Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Playing With Extracting DMT (aka: Wazzling The Spice)

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 smacked12

smacked12

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:15 AM

i go with 20-24 hours. that seems long enough for 95-98% to precip out. my first few runs i placed the solvent back in after filtering and left it for days. i got a minimal return, 100mg at most.

do you plan on doing all 3 grams?

#102 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:56 AM

i go with 20-24 hours. that seems long enough for 95-98% to precip out. my first few runs i placed the solvent back in after filtering and left it for days. i got a minimal return, 100mg at most.
do you plan on doing all 3 grams?

Hmm, not sure what I want to test yet... maybe that, maybe some of the other... not sure how much... debating it...

#103 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 02:21 PM

What sort of dish would you suggest is best? Does the spice stick and crystal up well on the bottom as it gets cold? Pyrex flat dish or a round cylindrical beaker?

#104 smacked12

smacked12

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:46 PM

i like to use a flat pyrex dish. i think mine are 9x13. if you pour the solvent off while the dish is still cold 99% should stick, but there will be some crystal floating. normally it's so minimal i don't bother filtering it out. i just pour it off and save the solvent to be re-used for a later extraction.

no matter the amount i'm working with i use the same process. spice goes into a jar. steaming hot solvent is added a little a time just until all of the oil dissloves. the jar is left to sit until it comes back to room temp. usually, at this point a thin yellow film/oil will coat the bottom of the jar. from here pour your solvent into your pyrex dish leaving the oil behind. reduce the solvent with a fan by 15-20%. then cover and stick in the freezer. if your concerned about leaving any spice behind in the oil you can rinse your jar with a little hot solvent that you plan on using in later extraction, but my guess is the oil is mostly impurities.

#105 bbd2

bbd2

eNtheogen psychonautical voyager navigator

• Free Member
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:54 PM

foaf does somthn similar, but absorbs the yellow oil w/ a dried herb, e.g. peppermint, bud etc. lets it dry, then smokes

4-8 hrs for foafs freeze precip

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!