Fisana

- - - - -

White mold?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mishnef_*

Guest_mishnef_*

Posted 16 February 2005 - 09:48 AM

I know this will be difficult to answer without pics, but here goes.
I got neglectful with some cakes in a perlite terrarium (not fanning) and many of the aborts and survivors were covered with a white powdery looking substance.
I threw out the really bad ones. The ones that I dried still have this dusty looking appearance.
I dunked the cakes (straight h2o), sprayed the terrarium with a bleach solution and when I put the cakes back in I misted them with an h202 solution and they are fine and produtive.
Does anyone know what this powdery substance may be? If anyone has seen grapes growing, it sort of looks like the wild yeasts that cling to the grapes on the vine. For 4 or 5 dried gms, I have no real problem tossing them, but waste not want not. I don't have a Polaroid or digital camera so I can't show pics, but if anyone has any thoughts the input would be greatly appreciated.
Mishnef

#2 insight

insight

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 824 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 09:58 AM

I cant say myself exactly what it is, someone else may be able to tell you, however, here is a link to the contams and molds archives. Maybe you will be able to match it up there. Good luck.
http://mycotopia.net...tml?1 093125688.

#3 Guest_neverblink_*

Guest_neverblink_*

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:27 AM

If it is a yeast you should be careful. There are some dangerous ones. I'll look some up and get back to you.

#4 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 11:31 AM

impossible to really say what you are seeing

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!