, they went and ate11 of these balls each in one sitting ( I had told her I usually only take one or two at a time over a 6 hour period, to maybe try 4 at once in her case ! ), seen it is a antiinflammatory and can be hard on the stomach in the long run ).

So they took around 11 balls each, and told me they were completely hallucinating like on acid and that the fire hydrants in the streets were talking to them making jokes....they were all giggely from the experience and seemed to have had a fine time, I was amazed and asked how their stomachs were feeling, they said no problem.

Man you' re talking about someone with liver cancer, hepatitis C, coming down from methadone.... I never cease to be amazed...

Anyways I have been way too scared to try it, as I was using it at small doses everyday for pain ( it is a pain killer ) at that time, and I had started bloating really bad after about 4 to 6 months of dayly use, and quit around then when this happened with the neighbor, so I never got to try it at higher doses, but those of you who are more into chemistry may want to investigate it.

It' s really not addictive, even after months I just quit.

Nice while it lasted, and I do not think the neighbor was lying, because when they came back from their trip, they really wanted the name of this root and how to prepare it and wrote it all down swearing it was as good as acid, now I am skeptical but they were so thrilled I wonder what' s in that root, or in the combination of the root with licorice root ( licorice makes adrenaline and is one of the most biologically active plants known to man , corydalis the root has an anti-inflammatory ? ) that at high dosage is doing that.

Apparently they weren' t losing their balance or anything, just kept seeing and hearing stuff that wasn' t there, but fun not threatening.

#2 Theytellmethegootch

Theytellmethegootch

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:12 PM

That sounds really interesting..

I feel you man, tons of methadone around here..

Bad shit.. Hence the first 4 letters.

Peace

#3 moondust

moondust

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:55 PM

CORYDALYS : History, uses, mode of action, counterindications.

History and Uses:

Corydalis is native to Siberia, Japan and northern China, and the part of this plant that is used medicinally is the rhizome.

In traditional Chinese medicine Corydalis is said to invigorate the blood and alleviate pain, including menstrual, abdominal and hernial.

Although Corydalis is only one third the strength of morphine, it is said to be effective and non-addictive as a pain reliever and sedative .

In laboratory it has been shown to exhibit pharmacological actions on the central nervous system, including analgesic and sedative effects and also help relief from pain from traumatic injury.

The primary chemical constituents of Corydalis include several alkaloids bulbocapnine, corydaline, leonticine, tetrahydropalmatineTHP, protopine, and of the full range of twenty alkaloids found in this plant, THP is considered to be the most potent. The tetrahydopalmatine seems to block the nervous system's dopamine receptors.

In addition to its central nervous system effects, studies in the laboratory have shown the alkaloids from Corydalis also have cardiovascular actions.
Animal studies have shown Corydalis offers some protection against strokes by lowering heart rates and blood pressure levels.

This herb has shown the ability to help insomniacs fall asleep, and it is also thought to be effective in reducing nerve pain, including pain associated with menstruation, abdominal pain after childbirth and headache pain.

Recommended Dosage:
Take 1200 mg , one to two times each day, with water at mealtimes.

Do not exceed recommended dosage.

Contraindications:

Corydalis should always be used under the supervision of a health care provider. Children, pregnant or nursing women should not use Corydalis, nor should those who have severe liver or kidney disease.

Overuse may lead to toxicity or hepatitis, and use of Corydalis may cause nausea, fatigue or vertigo. Care should be taken with the use of this herb, as it could be habit forming.

Corydalis may enhance the effects of sedatives, including alcohol and benzodiazepines, and should not be used at the same time.

Corydalis contains substances that reduce the formation of blood clots, so this herb should only be used under a physician's care by people taking anticoagulant drugs such as warfarin.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: corydalis, experiments, formosa

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!