Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:26 PM

Wow, very nice! :bow:

#4 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:45 PM

What strain you got there? Allen? Dixie?

#5 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:27 PM

Sweet...:bow:

#6 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:56 PM

looks tasty indeed :amazed:

#7 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:36 PM

sorry about the details. this is the tazmanian strain.

These bins were not so heavily neglected as usual. Basically, when moisture condensation on the tops of the saran wrap lids built up heavily the boxes were tilted 45 degrees ala jethro's tek. this redistributes the moisture so that the drops do not drop directly on the fruits. However, the moisture was not released out of the chamber. The sides were not opened or aired out. No fanning was done, or any type of maintenance other than tilting the boxes. These seem more reminescent of past flushes with casings. However, there is no casing layer. The substrate has coir in it. It is making a big difference in opposition to the vermiculite used. the vermiculite does hold good amounts of water but none comparable to coir. You can definitely see the difference in flush. These are some meaty fatties! Enjoy!

the flush is all twisted looking because of diffused light source. basically they normally grow very str8 up. these flushes were left completely sealed off from the outside world the entire time. the bins were tilted at a 45 degree angle anytime extra condensation was builtup and this was a random movement of diffused light. in fact, the closet is barely light visible. what little light did get in. it did quite a nice thing.

the shades are kept to about 10% light in the room. the closet door is only opened a crack. so really its just a tad bit of light. this will explain the crazy growth of the stems. its a bitch to harvest but at the same time fun. you almost get lost in a jungle!

#8 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:52 PM

I just noticed this but doctor i am scared of you now. your post was 666!

#9 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:31 PM

....few more shots....

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3564[1].jpg
  • IMG_3565[1].jpg
  • IMG_3563[1].jpg

#10 Guest_Doesntmatter_*

Guest_Doesntmatter_*

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:26 AM

man, obviously, no one is going to argue with you on results,
but do you think that you would've had a better flush with the
normal air's out? like once a day? like i said, you are getting
obvious good results, but I might think they would be better
with an airing out once a day.. there is heavy condensation
on the pinning layer from the photos... might this have been
better maintained? I mean, it's mainly envy, my friend, but
just from a long timer point of view, do you think the extra
FAE might have been helpful?

-DM-

#11 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:13 AM

i have to agree. of course more fae is always better. took like 30 minutes to harvest one bin. i do things passively. i let the mushrooms do the breathing is the way i like to put it. they never seem to get choked out and i have gone 13 flushes in a row using these bins. i have had problems with automated setups after 3 flushes and there has to be some kind of fae going on in there. otherwise wouldn't the substrate contam? usually when i get pockets of stale air, this contams. some of my bins work better than others because of the hole placement. the saran wrap is somewhat loose. this time i kept it very tight. i always do experiments. i been going outdoor with quite a bit of stuff recently and from that standpoint. yes the mushrooms look a bit different. i am not getting giant fruits but you can tell the differenc they look just a bit more shapeful if that makes sense. but just because i don't fan, doesn't mean there isn't good fae going on in there. it seems that it is going on. has been for years. i do admit, i like dub tubs better, but for space and efficiency i like using saran wrap as the lid. its porous, light, easy to work with, and cheap....lol.

also i believe the sub seems so moist because of the coir in the substrate. after flush the substrate looks like i misted it. i don't think i need to even dunk the sub this time. i think i may just spritz it with some water.

i try to do things at a minimal. i don't have alot of time to devote and if i can get away with as little work as possible. then im all for it.the fruits would have been tall and straight up but the lighting was at different angles everyday. so i think this twisted up everything a bit. i have another thread that states how i use these tubs. ill try and find it for you. generally these chambers do have constant fae. most of the time i open the corners of the saran wrap to allow a bit of moisture to get out of the chamber. this is basically open air at this point. but usually i don't open the corners for more than one evening.

really though i didn't fan once. nor did i open this chamber until harvest and pics. the condensation wasn't so heavy on the actual substrate itself until after the fruits started maturing. at this point condensation went to the roof. after harvest the substrate looks excellent. no tears nothing. the fruits were easy to harvest aside from having to tear about 25 at once from all different directions.

here is a link with how i do things. if you take a look. its open air!

http://mycotopia.net...n-tallboys.html

seriously though, compared to what i used to go through doing hard work and devoting effort and time into things. i do very little work now. only about once every 3 weeks of hard earned work. i guess you can call it lazy or efficient. i can admit i am one lazy mofo!

#12 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,258 posts

Donator

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:43 PM

I just noticed this but doctor i am scared of you now. your post was 666!

Hehe, yeah I noticed it too. I saw it coming up at around 650 posts. I changed my Title from Mycotopiate to "EVIL Doctor" for the occasion. Too bad it only lasts for one post though! I lose it as soon as I respond to someone's post. Won't happen again until post 6,666 - and that one is a LONG ways away. ;)

Good eye man!

#13 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:29 PM

nice .. interesting info .. keep up the good work ..

#14 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:06 PM

2 bins
dy=206g
no casing

#15 Sunstar

Sunstar

Gazer of the innerself

• Expired Member
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:42 PM

Awesome flush.:thumbup:
Keep up the good work

#16 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:04 PM

2nd flush. i did the same thing as last flush. in between flushes i dunked for a solid 3 hours with tapwater. drained it. put it back in the closet. this time the closet was left closed with no light so the growth was crazy. the saran wrap wasn't lifted until the picture and now once again after harvest. this harvest was just as big as the first one space wise on the dry racks. i love this taz strain. meaty, fat, heavy, tall consistent fruits. most o.a. 12" length. credit to ralphsters spores. thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3595[1].jpg
  • IMG_3594[1].jpg

#17 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:07 PM

nice suntops .
:bow:

#18 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:13 PM

hip, did you see the one on the top left that looks like the veil is still attached? it kinda reminds me of treasure coast or malabar. this strain almost nearly reminds me of a cross between z strain and malabar with the way it grows. id almost say, it has the best attributes of both strains as well as the size. man these suckers keep fruiting. all the outside spent cakes are still poppin up daily.

#19 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:19 PM

did make me think of treasure coast indeed

#20 LBM's

LBM's

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 03:40 PM

Eatualive, is the eco straw that you are using for ponds, the kind that you find in pet stores? Also are they compressed kind of like the compressd wood pellets? If so how much do they expand? Thanks

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!