Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Playing With Extracting DMT (aka: Wazzling The Spice)

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:48 AM

decided not to hijack DJTetsu's thread, so I made this one :)

Here is his thread - [old link]

Edited by Sidestreet, 05 September 2016 - 07:06 AM.
removed link

#2 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:18 PM

Ok, Like this...

Attached Files

#3 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:51 PM

I use [Volvin Tek] and modify it just a tad, to make it more feasible for me..:)

wow, they seem to defat it b4 going basic in that tek... interesting...

Edited by Sidestreet, 05 September 2016 - 07:07 AM.
removed link

#4 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:00 PM

Wow, so what I learned from that CM is that the naphtha won't pull the dmt out until the solution is basic. If it's still acidic it will pull fats/oils out... a defatting process. Then basify, and pull out the dmt with the naphtha then. Very interesting.

Also, it mentions that heat destroys the dmt... I didn't know this and was nearly boiling my bark brew up when making it... Going to have to try to keep this lower now...

Good link CM. Thanks!

#5 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:07 PM

yeah, I read the thing like 5 times before I tried it and still had a copy on a table when I did it, I also had Marsfold's tek open too...kinda put em together in a way...good stuff for sure. I'm glad yall like it.
Thats why I feel that the ph is so important. Many researches has suggested that the number one failure is ph problems, and I believe he states in that write up.

#6 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:35 PM

yeah, I read the thing like 5 times before I tried it and still had a copy on a table when I did it, I also had Marsfold's tek open too...kinda put em together in a way...good stuff for sure. I'm glad yall like it.
Thats why I feel that the ph is so important. Many researches has suggested that the number one failure is ph problems, and I believe he states in that write up.

DJ, sorry for hopping all over your thread ;)

So, do you do that defatting step on it b4 doing basification and the naphtha pulls also?

#7 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:57 PM

yeah, its sorda two extrations.
If your goin to defat you have to
do it before you basifiy it. after you basified it
dmt will leave and follow the naptha

#8 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:02 AM

yeah, its sorda two extrations.
If your goin to defat you have to
do it before you basifiy it. after you basified it
dmt will leave and follow the naptha

So if the brew is acidic, the naphtha will leave the DMT and pull out oils and fats. After you make it basic, it will pull out the DMT especially, and some oils and fats as we already know. But if you get those out first... cleaner basic pulls of the DMT! :loveeyes::amazed: Dats awesome. :headbang::bow:

I'm gonna try a defat next time and hopefully it should make my lil batch less oily from the start. Again, awesome info. :thumbup:

DJ, you best be studying this ;) lol

#9 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:30 AM

Im glad you dig the tek DDD,
but I'm not the chemist here just
a random web surfer that found that info :D
Marsfold and this Vovin guy in my opinion
could have good conversation. As for
you and I....we're students..lol
cool class eh?
Keep us posted DJ :thumbup:

#10 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:34 PM

What are the thoughts on the boiling/simmering of the bark and water? Not boil too long? Never actually even boil it? Boil the hell outta it? ???

#11 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:38 PM

Also, I'm trying the defatting step now. I had to lower the PH slightly to get it at 4 or below to not remove any DMT and only oils. I have 3 jars going, 1 of them is redish looking. LOL Any ideas? Did that one not get the PH right for some reason like jar residue maybe? Is red normal?

Will letcha know how it goes...

#12 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:15 AM

Been a bit, got a layer now that looks like bubbles... like fatty bubbles maybe?

Whatcha think?

Gonna let it settle more... I'm not sure if those bubbles need to settle out or what though really... that's the first defatting naphtha pull.

I'm also noticing a little layer of sediment forming.. maybe from breaking down the oils in the lil bits of bark I had get through?

Attached Thumbnails

• Defatting the wazzle nooch 002.jpg
  • Defatting the wazzle nooch 001.jpg

Edited by Sidestreet, 05 September 2016 - 07:08 AM.

#13 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:56 AM

After about 3 hrs I pulled off that naphtha and bubbly oils... VERY NASTY. hah Tis like a gunky sludge almost with a lil bit of clean naphtha on the top. I'm saving these pulls in a seperate jar just in case.

Added more naphtha now, will see how it goes. If that was all fats and oils I pulled out, WOWSERS :amazed:

#14 gardentoad

gardentoad

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:30 AM

This lazy person likes to play around with extraction, too. He went straight to base without defatting and then added naptha. He then did 3 pulls with naptha over a 3 day period. He got good results. The first naptha pull yielded 1.7 gr. The second yielded about 2 gr and the third pull yielded about .5 gr. This was from 500 gr. of bark.

#15 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:55 AM

So issssssssssss this bubbly stuff fats/tannins/oils etc? So far I think it is, but I'm still waiting other opinions...

#16 Paradox

Paradox

Rumplestiltskin's Butler

• Expired Member
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:32 PM

Combining pulls before evap helps as does leaving the jar on its side for a better surface area so SWIM says.

#17 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:49 PM

I like it where its mostly dust and fibers.
Yours still has large pieces of root in there,
so yeah, a bit more. Don't worry about larger
pieces of fiber, just the harder, chunky, root pieces.
One of the most important things is the ph when you start the soak.

never mind about the ph I guess, that tek doesn't require it...

What should the PH be when starting a soak? I've just been cooking it up in regular water for 45-60min then straining. The last time I dropped the PH somewhat using some PH adjusting stuff to see though. After this I bring the PH way back up and then the naphtha pulls. I wasn't aware there was a good target ph range for that initial cook... in fact, someone told me NOT to use any vinegar the first time cuz the bark itself would alter the ph enough and it would take a lot more lye...

so, what should that soaking PH be, and for how long?

#18 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:00 PM

OK, so anyways, I let the 2nd naphtha defat pulls sit overnight for a few hours. Two settled out a slight bit, but not much, the other was still very thick. Pulled em out and again, lots of icky nasty oily gunk. So, naphtha defat pull 3 being done. Two look like most of the fats are gone now, the other still has a good amount I think and it's gonna get a 4th defat pull done on it b4 moving along.

#19 CoyoteMesc

CoyoteMesc

howling mad

• Expired Member
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:11 PM

So issssssssssss this bubbly stuff fats/tannins/oils etc? So far I think it is, but I'm still waiting other opinions...

I don't know what it is...lol
Nasty huh...LoL:puke:

Good luck DOOooby

#20 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:27 PM

Hey Doobs, what have you got going on here exactly?

Powdered bark in water that has been brought down to a ph of 4, boiled, strained, bark discarded and now you are doing naptha pulls on the acidic solution to defat before you basify it? Am I following this correctly?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!