70 replies to this topic

#41 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:51 PM

taz babies.:horse: i just love this strain.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3634[1].jpg
  • IMG_3633[1].jpg

#42 DownByLaw

DownByLaw

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:12 PM

unbelievable!!!!!

#43 grasshopper wilkins

grasshopper wilkins

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:27 AM

tazo's?
eatu ...man. since ive been coming to this site, bar none youve always had some of the sickist grows ive seen.
not to kiss your ass or nothing...not my intent.
just had to give you props on a job well done. awesome work man

i still remeber the z's and texans you posted once. sick bro, sick.

is there any reason you switched from the double bin method?

#44 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:53 AM

good question. well previously i had tons of space both vertically and horizontally so i had no limit. now i have a very confined space so if i can utilize two tubs and get similar flush then so be it. i tested methods using lids, with automation, without lids using saran wrap, anything you can think of.

i was having problems with contamination and no air flow in my bins with saran wrap and the holes in the bins until i started opening the corners and tilting the boxes. tilting is still a bit space consuming as well so i had to stack the boxes criss cross on eachother. at the time i was doing those dub tubs i was very busy so i didn't really have time to reply to anything. i need to post that thread over here. its just going to be difficult. it was difficult getting it at shroomery. i had to upload 3 pics a night. took like a freakin week. their board wasn't as user friendly as this board is now. i used to actually have a more difficult time posting over here than shroomery. but now everything is running very smoothly and quite user friendly. i thank whoever had responsibility for that...

everyone used to tell me why not use single tubs? my only problem at the time was that i couldn't do them without fanning. there were times when i would be away from bins for two days. i can't fan that. it will contam if i don't fan in two days. ohmatic over at shroomery pointed out that you can use the lids and have good results. so i tried it. and started experimenting. i went through a good 6 month contam, feeling out process. nothing seemed to work until jethro suggested using saran wrap...thanks jethro. ever since then, i have just adapted it to my dub tubs and everything is working out better than ever before. now the yield (in my tests)i was a bit lower using a single tub. but if you think about it this way, you now have two tubs so double the yield which is just about equivelant of one dub tub flush. and now i can stack these bins 8 high if need be. so it works out well. i spend very little time maintaining things. the time i put in is making things right before i put them in the fruiting chamber.

by the way, i used to use close to 30 of these 64 liter iris clear stacks. now im down to like 8 with similar results. not same yield of course because it is about half of what i used to do. but now space efficiency is much tighter. yield per square foot is quite pleasing!

#45 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:36 AM

By the way EYA, the name of that generic stuff is named Press and Hold. :lol: :rolleyes:

#46 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:21 PM

or press n let go from what you said....lol:eusa_clap
http://mycotopia.net...img_3637-1-.jpg
this is success using the press n seal. only opened for pictures. pins are developing. the box will be tilted tommorow.

#47 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:34 PM

this flush below has some early bloomers but its a rather sad flush. i think i know what happened. the brick of coir was expanded with water then left to fan dry for a week or so before it was actually mixed into the substrate and spawned. what the problem is, has to do with moisture content. i had a feeling this was going to happen. when i mixed the substrate, i added water manually. normally, i just use the water that the coir brick soaked up as the entire moisture content. this generally works out perfectly. but this time, i kept adding water and felt it was still a bit dry but went with it anyway. this might explain the dinky flush. i think its going to surprise me in a few hours but until then we will never know. these taz seem to want to have some early bloomers from time to time. hopefully the rest of the bins will turn out a bit better than this one.
IMG_3643[1].jpg .jpg]

once again, the light source is very diffused and sporatic, in fact, not much light is given to them at all. the blinds are almost closed and the closet blocks most of the light coming in.

#48 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:03 PM

half harvested.
IMG_3644[1].jpg .jpg]

#49 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:15 PM

few more shots.

IMG_3650[1].jpg .jpg]
IMG_3651[1].jpg .jpg]

#50 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:33 PM

Im jealous as hell... damn i need a pc so I can knock up some spawn.. cant wait to try some of Eat U Alive step by step pictorial teks ';...

#51 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

good 'nuff
:cool:

#52 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:59 PM

eastwood, you should read up on that non pc grain tek that was just posted. i think it may solve your problems. he used a pot and used antibacterial soap to achieve good results. you don't have to be limited with that trial. it definitely helps out if you don't have a pc. its in the fungi section i believe.

#53 eastwood

eastwood

Dragon Bait

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,612 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:43 PM

Eat u alive ... thanks for the kick in the ass .. I needed that..

#54 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:02 PM

these tassies don't stop.
IMG_3661[1].jpg .jpg]

#55 triked

triked

it aint weerd enuf yet. G

• Expired Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:47 AM

thank you for the quick thorough response eatyu.
i finally took the time to read through the whole thread.

about how deep do you make the substrate in those bins?

coir is awesome.
what else grows weed AND shrooms?

#56 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:03 PM

In all honesty. I basically mix a big batch of what i think will be enough for 4 turkey tins. One turkey tin plus two quarts spawn per one 60 liter iris. sometimes the sub depth varies depending on how deeply you pack your substrate into the turkey tin. generally its about 2-3" sub depth. and i don't use casing layers anymore. even in some cases the substrate it 1" depth when i don't mix up enough substrate. it happens sometimes! i really don't measure anything anymore. just pay more attention to the mix.

#57 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:16 PM

tazmanian!
IMG_3664[1].jpg .jpg]
IMG_3665[1].jpg .jpg]
IMG_3666[1].jpg .jpg]

#58 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:09 PM

more shots.
IMG_3667[1].jpg .jpg]
IMG_3668[1].jpg .jpg]

#59 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• OG VIP
  • 12,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:09 PM

:greenboun

I'm likin' the Taz!

Great flushes as always Eatyu :thumbup:

#60 eatyualive

eatyualive

ExoCannibalist

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:29 PM

sorry to bombard....but here are a few more...the more i see, the more i love this strain. its too hard to choose between this one, malabar, tex, z, allen, treasure coast. i love them all....the 2nd pic is all pointing toward the camera. this is due to the tilted box. this press n seal definitely keeps the moisture in. i actually had to open my lids for the first time this year. i think opening the corners for a few hours should be fine. cuz no way im fannin!
IMG_3670[1].jpg .jpg]

half that harvest took 30 mins. ran out of time, had to wait till the evening to pick the rest....lol..
IMG_3671[1].jpg .jpg]

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!