Fisana

- - - - -

Karo cloudy? Syringe

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_sugnuf_*

Guest_sugnuf_*

Posted 16 February 2005 - 09:06 AM

Hello, I tried my first Karo Jar. Its been about 5 days and I see a good bit of Myc when i swirl he water around... however the water itself is a cloudy white.. Is this normal? Is this just the MYC or should the water be clear with bits of Myc floating around in it?

Also If i do get to the next stage..when I PC my used needles with distilled water in them, do i shoot the water out in the sink first before I draw the Karo.. Or do i shoot the water in the Karo and then draw up?

Thanks allot

#2 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:24 AM

Your karo shouldn't be cloudy. Sometimes when you take flesh from a mushroom to clone it will get a little cloudier, but really it shouldn't. Did you clone or multispore? And to answer your next ? I never shoot anything into my liquid cultures once they've been sterilized. I aspirate only. You're only asking to contaminate your karo if the H20 in the syringe or the syringe itself isn't clean.

#3 Guest_dell500_*

Guest_dell500_*

Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:59 PM

FOAF used an Air purifier ( not HEPA grade, but 99% filtration) and FOAF opened the jars and multispored them with about 1-2 cc's of liquid. No contams and GIANT growth in about 5 days. In the fridge now. FOAF is waiting to build a flowhood for G2G and agar work soon :). But it can be done open air, not wise without some kind of purified air going over it, but it works for some. Higher contam rate though.

Dell

#4 sugnuf77

sugnuf77

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 09:07 AM

What I meant was the water that was in the Syringe after it just came out of the PC..I guess that water just get squirted out? Before i inject inot the karo solution and draw up some good stuff in the needle

#5 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 09:31 AM

i always just pc the syringes empty
avoids the inevitable leak
then after
i fill from a bottle of sterile [already pc'd] water

#6 sinthetic

sinthetic

i party like a rock star

• Expired Member
  • 872 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 12:26 PM

What I meant was the water that was in the Syringe after it just came out of the PC..I guess that water just get squirted out? Before i inject inot the karo solution and draw up some good stuff in the needle

Doesn't matter if u squirt it in the sink or in the karo, either way your getting a syringe full of myc :)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!